We stayed at Hotel Rafayel last night for our pre-Xmas treat. Previous reviewers have mentioned it's inaccessibility and it has to be said it's not in the best area for public transport but the hotel does run a 5 seat shuttle bus, Transport for London bus number 170 runs from outside to both Victoria & Clapham Junction & as a guide, a black cab from Clapham Junction to the hotel cost £6. So it's not a deal breaker.
First impressions are reasonably good. We started off in a Thames Room which looked to be finished to a high standard and the view was amazing. Sadly, we had a massive problem with the shower which was faulty & we were moved to an apartment, the only accommodation vacant on the night. The apartment, whilst fine, was not of the standard of the room which we'd actually booked and really wanted to spend our night in. We also ended up having an issue with a broken base in the bed in the middle of the night! Clearly we were not meant to be there.
We spent a couple of hours in the Crystal Bar where I ate a starter & main course, both of which were perfectly fine &, with a 50% discount, very reasonable. They didn't add up to 5* dining though, no matter how charitable you may be. And the bar, whilst attractive, is small & lacks any sort of ambience. I imagine though that on a sunny afternoon/evening it would feel entirely different as it looks directly onto the Thames.
We spoke directly to the staff about our issues within the rooms & came to a very satisfactory agreement. Throughout our stay we commented on the fact that whilst the hotel itself is much more like a good 3*, the staff that we dealt with gave 5* service which made all the difference.
Bearing in mind the price of a room at the Hotel Rafayel [which is good for London] and as long as you remember that it's not a 5* hotel, it offers good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa