“Great stay!”

Ranked #315 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Crowborough, England, United Kingdom
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Great hotel!! When we first arrived at Clapham Junction station we thought it was going to be a long walk but it wasn't! Only took about 10 mins. We had a really good 2 night stay at the hotel. The staff were very helpful with any questions we had. The room was lovely & big!! Plus had an AMAZING shower! The shuttle service from the hotel was fab (even though not a long walk, very nice to have when in a hurry & have heavy bags etc) We had yummy cocktails in the bar & enjoyed our 50% off food as a hotel guest in the resturant one evening which was good! Can recommened the seafood pasta :) Didn't get to use the spa area or have treatments.. there wasn't enough.. but if we come back we would. Will recommened this hotel to people. Liked how modern it was but also had a environmentally friendly touch.. not seen that from a hotel before. Thanks for a brilliant stay.

3 Thank Alice C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights in room 223, which was massive!!! A jacuzzi too and huge bathroom.
We had a problem finding the hotel on the first day and had to walk for miles, but once we were used to where it was, we managed fine. If you walk to battersea bridge along the riverside path, there are lots of buses into town from there.
The only downside for me was that the rooms were very dark. Could do with some more light or a magnifying mirror to put make up on.
I would stay again though! Also lovely Lebanese at battersea square just along the road, the mazoor, I think!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Me and a friend stayed at this hotel on the 7th October 2013 for the night everything from getting off the train to getting to the hotel was easy we had to wait for our taxi service but its what you expect for being in London wait was no more than 15 mins. When we got to the hotel the lobby was amazing we went to check in but our room wasn't ready so went across to the bar that's over the courtyard they had a nice out doors sitting area and luckily the sun was out so we sat outside and had a few beers :). I left the bar leaving my friend in there to go see if the room was ready as I was in reception I was approached by one of the bar staff a short guy who wanted the money for my drinks even though I said to him my friends still in there I am coming back anyway without any arguments etc I said sorry mate and handed him a £20 i said can you bring my change up to my room or leave with reception my room which never happened!.. I rung my friend and told him to meet me, the room was big and was very nice also had a massive bathroom with big showers took me awhile to figure out to work it lol all in all the stay was excellent the rooms were plenty big enough and the hotel grounds/bar was fantastic only down side was the changed situation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I've recently had the most marvellous weekend at the Rafayel Hotel. I initially chose this hotel for its location as I had travelled down to see a Turkish band who were playing in Wandsworth and therefore wanted to be south of the river. I also decided that I would stay a second night and do some sightseeing, which I did as well as take in a couple of galleries. There are bus stops right outside of the hotel and with the aid of a couple of bus maps it was easy to make my way around London.

Everyone I encountered, from the reception staff to the staff in the bar/restaurant was very welcoming, kind and efficient. As a single female I did wonder whether I would feel comfortable in the bar and so to begin with I just ordered a soft drink. However I found myself still sitting at the bar at 2 in the morning, having enjoyed the lovely ambience of the place and some really nice conversations.

I chose a Yangtse room because the website said these rooms had partial views of the Thames. It was the perfect room, and I loved both going to sleep and waking up with views of the river. The beds were so comfortable that I had difficulty in getting up in time for breakfast, but I'm glad I did as the breakfast was a veritable feast.

The bathroom was luxurious and the shower was amazing. It was also good to be able to control the heating/air con to a specific temperature and have the ability to switch it off which I did before sleeping.

To sum up, the hotel is amazing and I am already planning my return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our 2 night stay in this fabulous Hotel was absolutely wonderful, all of the staff were extremely helpful, our room was superb with amazing view over the Thames, truly excellent restaurant and bar too. Being able to park your car safely in their underground car-park was also a great facility and we shall certainly return at our earliest opportunity!

In our opinion the Rafayel on the Left Bank is definitely to be recommended.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have stayed at the Rafayel a number of times and have had a excellent stay each time. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, making you feel like a valued customer. The rooms are really comfortable and clean and the room rates are very competitive. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013
south coast
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed here again after having trouble before with the dvd player before,have to say the dvd was connected and sorted straight away. Extra milk was brought to the room straight away when asked for. Its easy to catch the bus to victoria station, for your ongoing journey. If they keep this up would definitely reccomend this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business