My partner and I stayed here on Friday night for just one night but came away feeling like we'd been on a holiday.
Everything from the beginning was so perfectly organised. We arrived at 1pm (check in is at 2pm) but through the very friendly and professional lady at reception, were able to check in early and were also given an upgrade which was great.
The rooms were massive for the price paid and well worth it for a London spa/hotel. I won't describe the layout and hotel but my own experience. Before booking this hotel I had read through pages and pages of the reviews on TripAdviser and decided to book the hotel for a special night away. I was not disappointed. Nothing was too much trouble here.
When we got there we realised we'd forgoten to buy a few bits so a free car was arranged to take us the 2 min journey to Clapmham Junction. The driver was very helpful in letting us know where we could buy the items we needed. The pickup at the end of our trip was arranged quickly and easily with no fuss.
We booked a couples spa package when we got there and luckily were able to find a slot on the same day. The massages were amazing, the girls seemed to know what they were doing and were very respectful and professional.
We left the spa feeling so relaxed and not worrying about belongings, keeping to strict times etc. We booked a table at the inhouse restaurant in the evening. Hotel guests receive 50% off their meal (although check which sections of the menu this applies to). The food was amazing - so nicely flavoured and presented and overlooking the Thames while we ate was perfect. We ordered some cocktails as well which were well made I was pleased to find. We also met the owner Iqbal who was lovely and took the time to speak to us and make us feel welcome. This to me is the extra touch that is not received at many other top hotel chains.
Our sleep was very comfortable although we struggled a bit to control the temperature of the room during night, alternating between hot and cold!
I'd like to address the main criticism of the location - I have seen many negative reviews based on the location of the hotel. This slightly confuses me - if you've done your homework before hand and know where the hotel is, if the hotel's website clearly states where the hotel is, if you then book the hotel understanding its location, WHY would you complain about the location after visiting it!!!!!!?????? For my boyfriend and I, we thought it was more important to stay in the hotel, take advantage of the room and spa and enjoy the time we had there.
I can't include all details on here and have probably missed out a few bits, so if you have any specific questions, please contact me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London