“Lived up to the hype”

Ranked #138 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Brooklyn, New York
“Lived up to the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I traveled to London for our first time this past January. We did not have any idea where to stay both location in London and hotel. The dean street townhouse was highly recommended by a friend who travels to London often. It was AMAZING. Located close to Piccadilly Circus and great restaurant and nightlife, it was exactly what we were looking for. The room we stayed in was great and the staff was unbelievable. My wife surprised me with tickets to a soccer match and had them delivered to the hotel and the front desk was great in accepting them and keeping them a surprise. When we go back to London, we'll definitely be staying there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marco p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Greek first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

I came here last week with a friend of mine and found the venue to be wonderful. The menu is concise but varied, hardly expensive fare for London either. I opted for the devilled kidneys to start (bravely, since I've never enjoyed kidneys in the past, but thought I'd try something different) and they were stunning; flavoursome, tender, just lovely. After, I had the chicken with pigs in blankets and potatoes and it was just divine - the chicken was cooked perfectly, the sides were too good. I couldn't fault the meal at all, nor the wine my friend ordered, nor the attentive service, which was never irritating or suffocating. The ambiance was gorgeous, plush and warm. Can't wait to come back another day and dine here again, or even just pop in for a drink!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

A great restaurant in central London with a traditional but exciting menu. Food, service, and atmosphere all as good as one could hope and comes highly recommended. Only potential consideration is the background noise - it is fairly bustling so might not suit a large group who want to have conversations up and down the table. Perfect for a romantic meal for 2

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
cvguru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Being slightly three sheets to the wind, I decided to stay a night at Dean St Townhouse for Saturday night and it was a pleasure from beginning to end. The staff here are amazing and very professional as well as being fun to interact with.

Attention to detail is paramount in this temple of sensuous delights. The hotel, restaurant and bar are full of beautiful people who inhabit this salubrious hotel smack bang in the middle of Soho and all of the action.

I stayed in Room 13 which was lucky for me and truly a delight - the bed was a four poster that was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, with tons of pillows and cushions. The special extras and treats went on forever and all of the toiletries in the beautiful Victorian styled bathroom comprised every conceivable lotion, potion and then some - even condoms! Well we are in Soho.

The restaurant and bar were great and I had a fierce craic all night talking to the numerous interesting and beautiful customers. The staff were very attentive and good fun to engage with too. I enjoyed several libations and particularly liked the bitter served in old fashioned pint pots that I remember fondly from the 1970s.

The food was also spectacular, I had fish 'n' chips which were a cut about the usual fare you would find in most other places. Breakfast the following morning was sublime with the full English served with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh strong Cafe Americano but the choice was very impressive and exhaustive.

I met a woman in the lift going up to my room and she was as equally impressed as me, by the hotel that is, not me or my nefarious services.

Whoever came up with the concept, the design, the delivery and the execution of what must be nigh on a perfect inn of hospitality and comfort must be a genius or a very clever man/woman.

Personally I can't wait until my next visit and if this were a Pearl and Dean cinema commercial, it would be the corniest one of them all, meaning the best.

Room Tip: Room 13 is very lucky for some!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank cvguru
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

First cover on for the lead Frankie Valli.Mr Ben Jennings! He controlled the show from start to end! Fabulous voice! A leading man if ever I saw one! Can't believe his falsetto was spot on, just as good as the real Frankie in his hey day! Stalls were great with polite ushers! Great night out! Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharon C
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We visited the bar ahead of a night at the theatre, slick and efficient staff, great choice of drinks served with the freshest, best tasting olives I have yet to find. Had a quick flick through the food menu and will return to eat here when next in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesHLondon_England
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is on a busy street in the heart of London. Soho is a busy and exciting part of town near Chinatown and the theater district. It is in the middle of it all. We arrived mid day and were escorted to our room by a friendly member of the staff. She showed us around, made us a cappuccino and provided milk for my 2.5 year old daughter. We immediately felt at home. The room was small but the bed was large. That night we snuggled in and watched one of the children's dvds the receptionist provided. She also brought my daughter some milk and cookies and coffee for us. It was so thoughtful! The bath was stocked with fine products and an amazing waterfall shower. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family