The hotel can't help that it's a £30 plus black cab journey away from the west end, this was our fault for booking something so far away so to be fair to the Rafayel this is the main reason we wouldn't return here. Our first trip into town was using a minicab company that I guess is attached to the hotel somehow. The guys vehicle was scratched and dented down both sides and he had a HUGE crack in his windscreen that he's stuck a big sticker over, worryingly across his line of sight on the driver side!!! We opted for the black cabs after this!
The hotel is very modern and well equipped - beautiful luxury bathroom, our room had a jacuzzi bath which sadly didn't work. I rang beforehand to expressly request a jacuzzi suite and bless her, the lady is spoken to (Maria) had remembered me from days before and asked whether I was pleased with the jacuzzi. I replied with my disappointment that it didn't work and the other reception lady said that it was probably that we didn't know how to use it because they are checked regularly. I'm quite techy and the bath only had 4 buttons so I can't see how this is possible but there you go. If, like the lady on reception said, that
lots of people say the jacuzzi doesn't work and then (once checked out) they are tested to find that they ARE working there clearly is a problem. Simply pop a sign up with user instructions??
My boyfriend and I are very lucky to stay at many 5 star hotels and found the customer service at The Rafayel very cold indeed. Perhaps the manager would like to visit the Lowry in Manchester to see how they treat their guests? The restaurant was chaotic and service was poor and slightly rude from the entrance man and bar staff seemed indifferent to us. No large plates at breakfast so I had to eat my English breakfast from a small side plate! The restaurant wasn't even that busy yet many of the breakfast buffet platters were empty and the orange juice had run out. We made the mistake of asking for a cappuccino instead of the filter coffee on offer and a grumpy waitress organised this some 20 minutes later.
Confusion upon arrival as to accessing the underground parking - quite often leading to a traffic jam on the single lane forecourt outside the hotel.... Signage might help people in the future. No valet either which would have helped.
I booked two spa appointments online thru their website. Upon check in no booking had been made with the spa and was told they were fully booked. Another disappointment - a call to confirm or reject my booking would have been nice.
Beautiful rooms but rubbish location, admittedly not their fault, and very poor customer service. Definitely not 5 star (when was this rated 5 star??)
If you don't want to be in town though, the hotel is beautifully set on the river and is picturesque.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London