Twas our first time to travel to London (and UK), and Hotel Rafayel was the 3rd of 4 hotels we stayed in. But it was the best one we've booked so far. Checking in was fast; reception was friendly. Room was very very spacious -- we took the Niles suite (partial view of the Thames, but with the jacuzzi). The bathroom was huge, more like bigger than other bedrooms of other hotels. There were laminated instructions for the use of the jacuzzi and the shower. Shampoo and conditioner was lovely and unlimitted. There's a tv facing the jacuzzi, on the dining room and in the bedroom. So much space for the luggage. A soft comfortable sofa. The bed was really comfy and pillows very very soft. There's free wi-fi in the room!
Distance or location was not really a problem, contrary to what others say. There's a bus 170 that stops a few meters from the hotel entrance. This bus heads to Victoria, passing by Chelsea (and the famous Chelsea Physic Garden). Or, you can cross the street and take the same 170 bus to Clapham Junction, where the tube as well as the Southern trains are (we took the train to visit Hever Castle). For those not comfortable with the bus, one can book/reserve a seat in the free shuttle that goes to Clapham Junction -- but you have to wait 30 minutes.
We only had in-room breakfast in the hotel, and they start serving at 630am. Bakery basket was generous. Coffee was not bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Lastminute and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London