If i were visiting London only once, I would be disappointed if I chose this hotel because of it's location. It is probably great for birthday and weddding celebrations but not for tourists to London who may want to stoll around in the evening and enjoy one of London's "village" areas.
There are lots of nice touches to this hotel but it feels new and unco-ordinated. The bathroom was LOVELY and the room nicely decorated and very clean.
Valet parking - it's great to have parking under a London hotel and not pay extra but give plenty of warning when you want your car back. We asked for ours so we could load our bags and have a quick breakfast. It was suggested we leave our bags, have breakfast and the car would be ready when we were back. It wasn't.
Breakfast - was OK - fresh fruit, cereal, bread to toast. We ordered eggs but they didn't arrive.
The previous night's celebration debris was stacked up outside the windows and spoiled what should be a great location on the River.
Hoardes ( Ok - a bit of an exageration) of staff seemed to be hanging around the reception desk doing nothing in particular - this may be OK for Saturday staff in a high street sports shop but isn't in keeping with the rather nice fixtures and fittings and care that has been put into designing this hotel.
The bus service opposite the hotel is great - go left towards Sloane Square. The helipad on the other side of the hotel is a noisy nuisance, unless you are arriving by helicopter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London