“Very nice comfortable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #144 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Very nice comfortable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel since we were attending an event in the York Hall, which is just on the other site of the hotel.

The hotel has a very unique style which we found very refreshing. Upon arrival we were offered an complimentary upgrade, which really just made our stay even better.

Service was really nice and efficient. All our request were taken care of immediately. Especially our request to block out the sun completely in the morning has been taking care of, eventhough it turned out to be a little bit tricky (Thank you Ignatio).

The restaurant "corner room" has great food, especially if you like to try something a bit different than the usual fish and chips. Although the portions were rather small at first, we both were full at the end of the meal (probably also because they served such nice bread with the meal)

Overall it was a great experience for us and we thank the Hotel to make this 5 day visit to London what it was. Cheers, Roman

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roman H
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear guest, it has been a great pleasure to have you staying with us and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated our suite upgrade and that you found our staff to be efficient and helpful at any time. it is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the visit at our Corner Room Restaurant. I hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have just spent 5 nights here. We had a one bed roomed apartment and it was absolutely superb. It had every amenity including washer/ dryer so that you could be self contained or use the wonderful facilities. The rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and there is always someone on hand to answer any queries you may have. The friendly demeanour of the staff at all levels makes you feel like you are a guest in a friends large country house. The Art Deco interiors are impressive. Do not be put off the fact that this is a little out of central London but it is only 1 stop from Liverpool st on the central line and a 5 minute leisurely stroll to the hotel from Bethnal Green station. The area is safe and funky . This hotel every accolade gets and the negative comments on here must be written by people who do not enjoy the finer things in life. We will highly recommend this hotel to friends and people we meet on our travels. In fact we are returning for another weeks stay in August before returning to New Zealand. I can't wait!. Cheers
Kevin Wensor

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, thank you for this pleasant review on TripAdvisor. All your comments and descriptions of the hotel, fully capture the essence of the THH and its service. Thank you for your note of encouragement on the location and for mentioning how easy it is from here to get to the most central parts of London. I am glad that you found the area to your likes and I cannot agree more with your comments. It is of course our honour to have you back in August for another great experience and I look forward to your return. Should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to ask for me at our reception on your return. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the best appointment hotel in London. Facilities are great and staffs are the best. Location is not the best but it is close enough to the underground and buses. The best about the hotel is that rooms are spacious and have high ceiling. We stayed in one-bedroom appointment with leaving room and nice kitchen with all amenities including dishwasher, washing machine, oven, microwave oven, espresso machine etc. They also provide bottle water and milk for free.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I am delighted to hear that THH has become your favour hotel in London and it is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to know that you appreciated the facilities, appliances included in the suite and my colleagues being the best service staff encountered so far. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am not a great fan of hotels but the Town Hall is so much more than an "ordinary" London Hotel.
Very well equipped kitchen areas in the rooms should you wish to arrange your own breakfast, bright and clean decor, stylish fittings and very friendly staff.
If you want to travel to central London the Central Line is only a few mins walk away, but there are interesting places within walking distance.
Hop on the tube for a few minutes to Stratford and walk round the Olympic park - a real bonus to the area.
Looking forward to my next visit!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear guest, I am delighted to hear of your experience and your words that "THH is much more than a ordinary hotel" is absolutely true and I am immensely grateful that you shared this on TripAdvisor. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and please do not forget to notify me of your arrival and in the meantime if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel through hotwire.com so had no idea what it was until it was booked. I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. Some people might find the area not very nice but I loved it, felt real and local, no chain restaurants or bars that you see EVERYWHERE! It's only a 5 minute walk from the central underground line which pretty much takes you everywhere and stops at a lot of the main train stations.

The room was lovely, HUGE and modern. Simple things like 2 pillows on each side of the bed, sparkling water in the fridge and complimentary fresh milk so you don't have to use horrible UHT really add to the experience.

We went to the Peg + Patriot cocktail bar and had some deliciously unusual cocktails. The staff were really friendly in the bar and the music was great.

If you want to get out of 'tourist' London and stay in a really nice hotel that is modern and slightly unusual then STAY HERE! I will be back next time I take a trip to London.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, it is great to know that you enjoyed you stay with and thank you for sharing your experience on our TripAdvisor page. I do agree with your comment of the hotel location which has and gives the felling of real London life with unique places to eat and drink with many of them still providing hand-made delicious food and local brewed beer. I am please to read that you found it easy to travel easily from the hotel and that you found our suite to be large and that you liked the P&P Bar. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly on this email. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Town Hall Hotel last weekend and as ever, it was ever so delightful! The hotel is centrally located and easily accessible to most parts of central london. The room is very spacious, kitchen well kept with every possible utensil one could wish for, the bathroom is just splendid. Also, the staff are lovely, and made everything possible for one to have a wonderful experience staying with them. I also visited the Peg & Patriot bar the three nights I was there; the bartenders, again, lovely! I ordered the bar meal of mini burgers with caviar, which by the way is a must try! I highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely visit again!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest, I am delighted to read your comments and very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for also mentioning our newly refurbished Peg & Patriot bar, with its unique concept that compliments the hotel with its creativity and uniqueness of in-house spirits and cocktails. I am please to read that upon your return the level of service have been correctly maintained and that you found the area convenient to travel from. Thank you so much again and I hope to welcome you back soon for another pleasant stay with us. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the Town Hall hotel, everything about it appeals to me. It's a design hotel, with contemporary and conceptual artwork installed in various parts of the building. I love the music that plays in the background, it certainly adds to the ambience. If you dig further, you'll find out that it's been used as a film location for many productions ie: Brideshead Revisited, Atonement, Poirot etc. The week before I stayed, Ellie Goulding did a photo shoot there, oh how the other half live! The main thing I like about this place, is the friendly staff. They are so helpful, and I won't forget the head concierge Andrea Massari who let me use his own laptop so I could check my emails.
Luxurious and with a homely touch, you can help yourself to pints of milk in the fridge in the lobby. My apartment was very clean, stylish and comfortable and the perfect place to unwind after being out all day. Also, the buffet breakfast is very nice, with a wide selection to choose from.
I would disagree with anyone who believes Bethnal Green is 'a rough part of town'. The people are lovely, and are very approachable. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the tube station and conveniently close to Cosmo internet cafe on Roman Rd. Would I stay at Town Hall hotel again? Absolutely!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, thank you for this great review on TripAdvisor. Your thorough comments and descriptions of the hotel and its past, fully capture the pure essence of the THH. The arts, cinematographic history, music and various ambient, as well as design and vintage pieces displayed throughout the hotel, have been created so to preserve and bring alive the trends of the previous century, mixed together in great style. It always bring us joy when our guests are able to identify the THH creation and their appreciation is what makes us proud of it. So many thanks for this.... Kind regards, Sandro Desole