“A great hotel with an excellent service!”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #360 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A very pleasant stay at Park Grand London Paddington!

On arrival I was slightly dissapointed by the room I had been provided with after the photo suggested different online during the booking process. However, after politely speaking with the hotel reception staff, they provided me with nothing short of exceptional service as they offered myself and my partner an upgrade free of charge with a complimentary bottle of wine. It was my partner's birthday so it was a special occassion and I was greatly appreciative of this service and offer!

Based on the service, food and all-round cleanliness of the hotel, I would strongly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

Thank you and we look forward to booking with you again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Sofia Gomes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a great 2 nights stay at this hotel. The junior suite was very comfortable and had a microwave and safe hidden from view in the room, the staff were excellent, we did not eat at any time in the hotel.

Room Tip: Try booking direct with hotel as we would have had breakfast included for the same price if we conta...

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Arrived at the Park Grand London after arriving at Paddington which is a 10 minute walk from the hotel, we checked in easy, gave a £20 disposit and then got told by the member of staff we had been upgraded free of charge!

Member of staff offered to take our bags on arrival and show us to our room, but I don't like to do this out of common courtesy which the member of staff seemed shocked by but was extremely pleasant!
The room was perfect, alot of hanging space, wet room kind of bathroom with two shower heds, one fixed and one movable! Complimentary toiletries and TV fixed into wall, beds were huge and extremely comfortable. Only thing negative about the room is that there wasn't any vanity mirrors with plugs next to them for hair appliances so had to do my hair run to the mirror, back and fourth.

Great location as there is paddington station plus Lancaster gate underground which both have different lines so access around London was very accessible and all within a ten minuet walk.

Staff were helpful when we phoned up and asked about where to go/what to do at night as London is such a vast area with many different night crowds and scenes. We informed them what we were looking for and they informed us of many options as well as the tube closing times and approx of a Taxi to these destinations.

Room was cleaned and tidied every day to a great standard, cleaner even lined up our own personal belongings.

Finished our two night stay and sad to leave the hotel and London, the next day I realized that I had left two jackets within the hotel wardrobe and I phoned the hotel straight after who let me send card details to them and they sent the items through and was received the next day!

Great hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights after a stay in the UK. Needed to be close to Paddington station for our train back to Heathrow. London is very expensive so I chose this hotel for location and price. Very helpful staff offered to help us with our bags. We received a ground floor room that was quite small. It was a basic room so we did expect small but this room also overlooked the staff entrance to the basement, and there was some noise that woke us at 3.30am. Just staff talking, and voices carry at night, but while it was annoying it wasn't too troublesome. The bathroom only has a shower, which was fine, but there was no shelving to place our stuff so I had to put things on the floor. The tiled floor was heated, which was great. We did not have the breakfast that was offered at £9 each. There are lots of places to eat or pick up snacks very close to the hotel. The tea service with cookies that was in the room was wonderful. All in all a neat comfortable hotel that we booked for price and location, so we probably got value for money. Though, next time I will go for the Hilton next to the station! I also might chose a hotel closer to the sights of central London because the subway/tube ride from Paddington to Charing Cross (very central) was often slow and crowded. I would recommend this hotel but given the huge choice in hotel rooms in the area I would suggest doing lots of research and you might get better value and more features. Ultimately in London you get what you pay for, and we realized that we hadn't picked a 5 star hotel. Comfortable, serviceable, clean and great location - so pretty good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The room was lovely very clean and the beds were comfy so you get a great nights sleep. We had the room with 2 double beds so before we arrived had our doubts about it being cramped but to our surprise the room was very spacious. We got breakfast in the morning which was lovely as there was a great selection to choose from. I went for the cooked breakfast and fruit and all the food was very fresh. My brother went for the pastries which looked so nice and apparently tasted just a nice as they looked. It was only a 5 minute walk away from Paddington tube station so was very easy to commute into the centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast provided.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Returning customer.Stayed in club room - worth the extra. Staff are outstanding, from offering an umbrella when it rained, to the friendliness at breakfast and reception, it makes such a difference and is rare to find these days.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My second stay here (I also use the sister hotel around the corner) and always a good experience. As an rewards club member I was automatically upgraded from a club room to suite. Suite may be a slightly over ambitious word for it, but it was large by London standards, although the shower room was quite small and nowhere to put my washbag other than on the floor. I would also love to see a bath in a suite!

However, the stay was really comfortable, the staff friendly and attentive, and the full breakfast the next morning was excellent. This was included in the room rate of only £140.

I would recommend joining the rewards club before booking - I'm a member anyway - because you get 10% off and the upgrade. I booked around 6 weeks in advance to secure the rate paid, which is excellent value for money in a lovely hotel only 5 mins walk to Paddington station.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided.