“A special 70th birthday present”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #93 of 366 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Loughborough, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A special 70th birthday present”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My daughters treated my husband as part of his birthday present to a flight simulator experience. They only paid for 1/2 an hour experience as we were not sure if he would have got bored but he loved it and didn't want it to end. They was allowed to occupy the rear seats as he took off landed the plane in Las Vegas and then off to Gibraltar. Vegas was a bit boring to land in but Gibraltar was a challenge A full hour would have been much better and you would have got more tuition but nevertheless he loved it and itwas well worth the money

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I bought this as a Christmas present for my Dad who used to fly and it was great! They had lots of fun throughout the session and the instructor was really nice and let my Dad do whatever he wanted as he didn't need any help anyway.
I forgot her name but there was a brown haired lovely German girl on the front desk, she was so funny, we loved her.
In addition we got our certificate and we got our DVD. And as we mentioned it when doing the booking, we also got the back sim.
So I don't know what everyone is complaining about. If you keep in mind to ask in advance everything is great. And the staff was warm and nice and offered us everything theirselves.
I can highly recommend it :)

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience London/Westfield”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I received this as a Christmas gift from my son and daughter-in-law. Arrived ten minutes early and was excited about what was to come.

Emma, my instructor, took me to the flight deck at the rear of the shop, which is nicer as the public cannot see if you make a mess of it :-).

Five minutes of basic instruction and I was rolling down Heathrow runway. A great feeling as the engines wind up and you hit takeoff speed.

I have read some criticism on here that I feel is unwarrented, if you want a better flight simulator go elsewhere and pay £500 an hour. iPiolt is great value for the money. Enjoy, Phil :-)

bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“total rip off”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I bought it as a Christmas present for my husband. As previous reviewers said, the simulator is in a small shop in a busy shopping mall. I spent over £100 just to find out most of the shopping mall will gather behind. When we arrived we noticed what was going on and were informed we should have requested the simulator at the back at the time of booking. Am I psychic? Would I ever predict that for this price we would receive such a shoddy service? I was embarrassed... as for that money my husband could have got kindle or a new phone. Just need to add that the equipment looks very used, dirty and tatty. The graphics very basic, don't expect any scenery. The girl at the reception seriously needs her manners checked. Certificate? What certificate? Maybe they were worried to ask seeing my face and were afraid to ask. the instructor was nice. That's about it.

5 Thank zablinska
flyipilot, Manager at iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Madam,
We would indeed like to investigate this further, and compensate you fully.
Please get in touch with us at westfield@ipilot.me
Isi Collins, iPILOT London Manager
Croydon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Shocking customer service.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I had booked and paid for a 30 minute flight experience for my husband as a Christmas present. We turned up to find the shop closed. We hung around for half an hour and tried calling the number given on the website several times. It went to voice mail every time. I had an email reminder sent to me a few days earlier so I know we did not get the date or time wrong. There was no message in the shop window to say why the shop was not open. We overheard some people talking, saying that the manager was not going to turn up to open the shop until about 12 ish or later. Our appointment had been for 11am and we certainly were not going to hang around for an hour just in case someone turned up. Waste of a trip, very disappointed and disgusted with the customer service.

4 Thank Catrine_uk22
The service and logistical issues that the customer experienced, fall fully on our side as the Experience provider. We can only apologise to the customer and his wife for what played out on the day in question - and can ensure them that this is not iPILOT standard procedure. We strive to delight, not disappoint.

In this instance, the customer was contacted directly by the London Manager, compensated and rebooked with our compliments. We very much hope the gentleman enjoys his next experience with us.
Isi Colins, iPILOT London Manager