“Great Stay in London”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Arch last August for several days with my fiance. We struggled with hotel choices since most hotels in the central London area are insanely expensive. We chose the Arch and another hotel to split our stay between, and honestly wish we had gone with the Arch for the entire trip. The Deluxe room we stayed in was extremely clean, everything was new and modern and the staff was great. We even spent an evening in the bar downstairs, which was nice as well. The one minor downside was that the room was a bit small (by American standards), but that is the norm in central London without having to take out a second mortgage. Given the price, location and quality of the room, we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear BretD,

Thank you for the lovely review and for sharing it here on Tipadvisor.

Next time you come to London I would like to show you personally a different selection of rooms which come in all shapes and sizes.

Thank you for staying with us.

Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for her Birthday. The hotel was in a great location and easy to get to. We were welcomed and shown to a lovely room which had a TV in the bath! The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us.The room was always lovely and clean.

We had afternoon tea here which was great, (We hadn't done it before). We had a personal booth with champagne and more food than you can eat!

The only small issue we had was one of the doormen that failed to recognise us several times when we needed assistance (getting taxi's etc). We found him very funny however as he reminded us of Manwell in Fawlty Towers as he kept walking around in a bit of a dib dab.

Great Hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BretD,

Thank you for the lovely review and for sharing your comments here on Tripadvisor.

Next time you are in London I would love to show you personally a variety of rooms and different sizes we have here at The Arch and I am sure we will find the right fit for you.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

4 stays in 3 years, including 2 this year, not to mention 3 sets of friends who have stayed on my recommendation in 2012/3. Perfect situation in a quiet location. Absolutely first class in every respect. Not the cheapest but excellent value for money particularly for London. Unobtrusive professional competence of the staff. Outstanding friendliness of the whole team, without any familiarity, just perfect good manners and always a helpful attitude. 4 different styles of room in 4 stays, each individually designed but all to the same high standard, with everything you need but nothing superfluous or gimmicky. Exemplary standards of cleanliness everywhere in rooms, bathrooms and public spaces. Nice minibar (free except for alcohol and snacks) with imaginitive selection of items, and a Nespresso machine. Perfect breakfast more like a house party than an hotel. The brasserie has an excellent menu, short but nicely thought out, cooked and served. Short but good wine selection too, by the bottle and by the glass. Have never used room service but I am sure it is to the same high standard. 2 special mentions : (1) the miraculously efficient concierge team who make taxis appear from nowhere, and (2) thoughtful wake-up call follow-up (when I failed to answer the call, having not noticed the phone was off the hook, someone came to the room to check if I was OK). Does not get much better than that. And this from someone who was brought up in the hotel business and has experienced most things ! In fact I hesitate to write this review in case The Arch gets overbooked and standards start to slip...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear DavidL,

Thank you for the lovely feedback and the time and trouble you have taken to share this comment on Tripadvisor. You are such a loyal supporter and this is noted and appreciated.

Regarding the service and attention to detail, especially from our Concierge team, Theo, our Head Concierge is delighted we managed to look after you. We have shared your comments with the entire team here and everybody is looking forward to your return.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future and thank you for your support.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived pretty early to drop bag to be told by a very friendly team at reception that we could get in to our room already. Lovely room. Everything well thought out and pristine. Nice touch of free soft drinks in mini bar and a nespresso for your coffee needs. I know previous people have said how good the team are here and I can only agree.Really difficult to fault anything at The Arch. The biggest compliment I can pay it is I won't be searching for any other London hotels in the future!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear jamlucy,

What a compliment indeed!

Thank you for the really nice feedback about The Arch. The feedback about the service and facilities is noted and appreciated and we are proud to be your new "home away from home" in London.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance for anything you might need. It would be nice to meet with you personally sometime on one of your return visits.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Getting bored of large, bland, and very impersonal hotel chains, I was glad when I was booked into somewhere different for an overnight work visit. The Arch is stylish, smart and very well appointed; this is now my preferred hotel in London when I stay overnight, and has everything you'll need for a business or pleasure visit.

The food is excellent, and the cocktails at the bar are exceptional, with very knowledgeable staff, who are only to happy to spend time to help you find what you want.

All in all I can't recommend The Arch highly enough, I just wish everywhere was as good as this.

Dear Rich P,

Thank you for sharing your lovely comments.

We are indeed small and privately owned and I am so pleased that you felt the atmosphere and service are much more personal than a larger hotel.

Please come back and stay with us again whenever you are in London.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have stayed here 8 times in the last 2 years on business - and the reason I am a repeat visitor is because it is the most comfortable hotel I have stayed in London. Given its size it has that homely feeling and the staff are extremely friendly.
I have eaten in the hotel a number of times and cannot fault the quality of the food. The full English breakfast is the best I have had in a long time. Lastly, the gym is small but I more than sufficient as I have there has never been more than 3 people at one time there.
Would I recommend - YES!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear ciaran h,

The team and I are delighted to have you back again and again and thank you for all your support. It is noted and appreciated!

We are looking forward to your return trip soon.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was flying through London on my way to Nigeria (from the US), at short notice, and found myself in the airport still needing a hotel for a couple of nights. After looking at the usual suspects, I stumbled across The Arch, which seemed to offer good value compared to the hotels in Mayfair, where we'd usually stay, but with a similar location (we like to be near Hyde Park and Oxford Street). The selling point for us was the fact that the King sized bed was an option for the room we booked, which was the cheapest available. Being 'cheaper' than other 'trendy' hotels, such as The Met, I didn't have high hopes, even if I maintained expectations. How wrong I was. From the minute you walk in you get that boutique feel. Check-in was swift and efficient and the porter took my luggage to the room. The room was a good size and well appointed with a Sky TV package, wifi and free soft drinks from the mini bar. The room was clean, the decor pleasant and the bathroom was extremely well-appointed with toiletries and a TV. Yes, a TV in the bath. You can actually lie in the bath and watch TV. I genuinely thought my life was complete. This will now be a regular crash pad for my monthly trips to London as the courteous staff, pleasant food and nice cocktails all give you that 'comfortable' feeling you look for in a hotel. Even my better half said she preferred it to any of the other hotels we had been in recently and even the apartments we rent when I am in town for longer periods. Are there 'better' hotels? I'm sure you can find larger rooms, a more impressive bar/ restaurant and any number of individual criteria to answer that question but... Are there better value 5* hotels, in that location, for that money? I'm not so sure. I think we've found our 'home'.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear USDom,

Thank you for the very nice comments and for the time you have taken to express your feelings about The Arch.

I am so thrilled your experience exceeded expectations and the nicest compliments of all "we are your new home in London".

Thank you again and please let me know whenever you are planning to return home!