“Good Stayover for Airport Departures”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #332 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Houston, Texas
“Good Stayover for Airport Departures”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before we were to fly back to the US. We were pleasantly surprised with a large studio style room with a bed in the loft. We overlooked the street and it was a nice view.

Staff was helpful with instructions on the tour busses in the area.

The only down side was that when we asked for a cab to Paddington the front desk guy recommended a car service. It turned out to be a chauffered Benz that was nice, but much more than a cab fare. I would have preferred to have been told the cost in advance. But also we could have asked, so i am not totally blaming them. Another travel lesson learned.....

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Sofia Gomes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I booked a Compact Double Room online at short notice. On arrival I was upgraded to a more spacious Club room on the 4th floor.

First impressions were good. It was a baking hot day and the sliding glass doors opened into an air-conditioned reception area. Check-in was swift and the staff were excellent.

Plenty of space in the room itself, with easy open access into the bathroom. No bath to negotiate, but a modern walk-in overhead shower. The washbasin didn't have space for my (few) toiletries, which was a slight pain - and I very nearly called reception about the lack of soap/shampoo, when I noticed them up on a high shelf.

The bed was comfortable and I had an uninterrupted night's sleep. I don't usually watch the TV much, but a minor quibble was that the screen (a good size) was embedded in the far wall and quite a distance from the bed. (Everyone watches TV from a hotel bed, right?).

The free wifi tended to drop out after 30 minutes, or so... but it was always easy enough to reconnect.

The breakfast room is in the basement and a little on the cramped side, but the choices were good and included in the price of my room.

The location is excellent. A 10-minute walk from Paddington station, and even closer to Lancaster gate on the Central Line.

Glad I found this hotel. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for one night after flight into Heathrow. We used this as a one night stop over before moving on to other parts of England.

The Park Grand is about a 1/2 mile from Paddinton Station. I would not characterize the walk as short, but it was manageable. It was a bit difficult dragging a heavy suitcase, however. It was the best priced 4-star hotel in the area.

The hotel is a typical by European standards in that the rooms and lobby are fairly small. The staff was friendly. They were not able to accommodate our request for an early check-in, so we checked out bags and walked through Hyde Park for some sightseeing. Fortunately I was able to sleep on the flight, so I was not overly tired.

I make a similar trip again, I will look for the Park Grand again if the price is right.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

White Plains, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms were very clean, up to date, lots of amenities, concierge extremely helpful...printer available to print tickets, reservations, etc. Four block walk to Paddington Station which is great, especially if you use the Heathrow Express train. Restaurants and convenience stores are just a block away. Only negative is the room is small compared with US hotels. It's a great small hotel with a good price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

came here for an over night last minute stay with my boyfriend, booked online for a great price including breakfast- one of the best prices we saw for a 4* in this area! easy walk from the praed street exit at paddington tube station and just a short distance from hyde park. welcomed by the staff who explained everything clearly and we were upgraded to a junior suite for free! the layout of the room was contemporary with doors coming from the panels in the walls leading to the spacious bathroom and other room with a mini fridge, microwave, safe and ironing facilities. the room also had air conditioning which was greatly appreciated as it was in the high 20's outside!
the bed was so comfortable and we could hear hardly any noise from the surrounding rooms.
breakfast was plentiful and really nice and all the staff were pleasant and helpful.
kept our bags in the luggage room until we needed to get the train back.
all in all a really good trip!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.

Dallas
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at the Park Grand London Paddington! Everyone was so helpful and accommodating! The hotel was very convenient to the Tube and walkable to the parks. The beds were comfy and the water was hot! The rooms quiet and I slept like a baby! We will definitely be back.

Stayed July 2014

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for one night in July 2014, whilst in London to celebrate a family event. Hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from Paddington station, and very easy to find. Looked smart and well kept on arrival, and all staff had a charming and very professional manner. We arrived earlier than expected, and staff provided rooms for us to keep our luggage secure, as well as checking us in. After touring London, we arrived back at the hotel, to find we had been unexpectedly upgraded to a junior suite, which made the stay even nicer. Room and linens, were clean, with all expected amenities, and a paper delivered in the morning. We had included full English breakfast in our reservation, and this was a buffet style,although you could request style of eggs etc. It was well cooked, and nicely presented, with continental options available. Check out was quick and easy, again the staff holding our bags until we were ready to leave London.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the room provided.