The Arch London
US$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$199
US$218
US$197
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$483
US$461
Orbitz.com
1,888 results
All reviewsfree soft drinksoxford streethunter restaurantnespresso machinehyde parksky tvmini bargreat boutiquequiet streetdeluxe roomfresh milkthe general managerwonderful hotelperfect stayafternoon teacentral locationfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Booked deluxe room at this hotel for our 30th Anniversary weekend treat. The hotel met and surpassed our expectations. Beautiful decor throughout the hotel, staff who were friendly and relaxed but also very attentive when needed, a lovely comfy bed, good cocktails,TV in the bath and lots more. We loved it. My only reservation about writing this review at all is that the place might get so popular, we will have difficulty getting a booking next time we go to London. Hope not!

Room Tip: Book through Mr. & Mrs. Smith
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sloth-Family
BeccyGunn, Management at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review and I am delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2011

I took my partner for a Birthday surprise trip to the Arch Hotel, we were astounded with the fantastic quality of this hotel and the amazing service we received.

We checked in and had to leave almost immediately as we were going to see the show "Dirty Dancing", we asked reception to recommend the best route and they helped us.

After a great show and a great evening, we returned to the Arch Hotel to find a complementary bottle of Champagne and a card wishing my partner happy birthday and "Have the time of your life" - (Lyrics from dirty dancing show).
We were overwhelmed with this generous offering and the thoughtfulness of the staff to do this.

Over all, I don’t see why you would stay anywhere else in London, this hotel has everything you need and desire from a top hotel.

- Great Staff
- Immaculately Presented
- Beautiful Rooms
- Wonderful Cafe and Restaurant
- Lovely art around the hotel
- Gym
- Great Breakfast
- There was even a TV in the bathroom.... What more can you want?

I really have skimmed over the top of how great this place is!!

YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!!! Even if just for 1 night!!

Room Tip: Take tea in the cafe! the Jing teas are great!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrforkandspoon
BeccyGunn, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

What an amazing review - thank you! We are all delighted to have helped made your special occasion so memorable and I am glad that you both enjoyed every aspect of the hotel. All of us look forward to welcoming you back soon to the hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

Having stayed at the Arch Hotel for at least 4-5 times now, and having introduced friends and colleagues to it, I have observed since my original glowing review last October, that the service standards have slipped significantly, and some things that were full of promise of being fixed back in the day remain a problem. Last few times, the check in at the front desk has been abysmal. Chaotic, slow, not particularly professional (with the exception of one slightly older staff member who unfortunately not been there on a regular basis), staff discussing amongst themselves whatever problem lays at hand (which generally has absolutely no connection to the person checking in or out) instead of completing one's check in or check out in the most expedient manner. When I first observed it, I have written it off on basis of an "off night", give the hotel beneift of a doubt, but when the situation was just the same the last few times I stayed, I was dismayed. One detail this time I found particularly annoying if not deceptive - it's not the amount, but the principle - I expect that if people ask me on the check in if i would like a paper in the morning, it would be complimentary as it has been in the past - imagine my surprise not only at being given not the paper i asked for on the first day, but to be charged £2 for the paper?! That is poor, The Arch! Either forwarne your customers of the charge so they make an informed decisionk, or revert back to what all the decent establishments offer on complimentary basis. Surely the £290 rack rate would cover such a "luxury"`?

It took absolute ages to locate coat or any other time left in holding, one one ocassion my missing coat took over 22min to be retrieved with taxi waiting outside and flight times tight. Even my favrourite friendly doorman was not on the door!

The screens on Sky TV channels gallore freeze, for some reason my IPod docking station was missing a cable, technician had to come up, fix it, annoying when one is trying to relax in the room. He was apologetic and helpful, but why the IPod system cable should be missing in the firstplace, leave alone not be checked and replaced if missing after each stay, is beyond me. When you had a bath and want to put your music on, last thing you want is people trotting all over your small room.

Now to the distinction between stanard, superior, deluxe etc. To be quite frank, I dont see ANY difference. Stayed in deluxe on this ocassion, it was no different really. Still dont understand the price differentiation. Two things still not fixed - godawful huge lumps of whatever pillows (luckily i remembered to ask for feather ones, which although really flat, allowed some sleep comfort, my friends did not know any better and did not have pillows replaced ending up with headaches for the rest of the stay due to sore neck. As to the Aircon, it's rather appaling that months and months after the various stays, and pointing out the issue with it, it is still not fixed. It's stifling hot, even if you turn it down to 17C, no effect. My friends had identical problems on the 4th and 5th floors. The only tolerable option left - sleep with open windows, provided it's not too freezing outside, or like me, be woken up by the 5.30am noise of the city waking up.

Breakfast quality is still very good, and dinner was similarly impressive with lamb shank tasty, oysters fresh, corkage of £15 for special wine tolerable, service to high stanard but the operation seems understaffed. A real change since just October. I am rethinking my declarations of this being my new London base, I think I will have to swallow my pride and go back to my usual haunt of Sofitel St James, which though without bells and whistles and conveniences of The Arch, such as Ipod station and the TV screens whilst you have a bath, is always reliable on the service front. I really like Hunter 486 restaurant at The Arch, and it didnt disappoint on the last 4-5 ocassions, nor has their super martini collection, but I do not see coming out all the way here unless i was staying at the hotel. Shame really.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank l-globetrotter

Thank you for posting such an honest review and although I am naturally disappointed to read the comments I would like to thank you for taking the time to write. I have now discussed all the points raised and would like to assure you that we have implemented a full staff service training programme to address these shortcomings. I was delighted to read that HUNter 486 still does not disappoint and very much hope that you will return to the Arch London to see the improvements we are working so hard on in both service and room standards.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

I arranged only one night at the Arch for my wife's birthday although i wish we had stayed longer. I've stayed in some of the world's best hotels and this ranks right up there with them. Every feature in the room was of the highest quality, from the bed linen to the bath products. I could not fault a single thing. The staff were extremely polite, courteous and attentive, the decor stunning, the facilities first rate. I couldn't reccommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaminp

Thank you very much for posting such a great review and for trusting us with such an important date. I am delighted that you rank us so highly and I very much look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights in Novemeber 2010. Fantastic location, just minutes from Oxford Street. I can not fault this hotel, we were warmly greeted by the reception staff and received a surprise upgrade to a deluxe room. The decor throughout the hotel is fresh ,cosy and appeares very well maintained. The bed was exceptionally comfortable,all in all the room was beautiful and very quiet. We had a both lunch and bar food in the restuarant, food was tasty and good value. The bar is very cosy with small intimate areas if you wish to use them. All the staff we met have the perfect balance of friendliness without being over familiar. We will definately stay at the Arch again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting such a fabulous review. I am delighted that you enjoyed every part of your stay and we now look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London.