“Great location, lots to like about The Arch”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is probably a tale of two halves. We stayed here twice during June and had quite different experiences. I was raving about this hotel to anyone who would listen after our first week there. Great rooms - we booked an Executive King which was very well appointed. I love that they have free wifi and soft drinks. The location is sensational, really close to Oxford Street and (perhaps ore importantly) Marylebone High Street. Staff were incredibly attentive and friendly. Only downside was breakfast. Don't bother, there are better meals to be had elsewhere. Fast forward a week when we return for one night. Staff couldn't have been less attentive. We had booked a Deluxe King as the Executive rooms were fully booked and were very disappointed with the room size. Still, I'd recommend this hotel but have tempered my enthusiasm somewhat given the very different service experience over two separate stays.

1  Thank marniemac
BeccyGunn, Management at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you taking the time to write such an honest account of your 2 visits to the Arch London. I am of course delighted by your comments regarding your first visit but very disappointed to read about the service level you experienced the second time. As you can appreciate the hotel is a collection of 7 townhouses which mean that each of our rooms at the Arch London are very different and as you would expect do vary in size because of this. I would like to assure you that we continually look at the service offered at the hotel and have this month retrained all the staff on the Front Desk. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,805)

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Convenient location, not far from Marble Arch tube, or a short taxi journey from St Pancras. Very bright clean and modern, clearly designed to appeal to business clients. Reception even gave me a quick tour of the main facilities in the hotel.

Room was very comfortable, with all the expected mod cons (nespresso, DVD, LCD TV etc). Maintained well and condidering the proximity to central London, quite quiet. The room was next to the lifts, but this didn't produce the expected noise, so was fine.

Drinks service in the bar was a little slow but acceptable. Dinner was good quality, well presented and plenty of choice, again service could have been a little more attentive, but acceptable.

Breakfast was very good, a feast of choice, well provided, and all very good quality.

All together, an imperfect but very reasonable stay on a central location. Price-wise, it was in line with similar establishments (e.g. Hotel 41), and acceptable value. We would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
BeccyGunn, Management at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Thank you for posting such an honest review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and will be back. I have passed on your comments regarding the restaurant and bar service to the team and they have asked me to send their apologises for the shortcomings in service. We are, however, pleased that you enjoyed the food particularly the quality and presentation. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The Arch London was a comfortable hotel in a good location, just a minute walk from Oxford street and the Marble Arch Tube station. The staff was helpful and rooms were pleasant, if a little on the small side. The bathrooms were quite nice. I had booked the room as part of my husband's 50th birthday present and the manager left us a bottle of champagne to celebrate, which was a treat The only experience that was unpleasant was when we ordered room service after 10pm and a salad came up with rotten lettuce throughout, the staff was very apologetic but I might think twice before eating at their restaurant. Overall the Arch London was lovely.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such an honest review of your recent stay. Naturally I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding the quality of the Room Service food and would like to assure that we have taken this comment very seriously and that this is certainly not the normal quality sent to rooms. I am, however, delighted that overall you found the Arch to be a lovely hotel and thank you for trusting us with such an important birthday. I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I first stayed in this hotel in April 2011 and subsequently returned in end May for 2 separate trips. The service remained consistent during my stay and the staff is friendly and helpful.
What I loved most was Hunter (restaurant) where I had some of the best food in London. The menu is not extensive, however, the ingredients used tasted like it was fresh from the farm. This is also the 1st time that I had vegetable soup in the hotel restaurant where the vegs were cooked al dente and crunch. The chefs were also very accommodating changing items in the menu.
Did I mention the rooms - beautifully designed and comfortable with the feathered quilts, great TV channels and best of all, excellent internet connection.
This has become my favourite hotel in London!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
BeccyGunn, Management at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank for writing such a great review and we are deligthed to know that we are your favourite hotel in London. I know that Shane Pearson, our Head Chef, will be so pleased to read that you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and indeed we are very proud to make all our own bread, jams, chocolates and work with locally sourced suppliers to ensure the fresh quality of our ingredients. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in London and

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We forgot to book a hotel for the weekend of Chelsea Flower show & Champions League , so everywhere (our usual hotels )was booked !
Found this little boutique hotel in " Small Luxury hotels of the World" brochure and what a find !!
From the minute I called the staff were SO helpful , and called back with a cancellation for us.
Really impressed from the moment we arrived , lovely modern & funky decor, great bar & restaurant ,so convenient for Oxford street and wonderful staff from the doorman to the barman.
Often stay at Savoy & Intercontinental , up there with them .
Love the dining booth with curtains ... so private !

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for trusting us with your weekend and I am delighted that we were able to book you in at the last minute and that you had such a great stay. We are very proud of the hotel and it is always lovely to hear from our guests who enjoy every aspect of their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Thank you fellow Tripadvisors for putting The Arch Hotel on the map for us!

We had originally only planned one night at the hotel, but were so comfortable, happy and luxuriated, we stayed for another. The hotel is really great. The refurbished Georgian Townhomes turned hotel did not feel like an old building that has just been masked over with new furniture. The floors didn't creak, the fixtures worked beautifully and the decor have a brilliant modern British feel.

We had King Deluxe room and LOVED the amenities. Free wi-fi, free water juice and milk for our multiple Nespresso coffees we made throughout our stay. The room was spacious and well designed for London/Europe - especially the bathroom with its Malin + Goetz products and powerful waterfall shower. We didn't use the tub, but loved that the option to watch telly while having a hot bath was an option. The king size bed was a true king (not 2 singles put together) and was SO comfortable. I looooved the bedding too - great pillows!

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We had a problem with the TV and stopped an employee in the hall. He came in, fixed it quickly and was very nice about it. We had breakfast downstairs, and while expensive, we enjoyed the ease of rolling out of bed and sitting downstairs in a pretty restaurant while we read the paper left at our door.

It's more expensive than staying at the Hoxton (one of our faves too), but far more luxurious. It felt like a 5 star property and was half the price of staying at other luxury hotels. Worth every pound converted to every dollar and a half (+).

We come to London at least once a year to see family and will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a positive and great review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be so luxurious and the staff so helpful. I am sorry that you had an issue with the television but delighted that the passing staff member could assist you. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are visiting your family.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed for two nights, and cannot recommend this great boutique hotel enough.
It is super clean, very central, with terrific staff who go out of their way to help.
We had a small problem with the air conditioning, which the staff did their best to help with.
They gave us a complimentary dinner for any inconvenience this caused us. This was unexpected, and very generous of the hotel, as it was a minor issue for me.
Please go to this very smart, trendy and delightfully understated hotel. I hope to return, great stay and thank you to all the team at the Arch.

Room Tip: Ask for a street view.