“Great food and very reasonable”
Review of Duke of York Pub - CLOSED

Duke of York Pub
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Can't fault this great pub, opposite victoria station its idea as a waiting place or to eat some good food whilst waiting for your bus or train. The beer was also first class, I hope to be back soon...

4  Thank james2000uk

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I popped into here while waiting for a friend and was made to feel very welcome. Lovely pub, great staff makes a great atmosphere. Would defiantly recommend this place!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I went with some friends to this pub before taking a train from Victoria station. We didn't expect such a nice meal next to the main train station in London for a reasonable price.

I had the steak and ale pie, it was one of the best meat pies I have tried. My friends ordered a burger, which was good too.

I consider eating there again if I am near Victoria train station.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stopped here for a drink just before going to the Victoria Palace Theatre. Given it was during the olympics so the pub was busy with drinkers. However, the customer service was terrible, 4 staff behind the bar all of which could speak hardly any/if any english and myself and other customers had to point to which drink we wanted. The drink i had was disgustingly warm and cloudy as if the barrel hadn't been tapped correctly and the cooling system wasn't on. I work in a pub myself so excuses like it's a hot day or it's near the end of the barrel don't wash with me.
And if this wasn't bad enough did i mention the prices? A standard pint of horrible beer and small (and i mean small!) glass of rose' wine cost me £10.75 i had to take a double take when she showed me the price on the till (again couldn't understand when she told me the price).

Fair to say this duke of york will not have 10,000 men any time soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

This pub had quite a large menu with lots of kid-friendly choices. Our kids ordered nachos which had a nice spice to them and were very enjoyable. Good-size portions.