Town Hall Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
1,452 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanecouncil chamberwasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail bar
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Was here with a conference and stayed for two nights. The staff was very helpful and accomodating as we arrived too early for check in but was able to leave our luggage and come back with it already in our rooms.
Highlight is definitley the room itself, huge space and if you're into the whole converting old buildings into new it's definitely a must see. Many things around the hotel worth exploring, things you can't get in other hotels.
Set back is it's pretty pricey considering it's far from central London and not peak summer yet and the food was only ok. Not much happening around it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest, Thanks you for your comments left on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you stay and I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've eaten at the corner room before and thought the hotel looked lovely. We had a lower ground floor apartment which was huge and so made up for the lack of light/ views. The room was full of gorgeous free extras - fresh milk, water in the fridge, espresso maker and coffee and lovely toiletries. We were close to the pool and enjoyed a late night swim. Staff were all charming and friendly. The hotel itself is a complete delight - unusual furniture, ornate banisters. I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Lower ground suites are huge
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hartlgem
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest, being a voracious reader I particularly like descriptive novels and journalistic cuts going straight to the point. That is the way I found your review, a very good help for our future guests! Thank you for these thorough words left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you experienced the most part of our facilities and enjoyed our room amenities. It is also good to read about our staff that time and again is prised for its five star service delivery. I take you on your last words and cannot wait to welcome you again! Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just came back from a 5 night stay at this wonderful hotel. I'm almost hesitant to give it a glowing review as it would be great to keep this spot a little secret. However, the hard working staff deserve compliments on the great things they do.

At first, I was disappointed as we were given a room in the lower ground floor despite having put in a request for a higher floor well in advance. I had also requested to have a unit where one of the bedrooms had 2 twin beds instead of one double bed and this did not happen. I would've preferred not sleeping in the same bed as my sister as we have space/movement issues but luckily it wasn't a dire situation. It could've become really awkward and awful though if we absolutely needed two separate beds and I wonder if the hotel could've remedied the situation as, upon arrival, we were told that there were absolutely no other rooms available and we would have to wait one or two days before we could be moved if we wanted. I understand that rooms are not always guaranteed at hotels but if you made the effort to input your preferences months in advance, you would hope that they would be carried out. And we didn't even check-in that late - around the usual check-in time of 1 or 2 o'clock pm actually.

In any case, I don't like causing a fuss so I just accepted the situation without complaint. Other than that, the rest of our stay was great. The lower ground floor was surprisingly quiet even though our windows opened on the street. The suite was large and beautiful. The rooms were impeccably clean and well-appointed. The kitchen and washing machine were exceedingly helpful to have. The L'Occitane bath products, still and sparkling water, milk, heated towel rack, free (and strong) wi-fi, and divine coffee were wonderful touches that greatly enhanced our stay.

The location was great. A bit out of the way in terms of Central London and all the sights but it's a really easy walk to Bethnal Green station and from there, London public transport can take you anywhere.

A little bit on the pricey side but definitely a lovely, solid choice for a place to stay in London.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for this frank and constructive review left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that we are on top of your list of hotels in London. I could not help but to notice, anyway, your slight disappointment about the twin beds. I am with you that it is not the best experience to find yourself sharing a bed where you asked instead way in advance to have a different setting. Let me personally apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused to you and your family members. We are working on that and a project has been issued to increase the number of twin beds in our rooms in order not to have similar situations again. You have my personal assurance! I hope to see you soon and welcome you and your family again in your new hotel in London. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We got a room at the Lower ground - I was a little worried when we took the lift downstairs, but the room was very nice and we were able to open the windows even if they were a little bit below the pavement :-)

Really comfortable beds and good linen. Sparkling and still water in the fridge. iPod dock and good wifi-connection. The staff was really nice and the building is really beautiful. REALLY nice breakfast buffet ... maybe a little expensive for 15 pounds ... but you don't have to eat until dinner :-)

A few minutes walk to the underground station Bethnal green. The neighbourhood is not so nice - but, we had a nice walk along the canal and in the Victoria park close by.

To go there from Paddington station (Heathrow Express): WALK for a few minutes to the Lancaster Gate, and the Central line goes directly to Bethnal Green. (I really don't like having to change lines with the luggage ...)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tripg

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the building and our amenities and I am delighted with your description of the Lower Ground suites. I am with you that sometimes hearing the term “lower ground” you tend to feel like allocated in a second class accomodation. It is a matter of fact, instead, that they are the most spacious and quite room of the building. It is nice to read that you found your own way to our hotel, one of the multiple options we have to arrive here. We hope to see you soon for another nice experience. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Well located with just a short walk to the nearest tube stop, Bethnal Green, we loved the Town Hall Hotel. We randomly found it on Hotwire and decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed! We were allocated a room on the lower ground floor near to the swimming pool. The room was spotless and contained loads of extras such as a kitchen, washing machine and tumble dryer, fridge, iron &iPod Dock! The bathroom was very modern and a wall of glass separated it from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and the linen was crisp and clean. The fridge had complimentary sparkling and still water in it and the kitchen was fully equipped with pots, pans and cutlery. We were absolutely delighted with the room. The pool was small, but we never saw anyone in it, so when we went in we had it all to ourselves! Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We had an executive suite which was well worth having.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for your nice words left on Tripadvisor that once again point on our Lower Ground rooms as nice, comfortable and spacious. I am glad to hear about a thoroughly good experience from the amenities to the linens. Rest assured we will always take care of our guest and deliver a our best service even in the smallest details. We are looking forward to welome you again. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole