“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #20 of 1,063 Hotels in London
San Francisco, California
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My mother and I recently returned from a trip to London and found the Arch London to be spectacular! The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful with directions, maps and offerings to help us find the perfect events for our day. The interior of the hotel is tasteful and modern, but also warm and inviting. We loved the MarTEAni room as well as the HUNter restaurant decor. (my Mum still tells me that we should have asked for the Hoochie Martini recipe!) Our room was modern and comfortable, new and clean. There were so many complimentary offerings that we couldn't possibly take advantage of all of them! The location is spectacular - an easy walk up the street from the Marble Arch Tube, or the front desk was happy to arrange for any Taxi service that we requested. At your fingertips is terrific London shopping, a great neighborhood to walk in and several parks at your disposal within seconds. It was a spectacular place to stay and I'd visit again when in London. What a gem!

Room Tip: The entire hotel likely has great rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank K S
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
Dear Guest

Fear not, the Hoochie Martini recipe is below, feel free to call us if you need assistance in making one.

Recipe for the Hoochie Martini
In a shaker with ice: 40ml vanilla vodka
15ml apricot brandy
25ml passion fruit puree
10ml lemon juice
2 tea spoon of white sugar
Shake it and serve it in a Martini glass.
Shot of Prosecco on the side.

I hope to personally welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Grant Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Amazing. Thank you Arch.
My husband and I flew from the US to London for three days to take care of a sick relative. This was not a fun trip. What a difference it made to come back, every night to the Arch. The staff was great -- got us into our room early when we came in from the red-eye, took care of our needs -- and the room and space was great -- comfortable, quiet, spacious, attractive, outlets we could use for US electronics, easy to get on wifi, affordable phone rates (needed for calling the nurses and family) we were grateful for the complimentary expresso machine, excellent tea, and juices in the fridge. We were able to have quiet conversations with family friends in the library. The hotel became our home for three days when we really needed a home. It was better than a home, it was a home with staff. This hotel is not super-duper fancy, over-the-top luxury like say the Ritz. But it is luxury in a different, 'you will be taken care of' way. THANK YOU Arch!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Guest

I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay. We strive to achieve a relaxed environment for our clients, ‘’a home with staff’’ is a wonderful way to describe your experience. Be sure to come and visit us in the not too distant future as we would love to welcome you back.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Sadly I was only staying one night in The Arch (although I guess my bank balance is the better for that!) - but it was delightful. The hotel itself is lovely to the extent that the only niggle I had was that the placement of the bathrobes on the back of the bathroom door was inconvenient as it prevented the bathroom door from fully opening and the door "bounced" back as I walked through. But the added extra bonus in this hotel comes from the really friendly staff and a general "up beat" and "can do" attitude. I ate in the restaurant and had a table where I could view the kitchen - so I had entertainment whilst eating. The food was delicious (I highly recommend the saltmarsh lamb). So, other than paying a room rate which was higher than I would normally wish to pay, I would really like to return at some point.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest

What a delight to read your post. Thank you for your comments with regards to our staff, hotel and restaurant. Next visit, I hope that you will have more time to spend at The Arch London.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was looking for a fun modern boutique hotel and the Arch was it! Very modern in decor. Had a great view from my room facing the back side. Having never been to London, it was centrally located and was able to see all the sites in just a short layover.
I had to be up at 4AM to catch a cab to the airport and was assisted with a couple cups of Nespresso. Love the machine in room. Nice touch!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing The Arch London and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels quiet location, Nespresso Coffee Machines & our very modern décor.

I hope to personally welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

israel
Reviewed 4 September 2011

This was our third stay in the Arch and it is as great as ever. The staff is warm and welcoming , getting you into your room within minutes. Everything is impeccable with all the touches of a luxurious home in the center of London. Wish I could take the mattresses home with me as you just sink into delicious sleep. Breakfast and dinner at Hunter 486 is everything you could ask for .Would never stay anywhere else. Thanks to all for a delightful stay

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debzo
Dear Guest

I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us again. I would very much like to meet with you upon your next visit to The Arch London. If you could contact me in advance so that I may personally take care of your booking.

Dunstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and we were not disappointed. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated with lots of high tech gadgets. Nice little touches include choice of pillows, TV in the bathroom and the chance to watch all the oscar winning films for the last 40 years. A wonderful mix of old and new with friendly staff. A real find!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beverly S
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear guest

Such a pleasure to read your comments today with regards to your stay. These have been shared with the team and we can’t wait to welcome you back again to The Arch.

Europe
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed there for three nights with my son on May 2010
We came to see a concert in London and looked for a nice hotel.
The hotel was just opened. Lovely boutique hotel,
The rooms are as in London not very big. We were upgraded to an executive room (don't really know why(
Very nice room, a lot of Hi-Tec facilities, iPod player, TV in bath, Nespresso coffee maker.
Very clean sparkling and new.
The staff were very helpful and courteous.
Breakfast was OK nothing special.
The location is a very quiet street in a beautiful neighborhood 3 min walk from Marble Arch.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WorldTraveller10101
Dear guest

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We like to think that we represent excellent value for money, glad to see you gave us 5 out of 5 stars for your stay. We actually have been open since early 2010 so always great to hear our guests think we are so new. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.