“Excellent central hotel”

Ranked #20 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Geneva, Switzerland
“Excellent central hotel”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed for two nights in The Arch with my three young children to be close to a family event near Marble Arch. We also hosted a dinner for a large group on the Saturday evening in the hotel bar and then restaurant. I am a Londoner by birth but live abroad now, so I don't have a lot of experience staying in London hotels. However I can't really think of anything negative to say about The Arch. The location is ideal, close to Hyde Park and very central but somehow managing to feel secluded and calm. The rooms were well appointed and in great condition. My boys particularly enjoyed watching TV in the bath. The breakfast and dinner were excellent, and the gym is good too. But the stand-out feature for me was the warmth and friendliness of the staff. The pre-visit attentiveness by Michele in helping me to organise the dinner was exceptional and unusual for such a high-end hotel. My guests on Saturday were moved to ask me if I was a regular visitor there, such was the easy and attentive manner with which all the staff treated us. The Arch is not cheap, but for us it was worth the money and we will stay there again. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear SolidAg,

Thank you for the feedback, the team and I are glad you enjoyed your visit to London and that the team here managed to help you making all the arrangements.

Thank you also for mentioning Michele, she is a star amongst the team and I am so glad you felt the service Michele provided was of help to you and the family. Michele is absolutely thrilled about your comments!

With warmest personal regards,

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I loved our stay at The Arch. Located in a quiet lane yet only 2 min walking distance from marble arch station and 5 min from Selfridges, it was the perfect location. Besides the usual free nespresso coffee and tea in the room, there were free drinks ie milk, soft drinks in the fridge. The bed and pillows were so comfy and I loved the black out curtains as I am particularly averse to light when I sleep. TV in the shower was a huge bonus. Service was also wonderful. Will definitely return again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karinasingapore
Dear karinasingapore,

Thank you for the lovely feedback and support. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed The Arch, the location and service during your recent visit.

Please come back soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Arch London is a fantastic hotel. Close to everything but far enough away from Oxford to be nice and quiet. I was impressed with the lack of noise, the bed was extremely comfortable and everyone was extremely friendly and helpful with great suggestions for things to do and places to eat. I intended, but did not manage, to get to the gym so I have no comment on it but I suspect it would be as fabulous as the rest. Thank you for an excellent stay - I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kufe,

Thank you for the lovely feedback. The team and I are so pleased you liked The Arch and enjoyed the location and especially the comfort of our beds. A lot of guests comment on our great mattresses (if I may say so myself) - thank you.

Next time you come please try the gym, you will enjoy it!

Oakland, CA
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed here for a week and we enjoyed it. The hotel is located on a quiet street which is just a few blocks from the Marble Arch tube station and the busy shops on Oxford and Bond streets are reachable within a ten minute walk.

The staff was very friendly all tried to be helpful. The room itself was very well decorated and we loved the big tall windows which looked out to the street. The free wifi and in-room drinks (coffee, tea water, juice) were much appreciated. Bathroom itself was quite large with a rain shower head which we enjoyed.

When you are going back to the airport, the hotel can arrange a car for you. Our ride was an S-Class Mercedes which cost just 15 pounds more than the regular taxi price and it was worth it.

There are just a few minor quibbles: the bed is on rollers and will move when you lean on it, and toilet paper could be of better quality. Overall, we liked the hotel and it was a great base camp from which to explore London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Beckett,

Thank you for the lovely review. The team and I appreciate your feedback and that you enjoyed your time at The Arch.

Regarding the rollers on the bed, this was a good point and we have removed them now in all rooms which have wooden floors. The toilet paper is under review too.

Thank you for staying with us.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We traveled to London for our son's 16th birthday. Upon our early morning arrival, the room was ready and the staff could not have been more helpful. They put balloons and decorations in the room as a surprise for our son on his birthday. Restaurant has a great English breakfast. The room was beautiful, clean and the beds really comfortable. Terrific safe location and I absolutely recommend this hotel for those looking for an upscale experience with a super staff!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was really quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear kareng,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

The team and I are pleased your sons birthday went well and delighted the little touches left a good impression.

Please come back soon.

Hampshire
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I never normally write reviews but my husband and I had such a wonderful stay at The Arch that I had to write to say how amazing this hotel is. We stayed for one night but wished it could have been longer! We booked a delux room but to our surprise, we found that when we arrived we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was simply gorgeous. Immaculately clean, had everything you could have needed and a free soft drinks bar included. All the staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant where the service again, was faultless. Breakfast was plentiful and tasted wonderful. I can honestly say, there is nothing negative about this hotel and this coming from a very fussy person! Location fantastic, three minute walk from Hyde Park and Oxford street. My only regret is that we couldn't stay for longer. We will without a doubt be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Svengal1,

Thank you for having taken the time to publish your feedback on tripadvisor - your support is noted and appreciated.

The team and I are really pleased you enjoyed the hotel, the food and service we offer and that you liked our location.

Its not far from Hampshire and I hope you will come back to visit us soon again.

Monaco
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Normally I can't stand boutique hotels, but I had some meetings nearby with a designer and they recommended it. I loved it. The whole experience was great. After an early flight, the helpful receptionist went to some trouble to get me into my room early. The room was very comfortable and had some endeering features like electricity points where you want them (why can't more hotels manage this), easy to access internet, fresh milk in the minibar (brilliant). The bed was comfortable, The concierge helpful. The restaurant looks cool, though I didn't try it... And all for under £300! Bargain. I will return for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Dogontour,

Thank you for the nice feedback, the team and I are very pleased we have convinced you to return to a Boutique Hotel!

Really very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the facilities and please do let me know personally whenever you are planning to return.