“Never again.”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #353 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 July 2014

First of all the location is mediocre; need to walk around 10 mins. from Paddington station. That would be okay, but I don't think I ever disliked the layout of a room more than that one. I wouldn't even know how to describe it, it was really strange. It was almost triangular? Same goes for the bathroom which was almost hidden. Really strange everything. The bed itself was incredibly small for a double room. Would all be okay if value would've been okay. Wasn't. Was quite expensive for what we had gotten I thought. Okay, everything in London is expensive, but I most definitely won't stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me at nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in detail for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Sofia Gomes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,941)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel isn't far from Paddington Station. It's definitely walkable. Our double room was upgraded and afforded plenty of room, heated tiles in the bathroom, lovely rain shower and comfy bed. Very helpful staff, accommodatingly late checkout and nice lobby. We didn't eat in the restaurants, so can't comment on those. But we would stay in this hotel again, especially for the comfort, quiet and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I spent one night here a few weeks ago while on vacation passing through London. The location is perfect, about a 5-7 minutes walk from Paddington Station. From Heathrow take either the HeathrowConnect train (30 mins) or the Heathrow Express (15 mins but double the price) to the last stop which is London Paddington. When you exit the station, turn right onto Craven Road and walk about 5 blocks and the hotel is about a block off of Craven. There are lots of restaurants nearby, a few bars/pubs.

The staff were very nice and my room was good. The bathroom was tiny but they often are in Europe but it totally served the its purpose just fine. My bed was very comfy and the in-room wifi was excellent. I got a fair price for the 1 night I stayed. I would stay here again if I were heading to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is nicely situated near Paddington Station. It was recently renovated so everything in there is fresh. Had some issues at check-in, but they were resolved quickly. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Room was very small... It was also quite hot in the room with thermostat low temp limited to 19 C. All room facilities I could think of we're there and more (built into wall behind table hdmi, USB, VGS ports). Nice shower room.
Overall it's very good for short business trip to London with excellent links to Heathrow via paddington.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for two nights for business purposes. The location is great, not too far from the tube and easy to locate.
I thought the quality of the bed and linen was fantastic and very comfortable, the TV and channels were as you would expect and the free wifi was great.
However.....
I thought that the reception staff came across as unfriendly and 'stuck up', telling me to enjoy my day on checkout as an afterthought. They did not acknowledge my coming or going through the hotel and made me feel unwelcome.
The room, whilst small and very clean, was poorly designed. There were only 2 plug sockets in the room, by the desk far away from the bed so you had no choice to get out of bed to turn off your alarm, using your phone whilst on charge unless you wanted to stand by the desk was also a no no. There was one mirror in the bathroom, and one by the door - again too far away from the plugs so blow drying your hair or using straighteners whilst looking in the mirror was not possible, unless you carry an extension cable!
The toilet roll in the bathroom is low and near the floor, when you have a shower the toilet roll then gets wet so you cant use it.
My stay was fine, but my previous stay in a premier inn was a better experience for half the cost.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sarah K
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked the compact double room for an overnight business trip. The room was cosy and very comfortable (especially the bed!). The en suit bathroom had a 'wet-room' style shower with heated floor. I was amazed at how innovative this was! I really enjoyed my stay,. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was a real gem in the middle of the metropolis. The location was perfect, quiet and 'home from home' feeling. I would recommend this hotel every time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here for one night while in London.

The hotel was very nice, about 8 minutes walk from Paddington station and with very pleasant staff. We booked a compact double room, which did not feel compact at all and overlooked the square at the side of the hotel. I very much liked the decor of the room, with the bathroom door the same colour as the rest - it made the room feel bigger.

Our deal (via think hotels) included a continental breakfast and it was a very good selection with fresh croissants etc and fresh fruit.

For the money, we were delighted with the hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room overlooking the square. I would avoid rooms in the basement.