“Thank you for a great day!”

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thank you for a great day!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked the 'Mystery Tour' as a present for my mums birthday for when we were visiting London. We had a great tour. We were very lucky as it was a small group (only two other ladies) so Corrinna was able to give us all a lot of individual attention. She started the tour chatting to us and finding out what level we were at in our photography then throughout the tour she was able to talior her tips to our individual needs. I was a complete beginner and learnt lots, whereas my mum was able to build on her photography classes from earlier in the year. Our tour was on a Sunday and the area of London we went to was pretty much deserted. This allowed us to take some great photos without having loads of people in them. Corrina pointed out so many things that we would never have noticed and has made us a lot more aware of our surroundings at home.
This was more than a photography tour. Corrinna has obviously put a lot of time into studying the history of London and its buildings and kept us all interested with her stories. We both appreciate what we were taught about our cameras and how to take better pictures. We would recommend this tour and would do it again if/when we are back in London.
Thank you Corrina for a great experience.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Catherine B

Mendham, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Tours for Experts or Beginners”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I’m an experienced US-based photographer. While I can tell you when and where to be in Chicago to shoot a great sunset, how to capture the glowing lights of the New York City skyline during “magic hour”, or how to adjust your exposure to capture a pure-white snowstorm in the Rockies, I had zero knowledge of the city of London. I chose Hairy Goat because of the wide variety of tours they offer, specifically because they offered a night tour which is my favorite time to shoot any city.

My guide for both the London Photography Tour and the London Night Photography Tour was just fantastic. What I found even more awesome was that she truly felt the same geeky excitement that I did while approaching some of our locations as the sun sank and the clouds began to roll in. The tours were unforgettable thanks in no small part to the awesome photographs I returned with. But more importantly I really enjoyed my time with the guide who approached each tour with energy, enthusiasm, and vigor.

Heartfelt thanks to Hairy Goat for making London distinctly memorable.

1 Thank Brad R
London, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Day Out!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband bought a Hairy Goat photography tour as my Christmas present. What a fun day out! We are Londoners so know the city pretty well but Corrina was fabulous company and we learned some facts about London that we didn't already know, plus it was interesting to look at London through a 'different lens' (excuse the pun!) Apart from being a fun day out, we learned a lot about how to take good photos. Corrina is very good at gauging the level of photography experience and helping teach new techniques in an engaging way. It didn't feel like a lesson at all! Highly recommended!

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked this photo walk during my recent trip to London. I had a great time exploring an area I would have probably walked through without a second thought. Corrina knew the history of the area very well and showed me corners and sights I would have never found on my own. I would highly recommend Hairy Goat Photo Tours to all levels of photographers!

Shefford, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Learn to see London in a whole new light”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had originally booked just a Night Tour. Circumstances were fortunate (for me) in that I ended up being the only attendee so it ended up being a private 3-hr tour.

I opted to take a tour by Thames which included the Westminster Bridge, the Queen Elizabeth II Tower (Big Ben), the London Eye and the Golden Jubilee Bridges. The tour ended back where it started in Trafalgar Square in front of the National Gallery.

Throughout the tour, Corinne offered several suggestions in terms of locations, compositions, and types of shots (ISO levels, shutter speeds, etc) to ensure that I got the best possible images of London at night.

Corinne is an incredibly gracious, patient, friendly and knowledgeable guide and host. She impressed me so much that I booked a Mystery Tour for the next day on the spot.

Robert was my guide for the Mystery Tour. It was myself and 2 others. The tour wandered through the streets of the City of London (which is primarily the financial district). He took us off the beaten tourist path and showed us things that most tourists (and even many locals) walk right past or don't notice. He's a huge history buff too so it was as much a history tour as it was for photography. Like Corinne, Robert offered many suggestions of compositions that may be visually interesting and was always very approachable, friendly and knowledgeable.

Between these two tours I managed to fill up a 16GB card with amazing shots that I can honestly say would not have been possible if I were on my own.

Highly recommended, for all levels of photographers.