“Disappointing and Terrible Location”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #181 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We were hesitant to stay at this hotel due to the location but given the rave reviews on this site we decided to give it a try. Overall, we were unfortunately disappointed. There wasn't any one major problem that I could highlight, just a series of small issues that were all compounded by the terrible location.

For example, I put blazer in for dry cleaning and was told that it would be ready the next afternoon. The following afternoon housekeeping came by and said they had forgotten about the blazer (it had been left behind a chair???) so it wasn't dry cleaned but they steamed it and gave me a 2 pound discount on the charge. I let reception know that I was unhappy as I needed the blazer that night and the man assured me that he would resolve it and I shouldn't be charged for it. He didn't get back to me. When checking out the 'dry cleaning' was on our bill. It wasn't the cost as it was minimal but the lack of customer service that annoyed me. It is not what you would expect from a five star hotel.

We stayed in an apartment and it was large, although not the best design. The lounge area was quite large (with an uncomfortable couch) but to the detriment of the bathroom and bedroom, which felt quite cramped. Note that there isn't much privacy between the bed and bathrooms. It wasn't a problem for us but I imagine it would be for some couples/friends.

In summary, if you are a tourist in London looking to spend time seeing the attractions then, regardless of whether the hotel is fantastic or not (it isn't memorable), this is not the location for you. We previously stayed in the West End area and found it much more vibrant and within walking distance to all attractions.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTravel91
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to share your feedback with Trip Advisor after your stay at Town Hall in Feb.
Following your feedback, I can confirm that the the laundry expense have been refunded and credited to your credit card. I apologies for all the inconvenient caused and I hope you would reconsider to stay with us. I can ensure you that we do really care about our client comments and want all our client to leave with a memorable experience. I hope, you will not let this isolated incident to deter you from visit us again in the future and that you will be impressed by the positive costumer service.
Kind regards,
Sandro Desole
(Directo of Operations).

Reviewed 20 February 2011

This hotel is trying to be a W hotel. The room was large and the bed was one of the best we have ever had in a hotel. The bar was nice and the restaurant gets great reviews. However the room arrangement needs help. The bathroom has a glass wall and everything that goes on in there can be seen from the main room. The bathtub is outside of the bathroom on the opposite side of the glass wall. If have have a guest use the bathroom, make sure you stay at the other end of the bedroom or will know more than you want to. The shower floor is at the same level as the bathroom floor and it takes a few showers to figure out how not to flood the entire room when opening the shower door. This may be an up and coming area but it hasn't come yet. Stay closer to the main London area.

• Stayed: February 2011
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following on from your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments.
Although your feedback is quite positive, I could not help to notice that our apartment concept did not match your criteria. We appreciated and welcomed your comments and I can confirm that they have already been shared between all the relevant departments.

I hope this experience will not deter you from using our hotel facilities in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you require any further assistance

Many thanks and kind regards,
Sandro Desole

Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed here for 4 weeks for a business trip and absolutely loved it. The staff is attentive and the rooms are wonderful - they literally have just about everything you can think of including an American outlet if you forget your converter, heated towel racks, etc. The restaurant (Viajante) is the best meal I've ever had hands down but it was relatively expensive as was the room service. Additionally, it's a 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station and a 15-20 minute ride to Central London.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor. We are pleaed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope that we will be able to accommodate you again in the near future. Should you require any help in making arrangements for a return visit, please feel free to let us know directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend over New Years. We had a fantastic stay. The designers of the hotel have done an incredible job renovating the building. They've shown incredible respect for the many exquisite original details and added original features that turn your stay into a real experience. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful throughout. At first I was a little concerned about being away from the centre of town but this is an excellent spot to discover East London which is as interesting and vibrant as the hotel itself.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Town Hall with us via Trip Advisor. It's alwys great reading reviews with such a positive title! I have shared your comments with the team here and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon. If you require any help at all making a repeat booking, please feel free to contact us directly and we will make the arrangements for you. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed 4 February 2011

I loved the quirkiness of this hotel - it felt very individual and not part of a hotel chain. Apartment was spacious and unbelievably clean with everything you could possibly wish for in the kitchen. Staff were so helpful and friendly. This felt like a 5 star experience. I was happy with location as v easy to get into central london and enjoyed not staying in the centre.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank arransue

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback with us on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with the team and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon. If you do wish to make a repeat booking, please feel free to contact us directly and we will be happy to make the arrangements for you. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed 1 February 2011

just stay two nights at town hall hotel that i recommend ...everything was perfect and specially thanks to andréa the concierge ...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I will let Andrea and the rest of the team know your comments. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed 30 January 2011

This London hotel starts impressing you already at entrance. Let alone the architectural accomplishment of combining the old with the new, the staff at this exquisite place makes you feel welcome the moment you enter. Throughout our entire weekend stay, we found the service more than excellent, making it an exceptional experience. The (apartment) rooms are strikingly well-designed, spacious and offer great comfort. The in-house bar is more than enjoyable (as allegedly must be the restaurant) and the location is fantastic to explore London's East End, Hoxton, and Shoreditch, while public transport makes quick access to London centre more than easy. Overall, this high-quality hotel convinces in all possible ways and we would not only recommend to come here, but we certainly will also come back.

• Stayed: January 2011
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for the great feedback and review of Town Hall. I have shared it with all of the team this morning and we do hope that we can welcome you back to stay with us again soon!! Should you have any special requirements for a return visit then please let us know directly and we will assist. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood