We booked because we had a day planned at Royal Ascot and the hotel was reasonably priced, had good write ups on here and offered a shuttle service to/from Clapham Junction for the train to Ascot.
We telephoned to arrange to be picked up at Clapham Rail station 30 minutes before we new our arrival time only to be passed around and finally told they were very busy but would phone back to confirm. They didn't. On arrival at Clapham rail station we phoned again. This time we were told that the earliest that they could pick us up would be in 35 minutes but that if we got on the 170 bus it would drop us just outside the hotel.
Not a good start but at least our room was ready. The room had a large entrance foyer, huge bathroom with brilliant power shower, plenty of space to make drinks and change in but the bed was cramped in a corner surrounded on 2 sides by full length glass windows overlooking the car park entrance and main road. We would have loved it if the view was of palm trees by the ocean but Lombard Road? The windows were not even 1 way glass - we checked. Loads of unusable space but nowhere to sit and relax.
The shuttle to/from Clapham rail station for our day at Ascot worked ok except that we were advised to book the 9.00 am shuttle service for our 9:28 train. We changed it to 8:30 and were glad we did because it was late leaving the hotel and the roads were clogged with traffic.
We had 1 meal in the restaurant and chose from the cheapest end of the menu. The food was ok. We were a little surprised to find that the bottle of Pinot G was more expensive here than the same bottle was at Ascot racecourse.
Breakfast was good. Buffet style with everything you'd expect and all freshly cooked. They cook your eggs to order but straight away so if you want cereals/fruit 1st then order your eggs after.
Didn't try the spa facilities.
No 170 bus is convenient for Victoria and stops right outside the hotel.
Not so good:
Probably wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London