“Good value in a lovely square in central London”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #353 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here in business, very good value for central London. Queens Gardens is a beautiful square, very quiet a peaceful but close to several tube stations as well as Paddington Mainline.
Upgraded to a junior suite, not huge but very clean and comfortable. Small but good shower room and large walk in wardrobe.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel it's expensive and there are lots of little cafe's nearby.
Would stay here again and would recommend

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the square
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JRyan1955
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Sofia Gomes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,939)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed for business 2 nights at the hotel.
first i was given a basement room with no outdoor light ,one of the staff took me to it but i was quite worried as it was in the basement and it seems no one else was there .
When i realised there were no natural light i asked to change room. After 10 minutes i was given a room on 2nd floor. The receptionist asked me to wait in my room for the new key.

It took them 20 min to come to check the room and i had to go back at reception for a new key( the football was on...) . It was 2 am in the morning and i was starting to be very tired, to way for 20 min didn't help.
The new room given was ok, small with the view on the square.
Negative points: the only wall plugs were on the wall of the desk, to far to reach the bathroom to plug hair straightener or else . When having a shower you can have a bathroom flood as there is only one side with glass protector.

Extra bad surprise on the second day when i came back at midnight my room was open , the door was not closed properly . I called immediately reception, no one offered to come and check the room for me and i was told they will investigate..

Not a good stay for me overall

Room Tip: ask for no basement room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me at nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in detail for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Well first impressions were great as we got a room upgrade however we only chose the hotel due to its proximity to paddington station for catching the heathrow express. The room was a good size with all amenities expected. Breakfast was also great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesska92

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast provided.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My Husband and I stayed for 3 Days (2 Nights). The Rooms although small are more then acceptable. Automatically Air Conditioned, the Bathroom is to die for, very spacious and modern. The service from all departments are outstandingly good. Rates are reasonable and both of us would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara M

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this Hotel for 9 nights with my family. This was my second stay at the Hotel. Excellent stay as was the first time. Impeccable service. The Restaurant, Reception, Housekeeping, Bar and Bell desk staff outdid themselves. The service was proactive, prompt , personalized and of the highest standard. The management was obviously very professional. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are great. The extra space and the view are worth the premium.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank T_P_SINGH_UBEROI

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is situated within easy walking distance (five minutes) of Paddington railway station. Our room was spacious, had a mezzanine sleeping area and a mini kitchen equipped with a microwave oven, sink and fridge. There was a plentiful supply of coffee and tea bags, fresh fruit and delicious biscuits!
The bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean and tidy and the staff were extremely kind and helpful.
Our only complaint was that the bathroom was a bit small. Apart from this, a great stay. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

very friendly and helpful staff, great location and rates are favourable -by London standards! Front desk staff go out of there way to get you a room on early arrival.
Short distance from Hyde Park which makes it a great location for joggers.

Room Tip: Showers in standard rooms are somewhat claustrophobic but much better in deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business