“"Compact" hotel !”

Ranked #670 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Belluno, Italy
“"Compact" hotel !”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The best feature of this hotel is the excellent location. Rooms are really small ( at least mine = n° 103 ) ... if you are more than 90 kg simply avoid booking this hotel because you won't be able to move ... especially in the bathroom ! The most uncomfortable thing to me was the mattress ... very soft and that affects your back a lot after a night sleep. All spaces in the hotel are restricted but apart from that everything is working : wirelss is fine, breakfast is decent and the hotel is very clean anyway. The staff is rather helpful. To be in the centre of London price was reasonable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing High Street Kensigton are rather "noisy" because of pubs/disco along the stre...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Alerock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stay in London on a weekly basis with work, usually in far lesser hotels than the 'Best Western' chain. Last night was simply the worst experience in a hotel I ever had.

In fairness, my room had been booked as a single, as I was expecting to stay alone, however my fiance had come down to London at the last minute and she decided to stay over. When I entered the room however, it was obvious that the 2 of us couldnt stay in there.

I am not a huge guy (6ft 1), but the room was so small that from the bed my feet touched the kettle and 'far' wall. Furthermore, the bed was tiny and there was barely floor space to leave our bags.

I tried to explain the situation on arrival to the guy on reception and his only response was "there is nothing i can do unless you want to pay £40 for an upgrade". It was 22:30 on a Wed night and I politely explained that if he had a spare room, surely he could give it to a dissatisfied customer. (This was when I finally managed to track him down, he had been outside the hotel at the front, smoking and chatting to his mates for 20 mins. Hardly the best impression to set)

Anyway, it then became clear that the 2 of us would never be able to sleep in the bed, so I decided to sleep on the floor. I again went to reception and asked for 2 duvets. 1 to lie on and 1 to cover. He returned 20 mins later with 1 and explained it was the last in the building and that he had to take it off one of the beds (ironically the same 'double' he refused to move us to. I then enquired as to what would happen should someone come and want to book said room out. His reply was: "It's ok, we have a hotel down the road that would bring some more bed clothes across." Needless to say I then questioned why I didnt warrant this service, but at this stage it was like talking with a toddler.

Anyway, I ended up sleeping on the floor, with a cushion for a pillow and the 'large' bath towel as my duvet. This wasnt the end of it however, the air conditioning was broken and the room was so noisey. (made worse by matey boy standing smoking with his pals outside the front door all evening)

It's a real shame because the location is good, right on Kensington High st and the decor is ok. However I would only recommend staying here if you are a borrower with a penchant for terrible service.

I will never stay in a Best Western again.

Room Tip: Try a hotel down the road!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Sam O

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Rooms are nice but on the small side so if you need space, not the hotel for you. Breakfast each morning was basic but ok. The staff will try to accommodate all requests but we did see a few unhappy customers during our stay. Free wireless internet is good and rooms were cleaned daily. Good hotel for the price and the loaction is excellent in a nice area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
seraphinegm, General Manager at Seraphine London Kensington Gardens, responded to this review, 15 October 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

2 night stay over weekend. Have never seen such a small bedroom ! Despite the lack of room, I would use this hotel again. The staff were very helpful, the whole place was spotless and the location was very good for getting into central London without the cost of a central London hotel.

Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here as it was close to the Royal Albert Hall. The room was clean but small. So best not bring your cat if you want to swing it!

On the plus side, shower was great and the hotel is perfectly located for all that Kensington has to offer at a really reasonable rate for the location. The R.A.H is only a 10 min walk away, the staff are friendly enough.

Not really suitable for staying any more than a single night as room is a bit tight. But apart from that it's not bad at all.

1 Thank Lookeypook

Norwich
Reviewed 12 March 2014

One night at the Seraphine was good. A small but well equiped bedroom at the rear of the hotel, complete with a lovely shower. Breakfast was continental and rather limited, with no quality food on offer. I would stay here again though, it was convenient for the tube, shops and for a Sunday night, a bargain.

Room Tip: Get one a the back for quietness

Newark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Very convenient for RAH. Hotel being kept well although a few signs of wear and tear beginning to appear. Shower tray seemed to have chunks out of it!!
Although each room is very small you have all you need to hand and the shower is excellent. I had asked for a quiet room at the back but I was at the front and was disturbed by street noise quite a lot through the night. I was not able to book in until after the performance at the RAH so that is perhaps why my request was not met.The breakfast is excellent - good variety and good quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends