“One of our best hotel experiences, ever!”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #21 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Oslo, Norway
“One of our best hotel experiences, ever!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Arch hotel was just incredible and exceeded all our expectations. We were first upgraded to a superior room because of the purpose of our journey, and then later upgraded to a junior suite because we had to wait until 3 pm to get our room (The check in time is statet as 3 pm at the hoel website). The room was amazing and the TV in the bathtub was a nice touch. The concierge helped us out with resturant reservations, transportation and luggage.
The only negative thing to adress was the breakfast served in room service that was overpriced and of bad quality.
I have earlier stayed at Lanesborough hotel and the Dorchester when I have been in London and I can honestly say that my stay at The Arch was the best ever experienced.

Room Tip: Room 218, Junior suite, just amazing!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I’m so pleased to hear your stay was incredible. We look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Please contact me so I can take care of your reservation personally.

Grant Powell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was very impressed by The Arch. I found it online by accident as I didn't want to go back to the Mandarin Oriental or the Sheraton in Knightsbridge. I wanted to stay in Mayfair and the Hyatt Churchill is way overpriced for what it is (stayed there 3 times!) The Arch is centrally located and it doesn't take long to get to where I needed to go (Bond Street, Knightsbridge, Islington, Holborn)

The rooms are well appointed. Loved the bathroom, which had a tub with TV and didn't have any drainage issue (a common problem in London hotels). The bed was extremely comfortable and the room is good size given how space is a premium in London.

Breakfast selection is very good. One also have free access to mini-bar and nespresso coffee (when I was there anyway).

The only complaint I had is the front desk. When I rocked up from a 12 hour journey to London at 6:30am, the guys at the desk didn't even bother to greet us--they decided to keep on chatting among themselves and laugh about something they were checking out online. We had to ask whether we can check in, whether we can store our luggage (no help offered), when we can come back to check in, where we can refresh ourselves before our rooms were ready... Learned later that none of the three there were front desk staff hence they didn't bother to help us, but that's not a good reason for the treatment as this is supposed to be a small luxury hotel and staff should be better trained. Anyway...I will still come back as it is really comfortable and it's good value in general.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cosmic_dot
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and your honest review. We are pleased to read that compared to other hotels in London you have stayed at that you were impressed with our service and style. I have addressed your comments with my team about your check in experience, it will not happen in the future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at The Arch London for 2 nights. Overall I had a very comfortable experience here. My first impression was good; for example, I arrived early on an overnight flight from Hong Kong. After a few minutes wait, the staff was able to allow me into the room early. This set the tone throughout, as I found in general the concierge, front-desk and restaurant staff to be friendly and professional.
The highlights were: very comfortable, quality beds - soft "Dux" or "Swedish" type mattress and bedding really helped sleep through the jetlag. In-room Nespresso machine was great! Free Wifi and complimentary bar items. These things just made the whole experience of staying there relaxing and effortless.
There is a nice lounge area stocked with books and a very good cocktail menu.
I also used room service (quite good) and the hotel's car service to Heathrow. The driver got to the airport in good time and the set rate was reasonable compared to a taxi.
The rooms are well decorated, but a bit small - though that is the norm in London. There was a desk for the laptop, a closet for luggage and a bathroom with plenty of counter space, so it didn't "feel" too small. However, two people traveling with a lot of luggage could find it crowded.
I would say the only complaint, and it is minor, is that the choices in the breakfast buffet are quite small for the price. However you can choose a custom menu item - like eggs florentine.
Location is good, especially for shopping. Hotel is close to the Marble Arch tube stop/Central Line; it is walking distance to Selfridge's.
Overall this was the kind of hotel stay that, as a frequent traveler, I like to have. The right amenities, good service, good location, no fuss. I would recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest

We were all pleased at the hotel to read your comments. It’s always a pleasure to know that as you frequently travel you felt comfortable during your stay. When next in London I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Stockholm
Reviewed 16 April 2012

stayed here for a night just for testing the hotel during a London trip.
Member of SLH and should have been greeted but got a small room and some misunderstanding between the hotel and SLH had occured and check out took very long time due that they charged me for breakfast though it is always free as a member of SLH, from loved and up. That was the only bad thing aside of the size of the room.
Clean small room, poor air condition, electricty went down in half the room, with coffee and tea + TV and radio out of function, they managed to fix everything with two visits to the room except the minibar.
Free softdrinks, clean and good stuff. Very functional and modern room, of course it is a design hotel and they are proud of the cool stuff.
Really good breakfast, handcutted fresh fruit salad and for UK really welltasting bread, (I am not a toastguy) Had afternoon tea, richly and really good scones and clotted cream and all marmalades seemed to be homecooked. 28 Pounds each + service. Lovely if you appreciate Afternoon tea of course. Good open kitchen. HUNTer486, serving from breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and drinks. Small and cosy and if liking this kind of a hotel it is a very good hotel, seems to be good security.

Room Tip: Book a superior or bigger and bed is only 1,40 so you have to be loving couple if two sleeps. choos...
1 Thank Traveloholicman
Dear Guest

We would like to apologise for the misunderstanding with you SLH membership. This has been noted on your profile and will not happen in the future. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the rest of your stay. Our food and beverage team were pleased to know that your culinary journey in Hunter486 Brassiere was an excellent one.

Sydney
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Best hotel we've stayed in London. Close to Marylebone High Street, Selfridges and Bond Street tube. We stayed in a deluxe room which felt spacious compared to other hotels in London.Wifi, bottled water, inroom bar with soft drinks/juice included free of charge. Beds were very comfortable. Would stay here again. Loved the tv in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on the upper floor away from road
Dear Guest

Brilliant news, thanks for saying that we are the best hotel you have stayed in whilst in London. Be sure to contact me upon your return so I can personally take care of your reservation.

Brussels
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I travel over 50 days a year and wanted something special for my birthday trip with my wife. We booked The Arch, mainly because of the reviews online.

And although the hotel is nice, for us, it did not live up to it's reputation online.
What we found great:
- the location: away from the tourist areas but close enough to visit all the sites
- the design: fantastic interiour architecture, renovated 2 years ago
- the concierge: great help to book resaurants

Here's what we did not like. I'm fully aware that each item on the list does not impact your holiday much, but if you add them all up, you go home disappointed.
- Check-in takes a very long time. We had to wait 10 minutes and it took another 10 minutes to do all the paperwork.
- We had a girl who took us to a room. I felt sorry for her and took over my bags because the stairs (no lift!) to our room was very steep.
- The rooms in the basement feel like prison, with bars in front of the window.
- The gym is poorly equiped. The weigths are for women only. Impossible to do any lifting above your head if you are 1.80 m or above because you hit the ceiling.
- Very poor choice of breakfast items if you go for the buffet formula. (Single items are much better value)

So, if you can strike a cheap deal (they offer a free night on some occasions) and love design, go for it. If not, think twice before booking. There are quite a few hotels out there that will do better.

5 Thank Jeroen D
Dear Guest

We strive to achieve high standards so that our guests have a perfect stay, sadly on this occasion we have not meet with your expectations. Should any of our clients not be happy with their choice of room, we are only too pleased to find a suitable one to make your stay comfortable.
Our state of the art gym is fully equipped and features power plates and the latest Kinesis technology machines that would rival most hotel gyms. I would hope that you would choose to return so that we can show our commitment to superior customer service.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The room was beautiful and the staff was very helpful. We will stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.