“Another comfortable weekend break in a lovely hotel”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #215 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am not a great fan of hotels but the Town Hall is so much more than an "ordinary" London Hotel.
Very well equipped kitchen areas in the rooms should you wish to arrange your own breakfast, bright and clean decor, stylish fittings and very friendly staff.
If you want to travel to central London the Central Line is only a few mins walk away, but there are interesting places within walking distance.
Hop on the tube for a few minutes to Stratford and walk round the Olympic park - a real bonus to the area.
Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear guest, I am delighted to hear of your experience and your words that "THH is much more than a ordinary hotel" is absolutely true and I am immensely grateful that you shared this on TripAdvisor. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and please do not forget to notify me of your arrival and in the meantime if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire.com so had no idea what it was until it was booked. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. Some people might find the area not very nice but I loved it, felt real and local, no chain restaurants or bars that you see EVERYWHERE! It's only a 5 minute walk from the central underground line which pretty much takes you everywhere and stops at a lot of the main train stations.

The room was lovely, HUGE and modern. Simple things like 2 pillows on each side of the bed, sparkling water in the fridge and complimentary fresh milk so you don't have to use horrible UHT really add to the experience.

We went to the Peg + Patriot cocktail bar and had some deliciously unusual cocktails. The staff were really friendly in the bar and the music was great.

If you want to get out of 'tourist' London and stay in a really nice hotel that is modern and slightly unusual then STAY HERE! I will be back next time I take a trip to London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, it is great to know that you enjoyed you stay with and thank you for sharing your experience on our TripAdvisor page. I do agree with your comment of the hotel location which has and gives the felling of real London life with unique places to eat and drink with many of them still providing hand-made delicious food and local brewed beer. I am please to read that you found it easy to travel easily from the hotel and that you found our suite to be large and that you liked the P&P Bar. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly on this email. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Town Hall Hotel last weekend and as ever, it was ever so delightful! The hotel is centrally located and easily accessible to most parts of central london. The room is very spacious, kitchen well kept with every possible utensil one could wish for, the bathroom is just splendid. Also, the staff are lovely, and made everything possible for one to have a wonderful experience staying with them. I also visited the Peg & Patriot bar the three nights I was there; the bartenders, again, lovely! I ordered the bar meal of mini burgers with caviar, which by the way is a must try! I highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely visit again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest, I am delighted to read your comments and very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for also mentioning our newly refurbished Peg & Patriot bar, with its unique concept that compliments the hotel with its creativity and uniqueness of in-house spirits and cocktails. I am please to read that upon your return the level of service have been correctly maintained and that you found the area convenient to travel from. Thank you so much again and I hope to welcome you back soon for another pleasant stay with us. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the Town Hall hotel, everything about it appeals to me. It's a design hotel, with contemporary and conceptual artwork installed in various parts of the building. I love the music that plays in the background, it certainly adds to the ambience. If you dig further, you'll find out that it's been used as a film location for many productions ie: Brideshead Revisited, Atonement, Poirot etc. The week before I stayed, Ellie Goulding did a photo shoot there, oh how the other half live! The main thing I like about this place, is the friendly staff. They are so helpful, and I won't forget the head concierge Andrea Massari who let me use his own laptop so I could check my emails.
Luxurious and with a homely touch, you can help yourself to pints of milk in the fridge in the lobby. My apartment was very clean, stylish and comfortable and the perfect place to unwind after being out all day. Also, the buffet breakfast is very nice, with a wide selection to choose from.
I would disagree with anyone who believes Bethnal Green is 'a rough part of town'. The people are lovely, and are very approachable. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the tube station and conveniently close to Cosmo internet cafe on Roman Rd. Would I stay at Town Hall hotel again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest, thank you for this great review on TripAdvisor. Your thorough comments and descriptions of the hotel and its past, fully capture the pure essence of the THH. The arts, cinematographic history, music and various ambient, as well as design and vintage pieces displayed throughout the hotel, have been created so to preserve and bring alive the trends of the previous century, mixed together in great style. It always bring us joy when our guests are able to identify the THH creation and their appreciation is what makes us proud of it. So many thanks for this.... Kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I arrived at this "luxury" hotel from Heathrow owing the taxi 110 GBP, I didn't have enough, they don't have a cash machine, nor do they do exchange, so they sent me "up the road, just a few minutes" for another 10 GBP for the taxi.

Upon arriving after paying the car, there was no bellhop. I am handicapped, I was alone, and had 2 suticases. This is the WORST part of London, so I was not about to leave my bags outside while trying to get help. I had already been inside once, so they knew I was there, but offered no assistance. Thankfully another cab was waiting on people and he helped me up the steps.

Once inside they wanted to put me on the first floor in one of the busiest parts of the hotel. Thankfully, they did move me to floor 1 after waiting 30 minutes for them to figure it out. This hotel is VERY noisy, people, doors, TVs, restaurants, you name it, you hear it.

The bathroom floods when taking a shower, the tv is constantly "refreshing", the room service people were lovely, but they never brought utensils, bottle openers, etc.

I am absolutlely appaled that this hotel is considered "luxury". As a handicapped person, there are certain things that I need, like help with stairs, that I expect for "luxury" accomodations. I will NEVER return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank missmadams
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, we do always try our best to satisfy our guests needs. I must admit, I was disappointed to read of this unsatisfactory behaviour of my FO team. Following my investigation however, I found that your comments intent are to giving an incorrect impression of my colleagues at FO, as being inconsiderate of any guest request or needs. I simply know that this is not the case. I wish to share that no indication of disability was ever notified to us through your reservation or otherwise. If we had known of your arrival we would have been more than happy to be there waiting for you. It must be clarified that we never advertise to have a door person or cash machine at the hotel, still we do help all our guests with their luggage and direct them to the nearest cash machine. I have been reported that you entered the hotel irritated by cost of your taxi from Heathrow, yet it had not be organised by us, still you thought it was ok to take your frustration out on our FO staff by using offensive language at them. In addition, the taxi driver that helped you up the stairs works for the taxi company we employ for our guests. When you were offered help, to be escorted to your suite, you abruptly refused and decided to walk all the way up the staircase, with your luggage instead of using the lift. On the way to the suite our restaurant staff offered again to help you, once again it was refused. Yes, it would have been ideal to have met all your expectations and I am confident, if we only had been given the chance we would have just done that. For you to want to downgrade our services, the hotel location and all the other negative comments that you gave us, is unjust and inappropriate. Thank you, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 28 June 2014

just came back from london. was initially apprehensive about staying at the town hall because it seemed far off, but based on pictures and reviews on here, and the price compared to other far inferior looking places in town, decided to go for it.

it did not disappoint. first of all the room is huge for european standards. ours had a fully functioning kitchen and even a washer dryer which was great for a weeks stay. the whole is also painfully Mad Men stylish. the pool is the prettiest i've seen in any city. service very nice and accomodating no complaints.

if you are not too scared of being off the beaten path, try this hotel out. worth the shot.

Room Tip: we had noise from the street so maybe an inward facing room? not sure if they have those though.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you so much for giving us your time to write this great note of your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the suite and that you found it convenient to travel from the hotel. I do hope your review will encourage all those other potential guest to win over their perception that the THH is somehow too far from the main London attractions, which is not the case. It is also nice to know that you appreciated the refurbishment of the building and that you loved all the facilities the hotel has to offer. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon and should I be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We spent 4 nights with our 5 year old son in June and had an impeccable stay. The hotel is a bit off the main attractions but only 5 minutes away from subway station on the central line. Once inside, you do no want to go out.... The rooms are huge for London standards, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are super modern with l"occitane toiletries. Complimentary sparkling water is a definite perk. The Corner room is a good onsite restaurant with reasonable prices, but we had most of our breakfasts in the room thanks to our fully equipped kitchen and grocery store by the subway station.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience on our TripAdvisor page. It is great to hear of your fantastic stay at the hotel and I am delighted to know that you found the hotel to be specious and the amenities and appliances that allow you to enjoy your breakfast in the room. I hope you will be visiting us again soon and should require any assistance from us, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole