“NICE LONDON PUB”

The Sawyers Arms Restaurant
Ranked #2,590 of 23,677 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We are a cozy corner pub right by Paddington station. We boast a lovely dinning and/or function space upstairs and lively atmosphere downstairs. We have three big TV's where you can enjoy a good game with your friends. On a sunny day you can take advantage of our outside tables. Or if you're a rain lover you can still sit and watch the world go by under the protective awnings safe from getting wet. We are always happy to welcome you!
Reviewed 29 September 2013

On our three nights in London, we decided to try Sawyers for dinner. We all had fish and chips and beer. We were not disappointed. The bar was busy, but not overly so. On our next visit it was happy hour time after work very busy and could not get a table. We went to a sister pub across the street, but was not the same. Sawyers was worth the stop.
Jerry The K in Ct. U.S.A.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Three of us ate here and the food was excellent, homemade burgers, ham was excellent too. Drinks a but pricey but then this us London! Would come again.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

The first time we visited this pub we had a fairly good experience, but on our second time it wasn't good. I brought two drinks that came well under ten pounds but I only had twenty pound notes on me as this was what the cash machine gave out, and when I paid for the drinks with a twenty note, I wasnt given enough money back. When I queried it I was told that I had given a ten pound note so they took the till away and counted it within a short space of time and said that the till balanced. They said they have cameras but wouldn't show me the footage, so clearly hiding something. They said call the police but we were in a hurry to get our last train home out of London and didn't follow it up. My advise is pay by card if you use this pub.

I was with a group of friends and we won't be going back to this pub, so they have just lost 10 customers.

3  Thank Readingfcboi
Reviewed 8 May 2013

A quick lunch with a friend during visit to London and he chose this location even though he had not been there before.
Clean, friendly, comfortable and convenient with good basic pub menu which met our expectations and all for reasonable price.
We both had fish - I had the Battered Haddock was good hearty food. Lovely piece of fresh haddock lightly had battered with tartare sauce, mushy peas and fries. Well cooked and presented.
Lots of competition in the area and maybe that is what ensures good standard.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This restaurant is close to the Paddington Hilton (easy walking distance) and has a good selection of sandwiches and pub standards, including bangers & mash (we ate every bite). Also tried the mozzarella/tomato ciabatta -- good, fresh, and hearty. The best part of Sawyers is that it is a relaxing place to eat -- has several small sitting areas to eat that feel like a small personal living room. Good food, nice place to sit and relax.