“Great hotel with amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #292 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Great hotel with amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The rooms are fantastic value for London. All the features are of a high standard and the rooms are very spacious. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. I had a very tasty curry with duck to start. The food is contemporary British. I think if you go when the hotel is quieter you can get some really good offers so you can just go and stay for a night even if you live in London and feel like escaping. I Highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Polish first
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here overnight and had a lovely time. We phoned the hotel from Clapham Common and the shuttle bus picked us up 15 mins later so prompt, curteous service. However, I think I would suggest the tube to Victoria and then the 170 bus goes straight to the hotel. (and vice versa for getting into town- the hotel is a wee bit far out but that's reflected in the price.) On arrival, (the lobby is a bit strange...what is the sparkly chain thing?), we were given an upgrade to a room with a Thames view which was great. A big room, huge bed, crazy massive shower and floor to ceiling windows. Unfortunately it had taken us quite a time to get to the hotel so we weren't able to relax before we had to be off- I wish we had got there earlier as a stroll by the Thames might have been nice. Anyway, a good nights sleep, no sounds whatsoever from other rooms but a bit of road noise and I think City airport must be quite close as planes could be easily heard. The rooms are dark and that does make applying make up difficult- I ignored the fact that there are appartments and niehbours and kept the blinds up and curtains open just to get light in- sorry neighbours if you had to see me making myself respectable!! The shower cubical also leaked and my discarded jeans got soaking wet, hurray for the hairdryer!! I probably should have told the reception but it was so busy at checkout that I forgot. Breakkie is a buffet and so overindulgence was the order of the day...I would have liked hot milk to be served with coffee but perhaps they would have done this had I asked. (but perhaps for 5 star I shouldnt have to ask..?) So all in all a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Thames view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I visited this hotel for the first time on 27/12/2013 and fell in love with the place. I got a good deal and paid £108 for a great room with a semi-view of the Thames. The price included unlimited access of the spa (small steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and resistance pool) for both days we were there and the use of the shuttle service to and from the local train stations. The staff really tried to help us with any queries that we had and we had a very relaxing night away.

The only thing we can fault is the location of the hotel. Despite being aware of the distance from central London before booking, we did not appreciate just how far away the hotel is from restaurants, bars and other entertainment. We had to book the shuttle service, a taxi or walk to the station in order to get anywhere. Despite this inconvenience, I would advise against using the hotel's own restaurant as it is quite expensive and better food can be found only a 5 minute taxi journey away.

To try and make up for the poor location, the hotel could maybe invest in another restaurant or two on-site or offer telephone numbers for local restaurants which deliver. The spa could also be improved; while it is incredibly relaxing, it is a bit small and could be made bigger. A small swimming pool would also greatly improve the spa.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay and have recently stayed here again for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Be careful when looking at the more expensive rooms. Some of them are aimed at families and therefor...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my fiancée'a birthday through Laterooms we were originally going to stay on the 9th and 10th of April but decided because we were down visiting my fiancée's daughter and grand daughter that we would only stay for the one night!
I phoned laterooms and sorted it they assured me everything was fine and was for the 10th like we had arranged they sent me the wrong conformation email I had to phone again to change this to correct it!
When we arrived at Rafayell hotel Maria the woman that dealt with us was fantastic so helpful and absolutely amazing. The room was gorgeous the jacuzzi was amazing!
We tried to catch Maria this morning before we checked out but she wasn't available unfortunately but I hope you read this and we hope you will still be there on our return!
Highly recommended well worth the money and the stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rafayel on the Left Bank is a fabulous mix of style, modernity and eastern mysticism. The room was generous, clean and very comfortable. The restaurant was excellent in quality and vista though a little pricey. The service is spot on - they do pick up from Clapham junction and Clapham common which worked out well. Did not use the gym so can;t comment. I will definitely be staying here again - its class.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely hotel and setting. We had a Nile Suite which was very spacious with a Jacuzzi in the room. Valet underground parking was great. Cocktails and food superb. Transfers to Clapham Junction was easy (5 mins away)
Very good hotel, we will return the next time we feel we need to spoil ourselves.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a suite, definately worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel and spa, the views are beautiful. A lovely lady named Sanya who's service was beyond helpful and friendly. We relaxed in our beautiful room and took in some of the most breathtaking London views. In the evening we attended enjoyed cocktails in a relaxing peaceful atmosphere we bumped into Iqbal who asked how our stay was and if there was anything that he or the staff could do to make our stay even better. 10/10 in all areas, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends