“Good boutique hotel”

Ranked #22 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Oakland, CA
“Good boutique hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here for a week and we enjoyed it. The hotel is located on a quiet street which is just a few blocks from the Marble Arch tube station and the busy shops on Oxford and Bond streets are reachable within a ten minute walk.

The staff was very friendly all tried to be helpful. The room itself was very well decorated and we loved the big tall windows which looked out to the street. The free wifi and in-room drinks (coffee, tea water, juice) were much appreciated. Bathroom itself was quite large with a rain shower head which we enjoyed.

When you are going back to the airport, the hotel can arrange a car for you. Our ride was an S-Class Mercedes which cost just 15 pounds more than the regular taxi price and it was worth it.

There are just a few minor quibbles: the bed is on rollers and will move when you lean on it, and toilet paper could be of better quality. Overall, we liked the hotel and it was a great base camp from which to explore London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Beckett,

Thank you for the lovely review. The team and I appreciate your feedback and that you enjoyed your time at The Arch.

Regarding the rollers on the bed, this was a good point and we have removed them now in all rooms which have wooden floors. The toilet paper is under review too.

Thank you for staying with us.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We traveled to London for our son's 16th birthday. Upon our early morning arrival, the room was ready and the staff could not have been more helpful. They put balloons and decorations in the room as a surprise for our son on his birthday. Restaurant has a great English breakfast. The room was beautiful, clean and the beds really comfortable. Terrific safe location and I absolutely recommend this hotel for those looking for an upscale experience with a super staff!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear kareng,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

The team and I are pleased your sons birthday went well and delighted the little touches left a good impression.

Please come back soon.

Hampshire
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I never normally write reviews but my husband and I had such a wonderful stay at The Arch that I had to write to say how amazing this hotel is. We stayed for one night but wished it could have been longer! We booked a delux room but to our surprise, we found that when we arrived we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was simply gorgeous. Immaculately clean, had everything you could have needed and a free soft drinks bar included. All the staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant where the service again, was faultless. Breakfast was plentiful and tasted wonderful. I can honestly say, there is nothing negative about this hotel and this coming from a very fussy person! Location fantastic, three minute walk from Hyde Park and Oxford street. My only regret is that we couldn't stay for longer. We will without a doubt be back!

Dear Svengal1,

Thank you for having taken the time to publish your feedback on tripadvisor - your support is noted and appreciated.

The team and I are really pleased you enjoyed the hotel, the food and service we offer and that you liked our location.

Its not far from Hampshire and I hope you will come back to visit us soon again.

Monaco
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Normally I can't stand boutique hotels, but I had some meetings nearby with a designer and they recommended it. I loved it. The whole experience was great. After an early flight, the helpful receptionist went to some trouble to get me into my room early. The room was very comfortable and had some endeering features like electricity points where you want them (why can't more hotels manage this), easy to access internet, fresh milk in the minibar (brilliant). The bed was comfortable, The concierge helpful. The restaurant looks cool, though I didn't try it... And all for under £300! Bargain. I will return for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Dogontour,

Thank you for the nice feedback, the team and I are very pleased we have convinced you to return to a Boutique Hotel!

Really very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the facilities and please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Hmmmm it's always very difficult to find a great London hotel at a good price with all the combinations we look for. When you are hosting more than just yourself there are lots of things to consider and for us - a good room, fab service, good food, location etc are just a few of the things we need to be able to cover off. After all if the hotel is great then we look great which is always a bonus.

My business partner found this place and from the first stay in January this year it felt like our new London base - which is just what we were looking for.

The check in staff are polite and swift. The rooms are lovely - not huge but then who needs a huge room for a short hop in town? All fitted with everything you'd like to expect but don't always get. The only thing that does vex me is the coffee maker - one of those Talissimo (??) machines - the theory is always good but the practical results are somewhat disappointing - the coffee is never hot enough. Hey but to balance this is the fact that everything in the fridge with the exception of the Tattinger and the beer is free - so no paying for water, juice etc etc which is so much nicer.

Bathroom towels are amazing all white and very fluffy. I always wish coming away from here that I was not on business but staying for longer on a much more relaxed basis. Hey perhaps one day.

Well placed as well. A shortish walk from Marble Arch and hence Oxford Street and all that has to offer.

If you want to be in the West End you'd be hard pressed to beat this little place - hence my title - I almost want to keep this to myself.

We'll definitely be back next time - at the end of April!!

Room Tip: From a colleague and not me - don't get a room in the basement or ground level a bit noisy he sa...
Dear Siobhan W,

Thank you for the nice review. The team and I appreciate you sharing your experience with other viewers on tripadvisor.

I am so pleased you found a new home in London and please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future.

Chennai
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Everything is just as any seasoned traveler would like. Small is beautiful. Well appointed and comfortable. Good food, including a near perfect English Breakfast. Great service. easy in and out. Excellent location. Who could ask for more?!

Room Tip: I did not notice any areas to avoid.
1 Thank ajbawa
Dear ajbawa,

Thank you for the lovely review - thank you.

The team and I are pleased you enjoyed your visit and loved the comment about the breakfast.

Please come back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

So refreshing to find such a professional & sleek hotel in London but with the warmth & personality of a small retreat. My husband booked a surprise night away for my birthday & I was thoroughly spoilt from the moment we stepped into the hotel. All the staff took the time to say hello & wish me a happy birthday. The room was immaculately dressed with great mod cons - as coffee fanatics it was amazing to have a nespresso machine in our room. The breakfast was amazing too! This will now be our go to hotel when staying in London whether for business or pleasure - One very happy client who will recommend this hotel to anybody & everybody looking to stay in London next.

Room Tip: I think we had the Executive Room which was very spacious with a separate desk & wardrobe area a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear VictoriaF,

Thank you for posting such a nice comment on tripadvisor - your support is noted and appreciated.

The team and I are so pleased you enjoyed your birthday here at The Arch and it is a great honour to know that you will return whenever your travel brings you to London.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.