“Oh my...”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #18 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Well well well... Made a reservation for the room online more than a month in advance that gave me a percentage in discount for early booking.

Maybe this was the reason we were given a room in the basement with a tiny window?

Besides suites the Arch Hotel has four room categories, we booked and paid for a Deluxe Room which is the second best.

I can really not fault the room, the interior or its size but I did not expect to pay 217 GBP per night for a room in the basement with a tiny window. Do have in mind that 217 GBP per night is with 15 % off and excluding tax.

Even the guy showing us to the room apologized all the way to the room about where it was situated and its tiny window. "But it is quiet" seemed to be his only positive comment about the room. The waitress at breakfast exclaimed a loud "Oooh" when I told her my room number, like the room was cursed or something! I guessed she felt sorry for us.

Anyways, the two star rating is from our experience I would not be surprised if I had given it a four star rating if we had a room above ground floor.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Absolutely, but be sure to get a good room when booking.

Will I come back to this hotel? No.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a room in the basement!
4  Thank ByggareBob
grant_powell, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear Guest

I recognise that we can’t please every guest as with your stay. I have addressed your comments with my team as this is not our usual service we deliver. With regards to our rooms, our rooms on the lower ground floor are large and favoured by some of our regular clientele.
Like with all our guests, if you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay do tell us and we will correct it. This is what we are here to do and what our clients stay with us for.

Grant Powell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Well located, very stylish, beautiful rooms, relaxing atmoshphere, great gym, complimentary soft drinks, intimate bar area - all for the same price as other very grotty London hotels! I will certainly visit again - both for work and for a romantic weekend in London

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

That was a wonderful short stay at the ARCH in London.
Great situation and friendly & helpfull staff.
The rooms are spacious, clean and with very comfortable beds.
I have been looking for this kind of hotels for a while in London. I will definitely be back at the ARCH. Great modern hotel with a traditionnal ambiance - stylish and british!
loved it!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

On business travel in London with a friend, I chose a new hotel to experience that was highly recommended by the Mr. and Mrs. Smith website...Wow is all I can say! The Arch simply gorgeous, incredibly designed...service is fabulous and staff are accommodating and efficient. The location is terrific for shopping, a little run in the park and close to the tube for mini excursions. The decor is stunning...so beautiful! I highly recommend this hotel. And please try the Hoochie Martini. It is probably the best martini we both ever had!

Room Tip: The DELUXE ROOM is fabulous...spacious and beautiful!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. Extremely good to read that you feel we are a ‘’London Must’’.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Recently defected from a different boutique hotel in w1, this hotel deliveres everything that you would want for a boutique property including friendly service.

I was asked to criticise it earlier today and couldn't.

Give it a go.

Dear Guest

We are pleased to know that we are now your new London hotel.

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Hidden in the quiet streets of Marble Arch this place is a gem!! I stayed at the Arch hotel for four nights in June. Check in was so smooth and speedy considering there was a lot of us in London for a music tour so we had booked about 12 rooms. They helped us with our luggage, told gave us a map around the area, and even showed us where the gym was.This place is so different and smaller to most London 5star hotels but its gorgeous. . When I walked into my room it was decorated up to a high standard, equipped with free Sky movies & sports Channels which was great as being the only English person among my American bandmates meant that I could watch the Euro's in my room without interruption. The bathroom was sparkling clean. . The location is brilliant you can walk to Bondstreet & Mayfair. If you want a break from the normal 5star stay in London, but a bit more smaller, cosier and intimate this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Guest

We are pleased to read your comments, thank you and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Arch London flaunts beautiful facilities, excellent food, but their service was often quite poor.

Upon arrival the complimentary cocktails, as booked, were not presented to us. The cocktails had to be requested, causing some confusion, later that evening.

The room was fantastic, and will certainly merit our return alone. The next morning we headed down for breakfast. We ordered a couple of items from the A La Carte, but the continental breakfast was charged, when this was included as part of the booking. Thankfully, this charge was refunded at checkout, but they did not appear to understand our reasoning.

The second night seemed to deteriorate, though, where a number of enquiries were forgotten. (1) We spoke to the concierge about theatre tickets for a few shows, to see if any were available. The box office had closed, but he said he would let us know in the morning. However, we did not hear back. (2) We asked whether an article of clothing had been taken accidentally (possibly in the bed sheets) by house keeping. Since house keeping was closed, they said they would check, or speak to the relevant staff if they couldn't find anything. Again, we never heard back. (3) And that morning we requested a bottle of mineral water, which never arrived.

This, of course, happens occasionally, where one forgotten enquiry is understandable. Such consistent unreliability, however, proved quite frustrating, and unsatisfactory.

Such an experience may be rare at this fabulous venue, and there were enough positive qualities to merit a return and recommendation to others. Service is arguably the most important aspect at a hotel, though, and left us a little frustrated. Although perhaps it was just the wrong time to visit.

Room Tip: Definitely pleasant to have had a peaceful, tucked-away executive room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yanneves

Dear Guest

We were inconsistent on your stay but have improved I can assure you. I take these comments seriously with my team and ensure they improve each and every time.

I apologise we were not exceptional on this occasion.