Well hubby and I decided we wanted a few days away South of the river and decided to browse the net to see what was available. Well as someone who loves luxury we came across this 5 star hotel in Battersea. I had never heard of it before and delved deeper to find it was a new ECO hotel opened from December 2009. Well why not try it but first see if they have any accessible rooms. To our pleasure they had the Amazon room which we said yes to and hoped that when we arrived it really was accessible. With that I meant accessible shower with rails and seat. Some say they are when alas they are not...
The taxi came for us and we set about our journey to Lombard Road the taxi driver had never heard of this hotel and it didn't even show on their maps but by keeping a look out we finally found it. The Hotel is in a tower block over many floors but the Hotel only takes up 3 of those floors the rest are apartments.
The staff were very friendly and we made our way to the room. It was very pleasing to the eye.. large clean and smelt very very fresh. The bathroom was spacious and had a very lovely smelling hand and shower gel and hand cream. The shower was a wheel in shower with a door that opened in a couple of angles The only thing we did tell the owner was that a handrail would be a good idea in this area for a disbaled person that could also stand but was shaky on their legs like my husband and Mr Latif agreed made a note and told us that he would make sure on our next visit it would be there.. :))
The 2nd day we had to ask the housekeeping to clean our room as at 4pm it had still not been done but it was soon remedied once we informed reception.
Well We will definately be staying again and the courtesy bus to Clapham Junction or Clapham Common is a bonus and they will pick you up if you call them up to a certain time...It used to take you to Sloane Square but traffic and bridge closures has halted this at this time.
Once again Thanks to the great staff and see you all again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London