“Great Hotel with Superb Staff”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #21 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We enjoyed our repeat visits to The Arch. The hotel is in an excellent location. The neighborhood is residential, safe and quiet but it's just a short walk to the Tube, Oxford Street, good shops and restaurants. Rooms are typical size for London but very comfortable and well laid out. The Arch provides lots of nice touches, including a Nespresso machine and a mini-fridge with free soft drinks that are refilled during your stay. Our bathroom had a nice size tub with a TV built into the shower wall. The restaurant is very pretty and we really liked the breakfast offerings. While all the amenities are first rate, it is the staff that really makes this place special. They are so warm and go out of their way to ensure your stay is a good one. Even though our last visit was almost a year prior, a few of the staff remembered us and greeted us warmly. We stayed for 3 days at the beginning of our vacation and then on our last night. The staff happily stored a suitcase for us at no charge until our return 2 weeks later. Outstanding! We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: If you join the Club SLH you may get extra perks like a room upgrade and a welcome gift.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2011

This was my first trip to London and I could not have been happier with the hotel. Everything you could ask for - location, technology, staff, amenities. You're able to experience all of London during the day and retreat to your botique hotel in a very desirable neighborhood at night - the best of both worlds. And the beds are as amazing as others have mentioned.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I stayed there this summer. Its a very good location. Just a few minutes walk from Marble Arch, so you can walk to Oxford circus, Regent street etc. From Paddington, its 5-10mins drive, so coming from the airport its also good location.
The room was very cozy and bathroom are clean and convenient. Very nice comfy bed.
Their library bar is chic and modern and they have really nice drinks. We had breakfast there, and their restaurant is nice and foods are quite tasty. I want to stay there when i come back to London again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Great hotel convienently located near the marble arch. Feels like what I want my townhouse to look like if i could afford one. Great, friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Free wifi.

Room Tip: Every room is unique so if you are not thrilled ask to see another room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Dear Guest

We loved your heading so why not let us be your home away from home when you are in London. Thank you for posting a review and I would like to meet you on your next stay. Please feel free to send me your details so I can personally take care of your reservation.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This boutique hotel is a true gem in a great location in the city. The rooms are well done and each room seems to have a charm of its own. The hallways are rather narrow being that the building is very old, but the rooms are clean and everything is updated. The decor, to the tv in the tub/shower to the carpets and curtains it is all tastefully done. If you like hotels that are modern and current/hip and keep the place well maintained this should work for you. There is a certain homely feeling when staying here, not in any B&B way but from the warm welcome to the quaintness and service offered and if you can check out the library for an early or late night drink. Good Internet service throughout the hotel is also a great thing.
If your travels take you to London you need to give this hotel a try. I certainly enjoyed my stay.

Dear Guest

At the hotel we try to create that homely feel so it was nice that you felt that way about your stay. The team are always on hand to assist our guests with all their needs. We to love the library, it's a great space to relax in front of the fire with a nice cocktail..... or two!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

This is a great high tech yet cozy hotel in a great location. My daughter and I stayed here for four nights and loved it. The rooms are beautiful and efficiently organized with ultra comfortable beds and bedding. The bathroom was lovely and spacious with fantastic shower/tub complete with a flat-screen TV...so nice to catch up with the news whilst bathing!The expresso machine in the room made delicious coffee and having access to water and cold drinks or juice is a fabulous touch. The other electronic things were great and worked great: TV, sound system, lighting, AC, etc. The room was super quiet. The furniture and the art in the public spaces were well selected and added to the sophisticated yet welcoming ambiance. The restaurant was amazing and lived up to all of the excellent reviews. I wished we had had time to linger in the library because it looked like a treasure...maybe next time. The staff was so helpful at every level. I look forward to another stay at The Arch London

Room Tip: The rooms in the back where we are are bound to be more quiet, but there is not a vew.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tmhmimi

Dear Guest

Gadgets are important, especially the high tech ones! Thank you for your review and this has been shared with the team who really appreciate when our clients comment on our service.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2011

I recently stayed at The Arch while in London for a large convention. It was recommended to me by colleagues who had stayed there last year. The Arch has a boutique feel, but all of the amenities that you would expect from a larger property. My room had a nice view of the street and some very attractive residences across the way. The hotel front desk was friendly and were able to accommodate my early check-in request. Much appreciated after flying overnight from Miami. I sat in the lounge and enjoyed a cappuccino for about 10 minutes and was nicely greeted with my room keys and a smile. The guestrooms here aren't huge; but that's to be expected in London. Despite size, the rooms here are magnificent. They are modern, yet comfortable. The bathrooms have great bath amenities and even feature a mini-flat screen TV in the bathtub! While I didn’t have the time to enjoy a bath, I thought this was pretty unique. My room had an espresso machine and tea kettle, which was very convenient in the mornings. Mini fridge is stocked daily and some items are even complimentary (juices, milk). Complimentary wireless internet was a HUGE plus and I had no issues getting online and the speed was good. Having a N. America electrical outlet in the room was also a nice surprise…and a relief! Close walk to Oxford Street where there are plenty of shops, restaurants and the underground is easily accessible (5-10 minute walk). I would definitely return to The Arch. Special mention to the doormen....they are fantastic. I was amazed that they remembered me day-to-day and always extended a warm greeting. I highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest

Thank you for making direct contact with me regarding your stay at The Arch as well as posting a review. It was our pleasure to look after you and we were so pleased that you loved your stay.

If you feel like escaping Miami in the near future for a holiday, we gladly await. I look forward to meeting you in person on your future visit.

Grant Powell