“A hidden Gem”

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #318 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rafayel on the Left Bank is a fabulous mix of style, modernity and eastern mysticism. The room was generous, clean and very comfortable. The restaurant was excellent in quality and vista though a little pricey. The service is spot on - they do pick up from Clapham junction and Clapham common which worked out well. Did not use the gym so can;t comment. I will definitely be staying here again - its class.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely hotel and setting. We had a Nile Suite which was very spacious with a Jacuzzi in the room. Valet underground parking was great. Cocktails and food superb. Transfers to Clapham Junction was easy (5 mins away)
Very good hotel, we will return the next time we feel we need to spoil ourselves.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite, definately worth it
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel and spa, the views are beautiful. A lovely lady named Sanya who's service was beyond helpful and friendly. We relaxed in our beautiful room and took in some of the most breathtaking London views. In the evening we attended enjoyed cocktails in a relaxing peaceful atmosphere we bumped into Iqbal who asked how our stay was and if there was anything that he or the staff could do to make our stay even better. 10/10 in all areas, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 555Skye
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Me and my wife stayed there for 5 nights, and had a wonderful time. From the time we checked inn till the time we reached airport, everybody tried to make our stay comfortable, the lady at the reception Miss. Maria was a delight to talk to, she made our check in procedure very smooth and helped us a lot.
I would like to mention 2 names who made our stay extra special 1. Mr. Ben who was at the reception and helped us a lot in finding proper roots and other services. he never said no for any help we asked for
2. Mr Soleman our shuttle driver, he made us very comfortable during our transit time till station also when he came us to drop at the Heathrow. He is one the best person i came accross on my complete trip.
If just one issue we had during our stay was that the breakfast served everyday remained the same, now I dont know if this is the culture in europe, but it was something new to me.
All in all I would recommend this hotel if you want leisure holiday and a bit away from london city. but train connectivity and shuttle service till the rail station made it look very simple and hassle free.
Thank You for the wonderful stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for a romantic break. The hotel itself is fab and very trendy and modern, rooms are huge, shower amazing etc but the location itself does leave a little to be desired. Yes there is the Thames on one side but they don't mention the surrounding area with a Jewson builders merchants next door and a big yellow storage opposite. In my opinion, they have built a lovely hotel in an area that hasn't caught up yet. The transport links by train are time consuming, you have either a 10 min walk to Clapham junction (or wait for the courtesy bus) and then get the overland to West Brompton and change for the District line to get onto the tube network or alternatively a taxi ride over the river into Chelsea (about £15 each way). I guess this is why the prices are a little lower but taxi fares add £30 a day so take that into consideration. We found an Oyster card a very essential addition to travel! We enjoyed our stay and found the hotel very comfortable but would probably stay somewhere a little more convenient next time.

Room Tip: Avoid anything with an 'urban view'!
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very high tech clean hotel. Staff very friendly. It's a little out of the way but that's what I wanted! Great view of the helipad and also soundproofed. Even has a library! The suites are huge with separate dining area and hot tub. Very good for the price.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I went here for my birthday and stayed the night. This hotel is great!! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone.

The room-the room was clean, tidy and immaculate condition. First of all there was huge space and the layout of the room was great. Me and my girlfriend stayed in the top room and it was worth every penny. This place made my birthday! The bed was comfy and the surround sound for music was brilliant. I can't express how good this place is.

The bathroom- our en-suite was perfect. We opted for the jacuzzi bath which I could of spent all day in. Again very clean and very good space. Very modern with high tech equipment in the room. The surround sound in the bathroom again was great.

The bar-the bar was ideal for a quiet drink with my partner and a few mates. Bartender was good and friendly! Also we had the choice of what music we wanted to listen to which was ideal for the type of night we was having.

The food-I cannot express how good the food was, I had the steak and it was cooked to perfection! Again fast and prompt service aswell.

I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone. The outside view of the river was another plus side to this hotel and the service was excellent. They catered to everything we needed and was fast on service.