My wife and I stayed for three nights in this hotel from the 24th to 27th February . My wife had booked it as a birthday treat for me , but she was a bit worried that the location may have been a bit remote - she needn't have been !
We travelled via the Underground from Heathrow to Clapham Junction , where , after a quick call to the hotel , we were collected by a very pleasant driver in the hotel shuttle bus . We had a great chat about the Irish cricket team's exploits on the short journey to the hotel !
The reception area is very comfortable , and checking in was hassle free . We were given a room in the annexe of the hotel , above their restaurant , and overlooking the Thames . The room was large , bright and airy , with a fantastic view of the river . There is a heliport next to the hotel , and kids of all ages will enjoy the comings and goings throughout the day ( there wasn't an issue with noise from this operation ) ! We were unable to operate the TV in our room ( this was probably down to our failings rather than an issue with the TV itself ) , my wife mentioned it to the reception staff when we went out for a walk one morning , and it was working when we got back .
The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in . My wife isn't the greatest sleeper , but she was delighted with this bed . The bathroom was also very well sized and equipped ( it even had a tv at the end of the bath ! ) , with a good powerful shower that didn't lose water temperature or pressure .
Regarding getting into the city centre , there is a bus stop right outside the door of the hotel which will take you into Victoria Station in 10-15 mins depending on traffic . The buses run every 6-7 mins between 0700 and 1900 hrs daily , and every 11-12 mins from 1900 to 0100 hrs , so you can go from the calm of the river bank to the hustle and bustle in no time !
We were delighted with our choice of hotel , and wouldn't hesitate to return to the Rafayel again in the future .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London