“An impressive experience”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #22 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is a pleasant case of my expectations being exceeded.

Got a very good deal here on a deluxe room and was expecting a nice stay but the attention to detail in the rooms was really stand out.

Check-in was a very friendly experience and despite my early arrival the receptionist found a room available for me. It was on the 5th Floor and had everything you could possible want. A minibar with free soft drinks and real milk for my coffee plus a fair price for the alcoholic items. A nespresso machine, good TV with full sky package, another TV above the bath!, decent sound system, big comfy bed, spotlessly clean. Even more impressive I had a couple of coffees and a coke before going out and when I arrived back the items I had used had been replenished - very nice touch!

I got a good nights sleep, was not aware of any noise despite the central location and had a friendly experience at check-out. I did not try breakfast as I was meeting a colleague for brunch.

This is certainly somewhere I will recommend, it is really a great find and far nicer than my usual experiences in London. Well done to the whole team at Arch!

1  Thank Sirbalkansobranie
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Sirbalkanobranie,

Thank you for having taken the time to leave feedback about your stay.

I am particularly pleased we managed to get your room ready early and you could freshen up before the day started.

Furthermore, your comments about the hotel and the quiet rooms have all been noted and appreciated. I also appreciate you mentioning the complimentary mini bar, nespresso machine and Wi-Fi in your room. We do have a lot of our guests similar to you really enjoying the extra benefits which are included when you stay at The Arch.

Thank you for your support and with warmest personal regards,

There are newer reviews for The Arch London

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed only for one night at The Arch Hotel but wished we had more time there. It's in the beautiful Marylebone neighborhood.
It's easily reached by walking from the Paddington train station if you come that way from Heathrow Airport. It took us about half an hour of lovely brisk walking.
We had a superior king bed and our room was at the bottom floor. It had a window that when looked out was at ground level which was really neat. The window looked out into a quiet dead end street. The room was extremely quiet the entire night which was by the way a Saturday.
The bed was VERY comfortable, the bathroom was everything you desire, toiletries were top notch, was very very clean, sheets were crisp and soft drinks (not a fan myself) along with water were complimentary which is ever so nice these days. Free wifi too. Staff friendly and helpful as well.
What I particularly liked was the brand new smell of the hotel and I'm not really sure how new it is.
The color scheme in our room was gray, berry and a lot of chrome. I would imagine each room is just as tasteful as the lobby and sitting room and restaurant were really the same.
I wanted to stay longer but had to fly out too quickly.
Price would be the only deterrent if I had to pick something as The Arch was expensive.

Room Tip: Room 5 was very quiet but would venture to say any of the lower level rooms are too.

Dear groovygirl954,

Thank you for your lovely comment. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed your stay. The Arch is not even 4 years old and we are so pleased you liked the fresh design, look and feel of the hotel.

Please stay a little longer next time you come to London.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I've previously stayed at top hotels across the world with work including Dubai and the Far East. The down side to traveling with work is you get fed up with staying in hotels!

For my 30th birthday in February, my wife booked a night at the Arch and I can honestly say I really enjoyed staying here. The service was 5 star in a personal way and not in the slightest bit intrusive or forced.

I can honestly say I couldn't fault a single thing with the hotel, booking, service, room, staff or value for money.

We've booked again for Christmas and I can honestly say I can't remember ever booking a hotel stay for fun!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon P
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Simon P,

Thank you for your fantastic feedback regarding your 30th birthday visit back in February.

The team and I are delighted you have decided to return for a leisure trip in December. We will be watching out for you and thank you for all your support.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in November. Great location just by Marble Arch tube station and a 10 minute walk to Selfridges. The rooms are very smart, free wifi, coffee maker and a mini bar with free soft drinks and a little carton of milk (nice touch). Very comfy beds and pillows and great air con.

We had a continental breakfast included in the price but I ordered the full English (supplement was about £5 and joy of joy they DO NOT CHARGE A TRAY SUPPLEMENT for this reason alone I would stay again, it drives me up the wall to be charged for someone to bring the room service to the room). Breakfast was very nice, and the eggs poached to perfection every time.

Lovely bathroom with nice toiletries which are generously replenished. The turn down service was great (a bit early on the first 2 night but Thursday and Friday they came after we had left for dinner, much more civilised. The lady even left my night lotion on the bedside table for me, how is that for service.

One small point, I went down for breakfast on Wednesday at 10.45 and everything was cleared away (they did make me some coffee and toast which was very kind of them, but the hotel book in the room does state breakfast is served until 11.00 am.

The staff are wonderful, very friendly, chatty, helpful and genuinely seem to care about the hotel and their guests.

We normally stay at the Sofitel St James (wonderful but damn expensive and getting more expensive every time we book) but from now on this will be our hotel of choice when we come to London.

Many thanks and well done.

Dear Blackcornish 1964,

Thank you for the amazing review. All your comments have been noted, appreciated and shared with the teams here at The Arch.

Regarding your comment about breakfast I am sorry for the frustration this has caused you at the time and I am following this up with the Restaurant team here.

Thank you again for your support and hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel was perfect for the night we needed it. hotel staff were very polite and accommodating. Room was clean and plush and a great bathroom. The price was very good for being in the heart of everything. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Emma P,

Thank you for your kind comment. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed the hotel, the location and service.

We pride ourselves to deliver great value for money and service with a smile and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Just returned from an annual event in London and am pleased to write a review for this little hotel in Marble Arch. The difference for this hotel is the staff. Jean Pierre as a bell man and Paloma in the restaurant. Excellent! The front desk and concierge team was also superb.

The property is comfortable, clean, spacious and feels like home. The bath rooms are perfect for a business traveler. Make up mirrors for ladies and a plus. I like the rain shower effect as well. The hotel is convenient to Oxford and the Marble Arch tube stop.

I recommend this hotel for anyone needing to be in Central London. It's a perfect spot!

Room Tip: I stayed in a king room. it was spacious. 201 I believe. Very nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Roadlesstvled,

Thank you for your wonderful review, for recommending us, and generally being a great ambassador to The Arch. Your comments, especially about the team and specifically Jean Pierre at the Door and Paloma in our Restaurant have been sincerely appreciated - thank you.

The team and I are very pleased that you consider us to be your home away from home and please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. We would love to welcome you back soon.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

our first visit to this lovely hotel. staff exceptional. the room was an exquisite jewel. comfortable bed, smart decor, spotless bathroom and generous amenities, including coffee and drinks. we had our student son join us for cocktails and dinner and we had a charming evening with a standout meal and relaxing attention to detail. we will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear sullymys,

What a nice review you have written, thank you so much. The team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your visit, the service and décor of the Hotel.

We often receive positive feedback on our comfortable beds and I am pleased you enjoyed it too.

Thank you again for having taken the time to post a comment.