My family (wife & 3 yr old) just spent 9 days in the Rafayel hotel during the last week in April. Overall I was very impressed. A few things still need ironing out but overall this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We had an Amazon suite with a city view (room 206 overlooking Lombard Rd, Battersea and in the distance you could see Battersea power station). We got the intro rates of 165 a night which was a great deal - I'm not sure i'd spend full rack rate though. Some general comments I have are:
Location - Right on the Thames river at the Battersea heliport overlooking the Thames & Chelsea. We loved the location but we are very familiar with Battersea and specifically looked to stay in the area away from the tourists. Bus 170 stops right out side the hotel with will take you into Victoria station. Clapham Junction is only 10 mins away too.
Restaurant - Very chic with an asian/indian fusion type menu. Typically priced as most business hotels are for dinner. We didn't eat dinner hear however my daughter & I had breakfast here a number of times and really enjoyed watching the helicopters land and the view of the Thames/Chelsea. 10 quid for a continential breakfast - about as expected for a business or high end hotel.
Room - ours was huge for England/Europe. 500+ sqft with a huge bathroom. Nice bath with a TV + shower as well. The sleeping/work area was very spacious and very comfortable. the space was worth losing a river view for because our daugther had lots of room to play in. Great blinds in the room - they overlap so all light is blocked out which lets you sleep when you want to. Very quiet too - only a bit of noise through the door as at most hotels. I saw the smaller rooms too and they were quite spacious for London/Euro rooms although a bit small for North American standards.
Gym/Spa - didn't use the facilities so can't comment although there appears to be a lot of equipment in the gym.
Staff - were exceptional. Always very friendly and helpful. Anything i asked for was dealt with promptly. The front desk staff was especially great to my little "princess" who loved the attention. The one knock I'd have was the cleaning staff did a little too good a job. They would put things away on you like clothes left out and toiletries. Not a big deal but a little over the top.
All in all i'd stay here again in a minute. Loved everything but the "extra" packing the cleaning staff did for us. If you are adventurous at all or want to be out of the tourist crowds don't be afraid of the location. Get an oyster card & take the bus or walk the 30 minutes to Sloan Square & take a tube.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London