“A fantastic experience in a stunning space. I wholeheartedly recommend it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #145 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“A fantastic experience in a stunning space. I wholeheartedly recommend it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

I stayed in the De Montfort Suite as a special treat for a milestone birthday. The experience surpassed my expectations. The room is so beautifully designed, with every comfort. The Hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. We enjoyed a peaceful swim in the pool and had a delicious breakfast in the morning. All in all an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is excellent to hear your positive feedback following on from your stay with us in the De Montfort Suite. All of your comments have been shared with the team here and we all would be delighted to welcome you back in the future. Should you require any assistance in making these arrangements please feel free to contact us directly and we will be happy to assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed at the Town Hall Hotel last week and was absolutely floored by the hotel. I travel to London extensively for business and have probably stayed in about 8 other hotels in the city. I can honestly stay that I will stick it to this hotel from now on.

The check in / general service was extremely good, and I was walked to my room and given a tour of the premises upon arrival. I booked an executive suite which was enourmous, with a great modern design scheme. They had all the little extras I could ask for: expresso machine, washer/dryer en-suite, waterfall shower, nice toiletries and the bed was quite comfortable.

I was also thought the bar was fantastic. The receptionist gave me two passes for free cocktails upon arrival. The house free house cocktails were quite good, the additional cocktails were very unique and equally excellent, and the bartenders were sociable.

My only disclaimer is that the location is nice but not for everyone. Bethnal Green is a hip area with great culture and interesting pockets mixed with a safe working class environ, but it is a bit off the tourist path. With that said, the area is very interesting if you want to get away from the busy core of the city and is central to City, Brick Lane, Shoreditch, Hoxton, and Columbia road.

Would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for your time to share such a positive review with us on Trip Advisor. All of your comments have been shared with the team and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to stay with us again very soon. Should you require any assistance in making these plans, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help! Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

From the moment we were greeted as we were entering the hotel, my daughter and I knew that we were going to have a great experience at The Town Hall Hotel. Everyone was helpful and friendly from recommending places to get all the things Megan needed to equip herself to to study at Queen Mary University this semester to restaurant reservations and more. The room was very well equipped and comfortable with excellent amenities. Two small complaints about the room--the shower curtain should be on the bathroom side, not the bedroom, and no electrical outlet in the bathroom for hair appliances was inconvenient. The breakfast room was lovely and the service good, but the price seemed rather high for a simple Continental breakfast. We had dinner at Viajante--the food and service were excellent. All in all, we had a great experience there and will return when we visit our daughter in March!

• Stayed January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2011
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following on from your recent stay at Town Hall. It is always a pleasure hearing positive comments shared on here. We look forward to welcoming you back in March and if you require any assistance with making the arrangements, please let us know directly and we will be happy to allocate you to a room with a more private bathroom. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

The hotel was minutes from the train station. When we arrived a nice guy by the name of Mohamed helped my husband and I. He showed us where to go and how to get there. The room itself was great. It was an apartment fully stocked with dishes, gourmet coffee, milk for tea, even washer and dryer. The decor was nicely done and the bed was very comfortable. The amenities were very nice. The gym is very modern with the latest equiptment and the pool was a nice touch. Andrea was the other guy at the reception desk. He too was very helpful. All in all the staff as a whole was friendly . The hotel itself was amazing. We will definitely go back and I highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed December 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest, Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share thee positive comments on Trip Advisor. I will ensure that they are shared with all the team here (including Andrea!) and we do hope that we are able to welcome you back soon. If you require any assistance in making these arrangements then please let us knwo directly and we will be happy to assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

This is my second stay at The Town Hall Hotel and it most certainly won't be the last.
Everything about it is wonderful, from the friendly welcoming staff to the beautiful, spacious well equipped rooms. We stayed in an executive studio this time and it was fabulous. I have stayed in many hotels in London and this has to be my favourite. The bathroom had a huge tub and lovely complimentary toiletries, robes and decent sized towels. The coffee machine was super with real milk in the fridge rather than those horrible little UHT pods one usually gets.
My only gripe was that I emailed a day before to book a table at the restaurant but did not get a response and on arrival found it was fully booked. I understand that the restaurant is very popular so i suspect the chances of reserving a table a day before were slim but never-the-less a response would have been nice. Next time i shall book the restaurant well in advance.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants a luxurious, friendly hotel close to the city centre. Its just a short walk from Bethnal Green underground. Car parking wasn't a problem as i found a website which advertises safe car parking spaces at peoples houses so I parked just a 2 minute walk from the hotel at less than £10 for the day! Affordable, convenient luxury - bliss!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank purple-amethyst
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It is superb to hear that you have stayed with us twice and enjoyed your stay both times; we hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon and would be happy to assist in making the arrangements directly. I am sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response to your email about booking in Viajante and will highlight this to the Viajante team; please note that the direct email of our restaurant is via-reservations@townhallhotel.com or telephone number 020 7871 0461. Should we be able to assist in any other way, please let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We loved this hotel. We are lucky in that we knew the location well so knew where to go. From the moment we arrived the staff were fantastic - all of them. We've stayed in top hotels all over the world but it was a lovely break. We'd been due to fly to NY for Christmas but the snow cancelled that and it was therefore a last minute booking - my husband and I and 3 of my girls (14,16,19). It is so stylish but still retains the charm and grandeur and the apartment/hotels worked brilliantly. The only slight thing to let it down was the breakfast - the food was superb but it was help yourself, and at £20 a head too expensive to be deemed worth it. However, we understand this may be changed after Christmas so perhaps worth a try. Unfortunately the restaurant was booked/closed during our stay (which we extended it was so good) but we will definitely go back. If the cocktails were anything to go by, the food will be wonderful. Swimming pool, toiletries, and relatively close proximity to Shoreditch, Hoxton, Brick Lane, etc makes it an ideal place to explore the trendy parts of East London without being somewhere you'll be disturbed by late night noise. Fabulous and well done, and just for any sceptics - we have nothing to do with the hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2011
Dear Guests, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following on from your recent stay with us. It was great to hear the positive title and comments in your review; these will all be shared with the team here. I noticed your comments also about breakfast and wanted to let you know that both breakfast has now moved to a new room and that your feedback on the offering has been highlighted to our General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Town Hall soon and if you require any assistance in arranging a return visit, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Arrrived New Years Eve to the gorgeous building and received a very warm welcome. They explained about the hotel facilities and how to get to them. We wandered to our room and were blown away by the facilities and layout of the wonderful room. We had booked via Last Minute.com and paid £160 for a £300+ room. It had full kitchen, utensils, complemenary bottled water, milk, stunning coffee machine and everything we might have wanted. The bathroom was huge, totally clean and beautiful. The Bedroom was raised from the main floor, accessible by stairs. Great bed, TV and lots of storage space. An Ipod dock and alarm clock too. In the main room was a large flat screen TV, sofa, writing desk, more storage, iron, tables and various brochures filled with useful information.

We unpacked, put the champagne in the fridge and went for a swim in the hotel pool. The gym was next to the pool, totally state of the art equipment and plenty off it. The pool was lovely, if a little cold for my wifes tastes, but I am not a fan of overly warm pools, so I was happy.

Later we hit the cocktail bar and enjoyed a couple (well, 6) of great bespoke cocktails. The bar was too dark and the music too loud, but some people like that, so I would not count it as a negative. We didn't eat there, as we had plans, but the restaurant looked very smart.

We had a great nights sleep, the room was lovely and warm, but had temp controls, so we could have changed it easily enough if required. We checked out quite early due to plans, which took a second and the staff were charming through out.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Try and get a deal online, because it is new, some deals are there to be had. It was a stunning deal for the money and I would have loved to stay another night.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Dear Guest, Just a quick line to say a big thank you for sharing your feedback with us via Trip Advisor. It was great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and all of your comments will be shared with the team at Town Hall. If we can assist you in making a repeat booking, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will be happy to assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood