“Continues to be ace!”

and 1 more site!
Dean Street Townhouse
Ranked #235 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This was our 3rd stay a Dean St Town House.

For us, everything is just perfect. Look at the website - it is honest, clear and simple. A chain hotel this certainly is not - and that's why we love it so much.

This continues to be our go-to hotel.

Fab, fab, fab!!!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room at the back
2  Thank Littlejohn

Reviewed 27 June 2011

The Dean Street Townhouse in Dean Street (there are other London locations in the chain) is smallish, and looks like a gentlemen's club - which it is, in part. Very friendly and helpful staff, complimentary Cowshed products and well set up rooms all help. There is an excellent (but not cheap) restaurant, and staff will help you with a booking. We loved the honest description of their budget room as "Tiny" (it did look tiny, so we chose Small - it was very suitable). Dean Street links Soho, Chinatown & the West End with Trafalgar Square and further on to Covent Garden, and it was fantastic to be able to saunter down to St Martins in the Fields for a free lunchtime concert. There are two Underground stations within easy walking distance. Not cheap, but in London, well worth it. Warning: we booked & paid for a ride in on the Heathrow Express. It doesn't open until 8.00am and we had an early flight. Plus you can get a normal tube at a third the price (and 3 times the trip duration.)

Room Tip: Choose Tiny if you don't mind a shoebox.
1  Thank Fell0w_Traveller49
Reviewed 25 June 2011

i'll admit i do read gwyneth's goop newsletter, which referred me to this hotel. it was the perfect hotel for me as i was traveling solo. the various areas of the hotel smelled amazing, probably because of the aromatic lit candles. the service was also exceptional. for a small hotel they definitely went out of their way for me. i bought too many souvenirs to comfortably carry in my duffle and they got me a box and shipped everything to the US for me - it arrived with no problems. the room was small but i was expecting small, and i was hardly ever there anyway so it was perfectly fine. room and bathroom were very clean. it was such a great find that i would absolutely stay there again in london as well as their sister hotel in berlin, should i find myself there in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have been looking for a good basic hotel in London for a long time. But I have dealt with two problems. Either they are tipping the 300 pound mark, or they are so cheap and terrible you wont recommend it even to your worst enemy. I was recommended this hotel by friends who has stayed here several times, but after my last experience in LOndon I was sceptical. BUT: There was no need..I had ordered a small room, and the hotel was to y great surprise, bigger than I expected- I had also made a note on me not wanting a noisy romm, which was also taken care of. And the the pleasant surprieses just kept on coming: The bathroom was stacked with full-size COWSHED beauty products, not to mention that evety thing else also was taken care of: toothbrus,tootpaste, q-tips, combs, and what not. Water is stacked in the minibar free of charge- also some lovely cookies if you care for a cup of tea. I must say that this was the nicest surprise Ive had in London for a while, and I have been in London 30 times the last years. Will for sure come back for more- and next time not for business solely.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank moccamocca
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I first read about this hotel in a travel magazine while I was planning my trip to London and it sounded too good to be true. I just stayed there for the past five nights and it could not have been more wonderful.

It is beautiful, inside and out. The lobby is very welcoming (and smells great). I had a "small" room, but it was anything but small. It was a very decent size, I did not feel cramped whatsoever. The bed was massive and extremely comfortable. There are several small touches which made it even better - heated towel rods, great Cowshed bath products, free water and cookies in the room. The only problem was that the room was facing the street and it can get pretty loud at night - but everything closes at midnight, so it's not all night. But everything else completely made up for that. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, arranging everything from dinner reservations to car service and taxis. I always felt like I was being taken care of.

If you're looking to be in the middle of everything, this is the perfect hotel. The location is incredible. The prices cannot be beat...I paid around $230/night. I will definitely be staying here again, I had a thoroughly enjoyable and pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank erc421
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Just spent three nights in a medium room and I have to say that this was the best hotel I have stayed at in London. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful. The room was spotless and everything that you could possibly want was there. The bed was so comfortable which allowed three good nights of sleep. Noise was not a problem and we were at the front on Dean Street. Great location. We will be back

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank Travellingsteven
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We recently stayed in a medium room at Dean Street and couldn't have been more pleased. The hotel staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel was also in a great area, plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else while in London.

2  Thank Jestrada13