This Hotel should never be a 4 star never mind a 5 star .My family went to London for New year break and this hotel totally spoilt our stay in |London.The service was terrible in every area.
Ask for a glass in the bar to go with a bottle of wine we ordered that took 15 mins after the bottle arrived.Order a beer 20 mins later you would have to go and ask at the bar again.The rooms were very dark you couldnt see properly in the rooms we had three rooms and they were all the same.The noise was terrible every little car noise from the street could be heard and we could also hear peoples conversations walking past god knows what the double glazing is made from.We paid a very high premium for the rooms as we were staying new year and it was the worst experience in a hotel I have had.I travel all over the world and was still amazed at how bad it was for a so called 5 star hotel.We arrived and there was no conciege or anyone to help with our bags we had valet parking but couldnt find anyone to take care of this so we left the car outside the reception and no one asked for 2 hours about the car.We paid the premium because they advertised that after a new years evening meal you could relax and view the fireworks accross london from the residents roof top terrace it sounded wonderful.
Infact whilst we were finishing our meal we could openly see non residents most of which where friends and family of the hotel staff as they greeted them with open arms. They brought push chairs were piled up outside the lifts blocking access.
We had wrist bands on like in an cheap all inclusive camp to allow us access to the roof top terrace this was a joke as we could not even get in the lifts up to the terrace it was packed with people unable to access the roof as well some of my family managed to get there and others didnt and spent New years waiting in jammed lift the organisation and safety was very bad.
I spent New Years Eve stroke of midnight with the manager/owner appologising saying he didnt know where all the people had come from whilst my Wife and daughter were stook elsewhere.
He offered us a £5 bottle of cheap sparkling plonk as an apology but the stay was the worst experience I have had in a Hotel of any standard.
AS we chedked out the next day, the reception area was full of people complaining about the similar experiencethey had. We were sat with one couple who complained about been served a cold meal and complained twice about having hair in their meal! We didnt have breakfast the next day as we were so put off by this experience we wanted to escape as quick as possible!!!!This is also the first review I have ever written as I was so appalled by this i think everyone should be made aware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa