“Pearl 'n' Dean”

Ranked #129 of 1,063 Hotels in London
cvguru
“Pearl 'n' Dean”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Being slightly three sheets to the wind, I decided to stay a night at Dean St Townhouse for Saturday night and it was a pleasure from beginning to end. The staff here are amazing and very professional as well as being fun to interact with.

Attention to detail is paramount in this temple of sensuous delights. The hotel, restaurant and bar are full of beautiful people who inhabit this salubrious hotel smack bang in the middle of Soho and all of the action.

I stayed in Room 13 which was lucky for me and truly a delight - the bed was a four poster that was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, with tons of pillows and cushions. The special extras and treats went on forever and all of the toiletries in the beautiful Victorian styled bathroom comprised every conceivable lotion, potion and then some - even condoms! Well we are in Soho.

The restaurant and bar were great and I had a fierce craic all night talking to the numerous interesting and beautiful customers. The staff were very attentive and good fun to engage with too. I enjoyed several libations and particularly liked the bitter served in old fashioned pint pots that I remember fondly from the 1970s.

The food was also spectacular, I had fish 'n' chips which were a cut about the usual fare you would find in most other places. Breakfast the following morning was sublime with the full English served with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh strong Cafe Americano but the choice was very impressive and exhaustive.

I met a woman in the lift going up to my room and she was as equally impressed as me, by the hotel that is, not me or my nefarious services.

Whoever came up with the concept, the design, the delivery and the execution of what must be nigh on a perfect inn of hospitality and comfort must be a genius or a very clever man/woman.

Personally I can't wait until my next visit and if this were a Pearl and Dean cinema commercial, it would be the corniest one of them all, meaning the best.

Room Tip: Room 13 is very lucky for some!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cvguru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

First cover on for the lead Frankie Valli.Mr Ben Jennings! He controlled the show from start to end! Fabulous voice! A leading man if ever I saw one! Can't believe his falsetto was spot on, just as good as the real Frankie in his hey day! Stalls were great with polite ushers! Great night out! Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon C
London, England
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We visited the bar ahead of a night at the theatre, slick and efficient staff, great choice of drinks served with the freshest, best tasting olives I have yet to find. Had a quick flick through the food menu and will return to eat here when next in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesHLondon_England
Sarasota
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is on a busy street in the heart of London. Soho is a busy and exciting part of town near Chinatown and the theater district. It is in the middle of it all. We arrived mid day and were escorted to our room by a friendly member of the staff. She showed us around, made us a cappuccino and provided milk for my 2.5 year old daughter. We immediately felt at home. The room was small but the bed was large. That night we snuggled in and watched one of the children's dvds the receptionist provided. She also brought my daughter some milk and cookies and coffee for us. It was so thoughtful! The bath was stocked with fine products and an amazing waterfall shower. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was the most disappointing stay I've had in a hotel all year... but only because I had to check out after one short night! Arriving from Paris on a bitterly cold late afternoon, I was thrilled to find such a cosy room. The shape was a bit odd, with a long corridor, but the space had been used in an imaginative way. The best feature was the bathroom - classy black and white tiles, underfloor heating and an enormous shower capable of holding about 10 people (which I expect it has on several occasions, given the Soho location..). There were also numerous lovely "Cow Shed" products to choose from, including - I think - 5 different shower gels! The bed was also a delight; the kind that you sink into and never want to leave. Sadly, leave was what I had to do very early the next morning. Sigh.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Edwin and Kitty N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My first time at the town house after a much anticipated wait over the years! We went for brunch on NYD and were not let down by the service, food or atmosphere in this upmarket ( open to all) hotel restaurant & bar. It's often very busy so book in advance, NYD was like a gale so thankfully we got a table with ease. The brunch was well presented, tasty and well priced for location & experience. Brunch for 2 £42 with juice and coffee ( really good coffee). If your not a Londoner this is an experience you must attend to me it highlights the best bits about city living and it's worth every penny! Thank you Dean Street town house, we will be back and remember to book next time! <3

Room Tip: We did not stay, this review is for Brunch ONLY.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank short-life-big-world
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I have been here on many occasions, luckily. Plus I have been here for business lunches and we also visit with our three children. We booked the private dining room for my husbands 40th also as we love it. Thee food is always gorgeous, drinks good, its quite laid back, the staff are good, and the atmosphere is always good. It's good service in a fab location, I've had most things on the menu, their roast is very good! The hotel is also wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family