“A first-class hotel in a superb location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #21 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Sioux City, Iowa
“A first-class hotel in a superb location”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed at the Arch for the second time and found it just as excellent as the previous year. First, it in a great location, with excellent access to public transport. Second, the room was impeccable with nice furnishings and very quiet. Third, I loved the public spaces where I was able to hang out with visiting friends,both in the bar, the restaurant and the library. Fourth, the restaurant food is top notch. So often, a restaurant in a hotel is sub par, but not in this case. The food was creative and delicious. I ordered a special tea for my family and friends in the library and it was the best spread I ever had. Fifth, the hotel staff are friendly and sincere. They seem to enjoy their work and enjoy being helpful and courteous. Sixth, the hotel owner happened to be there one night and he came over to greet me and all my friends and was clearly aware that I had stayed there before. Finally, I tried very hard to get a ticket to a play that was all sold out and the concierge spent a lot of time trying to help me with that. Thanks to his advice I got a ticket.

I love this hotel and think it is great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank HAGLEY
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Hagley,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay and also for returning to us!

The team and I are so pleased you enjoyed the food in our restaurant, the location and design of the hotel.

Also I very much appreciate your comments about the service here at The Arch and hope that you will let me know personally whenever you are planning to return.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Le Vesinet, France
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Have stayed here a few times and must say it is in a prime location - within walking distance of serveral key areas I need to get to during my business trips. Quiet accomodations with modern rooms and some great amenities such as TV in the bathroom, Ipod plug in, Nespresso machine and free Wifi. Very professional yet friendly staff. All around a great experience for a frequent business traveler.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear 78110BRE,

Thank you for the lovely comments and for being such a great ambassador to The Arch.

Your support is noted and appreciated and the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We just spent 4 wonderful nights in this gorgeous hotel. We are used to London and we never felt that good. The hotel employees are caring. It is clean, high-standard. The complimentary soft drinks, tea and coffee is very nice. The fitness centre is perfect. The tea time at the hotel's restaurant is a delicate and delicious must-have. The location of the hotel is amazing and we are looking forward to coming back.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear ValentineBouvet,

Thank you for the nice feedback.

The team and I are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the service we provide. I am particularly pleased you enjoyed tea in our restaurant. We have worked hard to improve this area and especially afternoon tea is becoming popular with residents and non residents alike.

Please come back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The first time I stayed at The Arch(last year) I was very impressed and decided to give it another
go in January. As so often happens, one can be disappointed, but no way, this hotel is simply
extremely good. I honestly can't think of anything to complain about. From the moment you walk in,
to the time you leave, perfect!

Dear Nugentp 2014,

Thank you for your comments and for returning to stay with us.

your support is noted and appreciated and please let me know if I can assist you personally in any way.

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Almost hard to believe The Arch is only a few minutes walk from the Marble Arch Tube station and only a block off Edgeware Road (convenient for Heathrow Express at Paddington.) It's one of the quietest hotels I've stayed at in London. Super friendly staff all the way around too, starting at check-in.

Rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds and a good size for London. Do ask if you are a bathtub person though as some rooms are shower only. (Tubs even have televisions.) There are also a limited number of twin rooms as opposed to kings-queens so ask at the time of reservation if it matters.

Rates were reasonable too, though no doubt they will be higher in spring and summer. Some travel agents have special rates including breakfast too..

Also liked the included sodas and water in the minibar and the free wifi, a nice change from some of the nickeling and diming many hotels do these days. And while I remembered my adapter, this time, it was nice to see both U.S. and European plugs next to the in room desk.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be sure to request preferred bedding and bath or shower when you book. Staff will try to accommodate...
Dear sportsbabe 59,

Thank you for the lovely review.

The team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the location and the design of the hotel.

The TV's in the bathrooms are amazing and a few guests have commented on this feature, I am glad you liked it too.

Please let me know if I can be of personal assistance whenever you are planning to come back.

Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We traveled to London in early January and were fortunate to get a great rate at The Arch for the weekend. The rooms were spacious, the linens fluffy and the bed so comfy that we never made it up in time for breakfast. There was even a television in the bathtub with a tub large enough to soak in. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the Marble Arch station and in a neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and pubs. The staff was friendly and attentive and could not do enough for us. I wish I could afford to stay here whenever I am in London. It was really a delight.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Debbie H,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and the comfort of your bed. We often get comments on the mattresses and your comment confirms that we have made the right choice.

Please come and stay with us again whenever you are back to visit London.

I would be delighted to assist you personally with your next reservation.

Michael Voigt
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Arch hotel Friday 24th to Monday 27th of January 2014. It was the perfect stay in London! First of all the location was great - easy to get around to public transportation, Oxford street, Hyde park and a short taxi ride from both Victoria station and Paddington.

The staff was very friendly (especially the doorman from Myanmar was always a big smile) and the housemaids did a great job. Our room (deluxe) was a good size, everything seemed clean and well maintained. We loved the fact the decoration was nice, warm tones, and tidy without beeing minimalistic. There was a really comfortable bed with a duvet, a desk and an extra chair, and the air-conditioning worked well (a must for a Norwegian who prefer to sleep with her window open at minus 5 degrees Celsius). And I must say that the maybe smaller things felt like the biggest: TV above the bath - perfect after getting cold sightseeing London, really good oversized towels, Nespresso machine and a kettle, no extra charge for water and soft drinks in the minibar, and even a refill of the minibar and extra water, towels, soap and coffee pods at every turndown service. And the smallest little extra of all – a good hairdryer, no silly, old dryer stuck to the wall. And when we left, we even had a couple of bottles of water to take with us, free of charge, so we didn’t have to spend time getting that.

The in room full English breakfast was maybe a little expensive, but a really nice and relaxed option on a Sunday morning. Good quality – including pastries and jam, it was more than enough.

Overall – for the first time in London I really enjoyed coming back to the hotel every afternoon, and for the first time I slept so well, thanks to a quiet location and great bed, so I didn’t try the gym facilities, which is what I usually do when I am waiting for my travel company to wake up. So no review for the gym… The hotel brought out the lazy in me.

So overall – the best hotel I have stayed in in London and thanks to all the staff at The Arch! We’ll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LillSK,

Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and especially for mentioning Soe. He is such a great person to have on the team and never stops smiling, it is completely contagious.

The team and I are really happy you enjoyed the décor, facilities and service of the hotel and we all hope you will return to us soon.

Thank you for your support and for staying with us.

With warmest personal regards,