Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
US$258
US$191
Priceline
2,137 results
All reviewsclapham junctionshuttle servicebanyan restaurantfree shuttlenile suiteclapham commonamazon roomiqbal latifthames viewjacuzzi bathbattersea parkfloor to ceiling windowshuge bathroomkings roadhotel gueststhe hotel offersamazing hotel
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights in this hotel from the 24th to 27th February . My wife had booked it as a birthday treat for me , but she was a bit worried that the location may have been a bit remote - she needn't have been !
We travelled via the Underground from Heathrow to Clapham Junction , where , after a quick call to the hotel , we were collected by a very pleasant driver in the hotel shuttle bus . We had a great chat about the Irish cricket team's exploits on the short journey to the hotel !
The reception area is very comfortable , and checking in was hassle free . We were given a room in the annexe of the hotel , above their restaurant , and overlooking the Thames . The room was large , bright and airy , with a fantastic view of the river . There is a heliport next to the hotel , and kids of all ages will enjoy the comings and goings throughout the day ( there wasn't an issue with noise from this operation ) ! We were unable to operate the TV in our room ( this was probably down to our failings rather than an issue with the TV itself ) , my wife mentioned it to the reception staff when we went out for a walk one morning , and it was working when we got back .
The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in . My wife isn't the greatest sleeper , but she was delighted with this bed . The bathroom was also very well sized and equipped ( it even had a tv at the end of the bath ! ) , with a good powerful shower that didn't lose water temperature or pressure .
Regarding getting into the city centre , there is a bus stop right outside the door of the hotel which will take you into Victoria Station in 10-15 mins depending on traffic . The buses run every 6-7 mins between 0700 and 1900 hrs daily , and every 11-12 mins from 1900 to 0100 hrs , so you can go from the calm of the river bank to the hustle and bustle in no time !
We were delighted with our choice of hotel , and wouldn't hesitate to return to the Rafayel again in the future .

Room Tip: Rooms in the Annexe have best Thames views .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank noellysull
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here with friends; the service was first class from start to finish. The room was great, I even got to watch TV in the bath! We had a lovely meal in the restaurant overlooking the Thames and were given just the right level of service. The only disappointment was the swimming pool which is a small exercise pool, not a leisure pool.

We had a great stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Im from Newcastle but travel to London 2,3 times a month for work. I always stay at Rafayel and would recommend it to any and everyone. The staff are more then helpful and continue to go out of their way to make your stay even more enjoyable.
The spa facilities are fantastic. I am yet to try a treatment here, but the jacuzzi, gym etc are nice, quiet and relaxing.
The rooms are extremely spacious and the bathrooms are just as impressive. The beds are super comfortable also.
I have stayed in so many hotels and continue to do, but there is none as good as here. It is modern, fantastic value for money, gorgeous, quiet, what more could you ask for. Thank you Rafayel for always making me feel welcome and appreciated. I will keep coming back and spreading the word.

Room Tip: I have stayed in nearly all of them, but i am a sucker for a good view and the Thames room had a spectacular one. You also get a fantastic view of the helipad also.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamilahmusic
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here the night before flying from Gatwick. The bedroom was one of the biggest I have stayed in with a massive super comfy bed. The bathroom was also large with a great shower. I used the free spa facilities. There is a mini gym which is also free. The free shuttle between the hotel and Clapham Junction station is such a great service. I will definately stay here again whether its before flying from Gatwick or visiting London. It only takes about 20 -30 minutes to reach Oxford Circus. Compared to other London hotels I have stayed in this is amazing value for money.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with floor to ceiling windows. I was worried about privacy but didnt notice anyone passing
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lambsunderland
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

First stay here for me and my partner. His friend had recommend we give it a try.
Wish we could of stayed longer. But had family commitments.
We was given a lovely room on the ground floor but asked if we could be moved just for more of a view. The reception was very helpful and polite about it.
We loved the fact you can plug your phone in and listen to music in your room and bath room through the speakers. Good selection in the mini bar. Room service was abit of a wait but the chips are great, fresh and hot! I Would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014