My husband and I stayed 2 nights in Jan 2013 at the Rafayel. First impressions were very good, as we walked up to the hotel it was very modern looking and the reception area continued this theme. We travelled into London Victoria station and got the 170 bus which stops right outside the hotel (this only took about 20 mins). The 44 bus also goes from Victoria and stops on the adjacent main road.
The man on reception was very welcoming and explained about the restaurant offering 50% off at the time when getting 2 courses (excl. breakfast) and about the courtesy shuttle to Clapham junction (national rail) or Clapham Common (underground). As we were going out within the next hour he booked the shuttle for us. We had a Yangtze room on the 3rd floor which was very roomy, modern and clean. It had a large LCD TV and very high spec bathroom with large walk-in mixer shower.
The man that took us to Clapham station in the shuttle was very friendly and helpful. We were there in a few minutes (it's about a 10-12 min walk).
It's only 10 minutes to Waterloo or London Bridge from Clapham.
We used the gym and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was lovely and warm and the gym was more than adequate with lots of choice of cardio and weight machines. It also had a nice view of the river.
There was a small problem with ordering room service late. I rang up at 10.45pm to order a snack and I was put through several times until I was speaking to the correct person. I suggest the room service menu is updated with the after hours extension, this I found later to be in the welcome pack, but I was put through back and forth between the kitchen and the night porter. Once I ordered the food it did come promptly (within about 15 mins).
I also felt the shower could do with a small shelf to put your own shower gels, shampoos etc on, as I nearly slipped bending down to pick up my toiletries from the shower tray.
We were also missing the TV remote when we first went to our room but this was replaced quickly once reported to reception.
Overall this was a very enjoyable stay and excellent value. Always check the hotel rates on their own website as they were better than all the comparison hotel sites offered (which is very unusual and I was very impressed).
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when on business or leisure in London. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Lastminute, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London