“Wonderful stay in a cool hotel”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #178 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Where do I begin? We travel a lot, I have stayed in many hotels and this by far is one of the best! We stayed here for 2 nights from Friday to Sunday. The hotel was very busy and we get a complimentary upgrade on arrival (as the hotel only has a few basic rooms, I guess that happens quite often). The large room (around 40sqm) was very clean, comfortable, modern and charming. Bed was very nice, better than at home! Pillows were great, WIFI was most of the time fast (and free) and room had a great kitchen area. Air conditioner was quiet and worked great. Flat screen TV was working fine. The room had excellent details.. The bathroom was huge with a wonderful tub. Shower pressure was the best in London, I have never experienced that before in the Queen’s city. And absolutely no noise from the other rooms. Some hotels have poor light setup, here all was well functioning, and easy to use from bed, by the bathroom and from the hallway. The curtain setup was great, so our little boy, could stay in a “separate room”. Concierge did a good job (he helped us 3 times), and check-in was quick and professional. And the furnitures and art was great, both in the room and in the common areas. Location of the hotel is in a quiet area, and close to the Underground, restaurants, and The Childhood Museum. We spent one hour there, and it was great fun for both kids and adults (retro-toys etc.). Walking dinstance to Spitafield Market, Broadway Market is just great. And the Corner Room restaurant is so cool. Highly recommended for a luxury week-end in Bethnal Green. The pool area is small, but nice. Great details, and perfect temperature for swimming. The lobby - we actually spent a lot of time there, drinking cucomber water, and using all the fancy chairs from Wegner and friends. And the service was above everything we have experienced in London. Especially at the front desk - really good service.

The only negative thing about the room is that the sound system does not have a docking station for Iphone 5, only 3+4. The rest is really great.

Room Tip: Room G18 is great.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest, I am always pleased when I read good reviews about our hotel, but when they come from a consumed traveller with a lot of knowledge of our business and an obvious eye for detail, the result is enhanced. I am glad that you enjoyed all our “little treats” set in the room and the skills of our chefs at the Corner Room. It is nice to read that we deliver the service we are famous for and I will cascade your nice words to all the involved departments. Now you know you have a house in London that will wait for you every time you will be back. Many thanks and
kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights over Easter weekend. It is located next to Bethnal Green station on the Central Line (just outside of Zone 1 of Central London).

Upon arrival, we had the pleasant surprise to be upgraded from a standard bedroom to a one-bedroom apartment. The apartment was very big and very well furnished, with an entrance, a living area (with a TV, a fully-fledged kitchen), a large bathroom and the bedroom (which had its own TV).

We tested their food on two occasions: room service on the night we came in and breakfast the day after. The room service is menu is not extensive but the options are a good bargain and what we had was very good.

The breakfast is either available through room service or in their restaurant where they have a buffet and an a la carte menu. We opted for the latter and thought the food was nice (but perhaps a little too expensive when you want to eat a full English breakfast).

The staff was very responsive to our requests and always happy to help.

An excellent stay overall. If I had to make a negative comment, that would be concerning the wifi (which is free by the way) the coverage of which was not great in the bedroom part of the apartment. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you had a fully enjoyable experience and that you had the chance to experience the most part of our facilities. I am glad to read that our staff was living up to their reputation. I have taken note of your comment and I will speak with the department manager involved to sort the problem out. I am looking forward to welcome you again for your next visit. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is the second time my family have stayed at Town Hall . As I wrote on my previous visit I am not a fan of the location, but I guess that is why you get value for your money.
The man on the arrival desk was so helpful when I had a small mix up with transport.
A room upgrade was given which was an added bonus.
My only, hopefully constructive criticism is I feel the standard of breakfast was not as good as on my previous visit and the coffee making skills of the staff could improve.
Overall I would be happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, we really appreciate our guests even more so when they are repeating ones and they recommend our hotel to their friends! It is nice to see that the quality of the service that you found in the first place did not fade as the time went by. I particularly like the last part of your review, the promise to bring more people and visit us again. Looking forward to it! Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were there with our 3 children aged 2, 4, and 8 years.
We had a very big appartment/ loft. The kids loved it.
Design, cleanless and confort were great.

The swimming pool was a real relief after 1 day of walking.

I would really recommend this hotel especially for a family like us. The concept both hotel and appartments enable to have all advantages. We could have a pizza with the kids in our appartment and enjoy the same evening a (great) Margarita at the bar.

The neighbourghood is OK, and the access to the metro is very easy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your very exhaustive although essential description of our hotel and your stay left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read reviews like this because they help future guests with families to choose the right hotel in London, The Town Hall Hotel. I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed all the facilities. We hope to see you soon with your family and your friends. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a very nice executive suite in the ground floor. We were a little disturbed of noise from the router the first night, but the staff was very helpful and got it fixed immediately. We travelled with our six years old son, and the surroundings showed up to be quite family friendly. Especially the pool was a winner. The Corner Room where we had our breakfast and more dinners was excellent with light modern food and a relaxed atmosphere. Friendly, professional and serviceminded staff everywhere. All in all a very nice stay, and we would not hesitate to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, it is really difficult to find the right balance between design and functionality, with your kind words left in Tripadvisor I have the certainty that once more we reached this goal. Thank you for such a nice review. I always say that the best way to judge a hotel is to sleep in its rooms, try the restaurant, and use the services provided. Your first-hand experience highlights exactly this. looking forward to see you soo!.. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Took our 9 yr old for a couple of days in London and had a great time! Hotel staff very helpful, rooms are fantastic - we had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and a living room / kitchen for less than the cost of a central london hotel room. Well worth the 5 min tube ride into the city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, I really enjoyed the journalist cut of your review left on Tripadvisor, which in essential words highlights how much you enjoyed the experience. We wait for you next time in your “fantastic apartment” here at the Town Hall Hotel! Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels in central London and this is the best experience I have had so far. Will definitely return. We were upgraded at check in to a 'feature room', which was lovely. Hotel is very clean, staff friendly, helpful but not OTT. The hotel is 'alive' with history and has been very sympathetically restored to provide a lovely experience for guests. We only stayed for one night and visited the glorious nearby Victoria park; which was full of trees in blossom and borders full of colourful tulips...well worth a visit and much better than Hyde Park....especially if as we did, you have time to visit 2 great London pubs at either end of the park...the Crown and The Inn on the Park...both very busy early Saturday evening when we visited, real ales, good atmosphere and reasonable priced pub food. We also visited Brick Lane with it's eclectic mix of coffee houses, fashion shops and pre owned items and jewellery shops( 20 minutes walk from hotel,thank you to reception staff who provided map and guidance). Although the location is not the best in London, the central line tube is just 5 mins walk away. We decided to stay in the 'real' East end part of town and glad we did. We will definitely return. Thoroughly recommended. Pam & Mike W.

Room Tip: Ask for a feature room or upgrade if possible....well worth it!
1  Thank Greg W

Dear Guest, it is really true the East End has something special in it, a melting pot of cultures, spices, food, people and nice places, we love it and that is why our hotel is located here. We are so glad when all our guests discover it, enjoy it and look at us like the key holders of this magic world. Thank you for your nice words left on Tripadvisor, which without doubt will be used by many other travellers to choose the right destination for their stay in London, the Town Hall Hotel. I am glad that the hotel itself played an important role in your stay and that every department added to an already nice experience. We will keep on with our philosophy and we will grant you many other wonderful stays. Many Thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole