My husband and I stayed one night here as we needed somewhere to stay after a visit to the theatre. When we arrived at reception we were met with a warm welcome and we were told that we were being upgraded to the junior suite. The junior suite was absolutely massive! It was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. No noise at all. The only thing that lets this hotel down is the"spa". It's not very big and it desperately needs to be replaced. When we got to the third floor it took us about 5 minutes to find a member of staff to give us towels. It took us a few minutes to get the jacuzzi bubbling as the buttons didn't work properly. The stream room is a cheap shower cubicle that seems to be powered by a kettle. It doesn't stay steamy for very long and just goes cold before it gets hot and steamy again. The sauna also wasn't very hot. We put quite a lot of water on the coals but it was pretty pointless. We gave up in the end and felt a bit cheated by the whole spa experience. We chose to stay here on the basis that the hotel had a steam room and a sauna. It just isn't up to scratch in that department. A real let down. Nice rooms but you don't expect to stay in a place like this and be let down by the facilities. Upon entering this hotel and looking at it from the outside it gives a certain impression. One expects it to give it throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London