“Brilliant - and not as easy as it looks!”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #106 of 385 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I can thoroughly recommend this experience. Both my husband and I found it fascinating and much more complicated than you think. After the instructor had got over the shock that it was me doing the flying, not my husband, he was very informative and professional and seeing that most of the reviews on here are by men, I have to say, come on ladies, give it a go!

I wasn't sure how realistic it would be, as I was fortunate enought to have had flying lessons in small planes many years ago, but it was really thrilling and very addictive and brought back great memories. This is VERY different to flying a light aircraft though. I bought an Amazon deal which was 30 minutes and I wish I had had the hour-long session.

I took off from Heathrow, landed in Gibraltar then did an instrument based landing in Sydney!

One thing I would say is that if you are short like me (5ft 3ins) it is quite hard to reach the pedals and see out of the cockpit, so take a cushion with you!

2  Thank bellamanning

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I booked this experience because I am very scared of flying, every holiday trip has been a nightmare for me so far. The experience exceeded my expectations - I spent an hour with the pilot John who explained me how an aircraft works, what kind of safety systems are there, the traffic in the sky (for example, did you know that there is a speed restriction for planes flying at the low altitude?), flying in low visibility, diversions to different airports (yes, there is loads of contingency fuel:) and turbulences. I also had a chance to take off, fly and land the aircraft in the time left after my neverending aerophobic questions:) I must say John has put my mind at rest and I am confident that the next trip I will take will be stress free now that I know how everything works and where all these noises come from:)!

Highly recommended to all people who are scared to fly!

3  Thank Alex_123654
Reviewed 23 August 2012

When you get there and just see a part cockpit and unconvincing arial map you don't hold out much hope of a good time. But it's surprisingly good once you get your hands on the controls and start taking off and landing. Think my palms even got sweaty !!

4  Thank david h
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Like many others, I received this as a gift, and can genuinely say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't want to leave and have bought another session.

This would be an ideal present for an adolescent boy - or even a grown-up one who's still adolescent inside.

I don't understand the negative reviews. A few minutes with Google will instantly reveal the difference between this and the simulators used by airlines, which are an order of magnitude more expensive. An intermediate step would be the Concorde sim at Brooklands, £149 for 15 minutes at the controls.

The instructor (Tony) was very personable and gave me just the amount of support I needed.

One tip: Ask for circuits at an easy airport if your time is limited. You will save time on briefings and navigation, and can concentrate on flying.

2  Thank W4Peter
Reviewed 11 March 2012

A Christmas gift from wife who had run out of inspiration led me to that Temple to Retail Excess, Westfield at White City. Accompanied by two retainers, one of whom is an experienced professional pilot, I was welcomed by Richard and was immediately put at ease. After completing the formalities I was asked about any previous experience. I revealed all and was told that this and my apparent desire, in my younger days, to jump out of perfectly serviceable aircraft with a parachute, should not be a hinderence.
I was conducted to the rear simulator and told toile myself comfortable in the left hand seat.
Asked what I wanted to do, I asked for a take off from Auckland, a landing. And departure from Los Angeles and finally, a landing at Heathrow.
Apart from a sticky moment on approach into LAX when my left thumb engaged the elevator trim control and we pitched up at about 30 deg, about 27 more than we needed to be at, a situation from which I hastily recovered with help from Richard, my instructor, we safely alighted on terra firma each time.
There was enough time remaining to try a landing at Biggin Hill in conditions of minimum visibility and although I had minimum experience in instrument flying, with help this was accomplished in comparative safety.
Summarising, this was a great hour. I came out needing a shower to wash away the sweat and I now know what colour adrenalin is!!!
Do try it - a really great experience and totally authentic, as the Americans would say!

9  Thank Sudarg