“The Apartments are Fantastic !”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #194 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel and being we were staying for 5 nights we opted for a one bedroom apartment. It was beautiful, fully equipped including a dish washer and clothes washer/dryer. There are plenty of shops nearby for food, fruits and veg and the flat came with an amazing coffee maker and free coffee, plus the hotel provides free pints of milk and bottled water.
We also found a few great restaurants, Italina and Stan's Whiskers just down the road.

The pool is wonderful and the gym is fine and the staff are happy to please. It is located in the East a few blocks from the Tube and there's a Minicab office just down the street. For business in the West End it may be inconvenient but for those in the know, it's quite close to Shoreditch, Brick Lane and other cool East End areas.

Room Tip: If you can, book an apartment
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your review left on our TripAdvisor page. It has been a great pleasure to have returning guests staying with us again and glad to know that you enjoyed the suites and all that comes included in the rate. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our facilities too and that the staff was always there to assist you with every request you may had. I hope to see you soon at THH for another positive experience and should you require further assistance from me please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed multiple times at the Town Hall and it's just fantastic. I usually reserve reviews until a few times at a hotel to gauge it's services and accommodations. This place simply does not disappoint. For those of you who forego the W Postal Codes, you should most definitely give Town Hall a look. The location is just perfect as it's just up the road from the tube, easy walk to Shoreditch and if you're a walker like me, you can make it to Bermondsey and Southwark in less than a hour on foot. The hotel is a perfect combination of refinement, design and luxury. The historical context of the building is fantastic. The rooms are incredibly spacious and have all the mod cons and anything you may have forgotten they will be more than happy to provide. This is definitely my go-to hotel when in London! It should become yours as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gensnimica
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for your flattering words and I am pleased to hear that we pass the test on accommodation and service, to gain the title of "Absolutely Superb". It is nice, after so much scrutiny to know that we did not disappoint you and that you now consider THH as your home whenever visiting London. What is important to us is that every guest leaves with a feeling of have made the right choice and I am delighted to hear that this has been the case with your stays. It is obvious that I will be seeing you soon at the hotel for another great experience and should I be of further assistance please do contact me directly, and I will be more than happy to assist. Many thanks for your review and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We recently stayed for three nights in an executive one bedroom suite, and it was worth every penny.

Upon arrival late at night after a long journey we were greeted warmly by the exceptional concierge staff. We were offered a chilled glass of water while we checked in, and as a birthday gift to my girlfriend, our booking was upgraded to include breakfast, which was a lovely surprise.

We were already smiling before we even saw our room, which was beautiful. Remarkably spacious living room with open plan kitchen big enough to do cartwheels and handstands in! (we did).

The bedroom and bathroom were perfectly decorated in a simple elegant style. The window from the bedroom to the bathroom also gave and interesting quirky feel to it (fear not, there is a curtain that can be pulled across to ensure privacy).

The bed was extremely comfortable, and we both slept really well every night. We were very grateful for the excellent air conditioning, as we stayed in one of the hottest weeks of July.

The entire hotel has a perfect mix of modern style and vintage flair. I've stayed at other hotels before which have tried to retain a vintage feel, but often just seem stuffy and old. The Town Hall is definitely neither.

All staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious, and we had plenty of time to enjoy it, even after a morning swim.

The Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Bethnall Green tube station, from which you can ride the Central Line to all the touristy places easily. I'd recommend exploring the local area too, we walked to Brick Lane in about 30 minutes, passing lots of cool bars and restaurants.

The Town Hall Hotel is definitely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I'd recommend it to anyone, and hope to return soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 207, an executive single bedroom suite. We didn't see any other rooms to compa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sleepy_Dave_Unit_001

Dear Guest, thank you so much for this fantastic review and I am delighted to hear that thoroughly enjoyed you stay with us. We are honoured to being selected to celebrate an occasion like yours and very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation. It is great to know that the THH has become your favour hotel in London and that you appreciated our gesture of goodwill. It is nice to know that you made use of our facilities and thank you for mentioning how easy it is to travel to central London. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights for my birthday recently. Absolutely love this hotel! Arrived late Thursday eve and the Town Hall Hotel felt special right from the start: friendly attentive staff, grand entrance and staircase, music that transports you back to a time of elegance and sophistication.
We had a very spacious suite with a kitchen area and plenty of space for two yoga mats on the floor to practice (although we discovered Yoga Place studio just a few minutes walk from the hotel, which was a bonus). The hotel is very close to Bethnal Green underground station (access to Central Line) and there's a Sainsbury's Local opposite the tube station to stock up if needed.

We had breakfast in the unique hotel dining area and the food was delicious. Only recommendation would be to offer tea and coffee pots, to avoid getting up for refills throughout breakfast. Oh and it's hit and miss if there's tomato ketchup available!

Our room was cleaned daily and complementary water replenished. I went for a daily swim in the pool and there were extra towels provided in the changing rooms. Little details that add up to making the stay a real treat.

We will definitely return soon to enjoy the ambience and quality of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest, thank you very much for the time given to write this great review of your experience on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the suite and that you found it convenient to travel from the hotel. Your review is certainly an encouragement over the pre-conception that many guests have on the hotel location. It is also nice to know that you appreciated the grandeur of this magnificent building and its refurbishment and you suggestion on the breakfast are very much welcomed. I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel soon and should I be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This amazing hotel has been converted from the Council's Town Hall. It combines the history of the building with very modern accents. Everything from the old building has been utilised. The parquet floors are magnificent. The hotel boasts the biggest suite in London, but it also demands the highest rate of £8,500 per night. Is big enough to hold a wedding in. There were 4 weddings taking place in different parts of the hotel over the weekend I visited. Concierge staff are fantastically helpful and friendly as are reception staff. The restaurants in the hotel are privately owned businesses so separate reviews will be provided. Look out for The Typing Room and The Corner Room reviews.

The hotel has it's quirky side with all sorts of unique and interesting artefacts around. Do try and find Cornelius the Bear and Morrissey Moose. The Town Hall Hotel is not designed for children, but great for an adults only stay. Accommodation ranges from designer bedrooms to suites complete with kitchen unit inc fridge, dishwasher, microwave, hob, coffee machine; there is also a washing machine, iron, hairdryer and safe. Complimentary water is replenished each day. A wonderful, comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Upside at weekends is free street parking after 5:30 on Fridays, otherwise parking is some distance away. Very close to a Tube Station.

Room Tip: Visitors withy mobility difficulties may want to request a bedroom and bathroom on the same floor le...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, it is great to hear your enthusiasm in describing the hotel and I cannot agree more with your comments. When our guests express their appreciation to what the THH is about detailing its vintage and modern touches fused together, along with artworks scattered in our corridors, really gives us a great feeling of achievement. Thank you for sharing your experience in the way you did on our TripAdvisor page and also for doing one for our Typing Room Restaurant and Corner Room. I look forward to see you back at the hotel in the near future and in the meantime should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy t assist you. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Absolutely first class stay in every way, we visited for a friends wedding which was held on site, our room was lovely, the ceremony had a unique feel and the meal at the reception was great as was a brief detour to one of the bars in the hotel. If needed to be in that part of time I would stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, Thank you for your review left on our TripAdvisor page. It is indeed a great pleasure to have you staying with us and glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to THH. I am glad to hear that every and each part of our operations meet your expectations and that you felt the hotel to be unique. I hope to see you soon at THH for another positive experience and should you require further assistance from me please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the hotel since we were attending an event in the York Hall, which is just on the other site of the hotel.

The hotel has a very unique style which we found very refreshing. Upon arrival we were offered an complimentary upgrade, which really just made our stay even better.

Service was really nice and efficient. All our request were taken care of immediately. Especially our request to block out the sun completely in the morning has been taking care of, eventhough it turned out to be a little bit tricky (Thank you Ignatio).

The restaurant "corner room" has great food, especially if you like to try something a bit different than the usual fish and chips. Although the portions were rather small at first, we both were full at the end of the meal (probably also because they served such nice bread with the meal)

Overall it was a great experience for us and we thank the Hotel to make this 5 day visit to London what it was. Cheers, Roman

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roman H

Dear guest, it has been a great pleasure to have you staying with us and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I am delighted to hear that you appreciated our suite upgrade and that you found our staff to be efficient and helpful at any time. it is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the visit at our Corner Room Restaurant. I hope to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future and should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole