“Great tuition from great photographers”

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I booked an intermediate workshop with Hairy Goat after receiving a flyer for the mystery tour and checking out the website. Ended up with personal one on one tuition instead as the date I picked for the workshop wasn't going ahead, which shows the commitment of Corinna to customer service.

The tuition I received was fantastic - pitched perfectly and very well explained. We then headed off into the city for a walk around to practice my newly acquired skills and I got some great shots which I'm really pleased with.

I'm going to book the full mystery tour in the new year and will probably go on to book their low light / night shot workshop too as my experience with Hairy Goat so far has really impressed me.

Would definitely recommend - highly!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"learn how"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 19 November 2010

What a great day I had walking around the city with Mila!

It was a rainy November day, but my spirits were not dampened, as Mila took me all around the City of London. From historic back alleys to modern buildings to classically exquisite architecture, we saw (and learned about) it all. Mila's tips for better photographic angles and for more effective utilization of my camera settings was beyond what I had expected. It was great to do this walking tour towards the beginning of my trip, so I was able to utilize my newfound photographic sensitivities for the duration of my London experience.

I highly recommend it--what a great investment. Thanks, Hairy Goat!

Reviewed 11 November 2010

This is a great fun and informative tour which is truly enjoyable! Walk around the city and see things that you have never noticed before, even if you walk past them 5 days a week! We went in the pouring rain but the weather wasn't enough to dampen our spirits or the Tour guide's! This tour is truly unique and really fascinating! I came away from the tour knowing much more about London and having a whole new approach to taking photos in an urban environment. It was clear that the tour guide is very passionate about the city and photography and I think this is what makes it so special! It's great for people like me who love photography but also for people who are just interested in the history of London like my Dad (who didn't take one picture but still had a great time!). By Abbie 24, Nikon D90 user

Reviewed 10 November 2010

This was an amazing day for me and my girls. I wanted something different to do with my children in London other than the typical tourist romp through the normal sights. They aren't old enough to enjoy most of those things and would never really remember it. I wanted something fun and hands-on to DO instead of just look at the sights and be fed a laundry list of facts. While that might be fascinating to me kids are a different matter. I stumbled upon the Hairy Goat photography tour and it sounded like fun. So I took a chance and booked the three of us on the tour. Best thing we've done so far this trip!!

Mila was WONDERFUL and showed us parts of London I never knew existed. She made the history of the city come alive and kept my girls ages 9 and 13 fully engaged and beyond excited about the photos they were taking. She was great about explaining how to use different functions on our cameras and then put that info to use in the pictures we took that day. Her friendly engaging style was perfect for my sometimes shy and reserved girls. She got them interested in learning about taking more artistic photographs and taught us all things about the history of London at the same time. They have been talking about the things they learned and the photo's they took since the tour ended. They even spotted great places for photo's on the walk back to the hotel from dinner tonight.

When we get home I am going to help them put together a scrapbook of their first trip to London and the amazing pictures they took themselves. This is one day they WILL remember! Thanks Mila for a very memorable day in London!!!!