The Arch London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$336
US$278
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$116
galahotels.com
US$551
US$533
1,891 results
All reviewsfree soft drinksoxford streethunter restaurantnespresso machinehyde parksky tvmini bargreat boutiquequiet streetdeluxe roomfresh milkthe general managerwonderful hotelperfect stayafternoon teacentral locationfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My son and I. Stayed at the arch from 16th-19th April it was Fantastic, the staff in all areas of the hotel were so nice and friendly and really helpful, the rooms were lovely and the beds really comfy and spotless, we only ate in the restaurant for breakfast as we had booked 2westend shows and didn't have time to stay in for Dinner but the breakfasts were Fantastic lots of fresh food to choose from and again all the staff were lovely and made it a relaxed atmosphere so a big THANKYOU to you all xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear 703linda,

Thank you for the lovely comment, the team and I lived reading how much you and your son enjoyed your visit to The Arch.

Next time please come and try our restaurant, we serve wonderful dishes even before you go to a show!

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel. Staff really helpful on arrival. Was upgraded to a suite, fab decor, quality furnishings. All usual 5 star good toiletries, media equipment.

Oxford Street is a short walk so location is perfect for shopping.my only downside was the bar closes early and when we returned just after midnight from a ball , we had to raid the mini bar!

Staff were very professional but friendly too!

Room Tip: Suites are well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear CazzieSlough_UK,

The team and I are so pleased you enjoyed The Arch, the room, location and service of the hotel.

Regarding the bar, we usually close only after the last houseguest has gone to be and I am sorry the outlet was closed when you returned from the ball.

Please come and visit us again and let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Couple days in London - great recommendation from friends. Will be a regular for sure. Great staff and a warm welcome. And spotlessly clean. Do the upgrade to a room on the front - its quiet even though on the front. Great addition to London smaller hotel scene for sure.

Room Tip: Do the upgrade - well worth it.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear nicehatharry,

Thank you for the lovely comments and for the assurance that we will see you again. A return visit is the best compliment we can get!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance with your future visits.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival I felt immediately welcome and at home. Leaving the bustle of London behind and entering its stylish and comfortable lobby was a soothing and rejuvenating experience. Behind a traditional facade, the inside blended a classic feel with up to date technology. Despite its central location the immediate surroundings were quiet and tranquil. Great location with excellent transport.

• Stayed: April 2014
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Tom909,

Thank you for the lovely feedback - we all love the title of your review!

Your support of The Arch is noted and appreciated and I hope you will come and stay with us soon again.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Like many other big cities, London hotels are known to be expensive. The real problem, however, is that the price is not directly proportional to the hotel's quality. I have stayed in relatively expensive London hotels before that were below par and I have vowed to never make a similar mistake ever again.

The Arch is quite pricey - almost $3000HKD for a night's stay (if you book early). It is on Great Cumberland Place, slightly off Marble Arch and Oxford Street (around 3-5 minute walk from Marcle Arch tube station), which is fantastic, as you are only minutes away from all the shopping but silence is guaranteed. However, one point to bear in mind is that Marble Arch station is only served by the Central line, and its next station Bond Street (which has Jubilee Line connection) will be closed for upgrade from mid April to June 2014. So if you want a hotel that is near and within walking distance from the West End, you may need to consider somewhere else.

Basic standard rooms are not big but good enough; the bathroom is exquisite though. Large space, excellent amenities and a television in the shower.
Free minibar (bottled water, juice and milk) is a plus. A little comment on the wifi - it is slow. And reception can be almost to none in certain parts of the room (e.g. on my side of the bed).

On arrival we were greeted by wonderful and curteous frontdoor staff and bellboys; reception and concierge staff can use a bit more warmth though. Otherwise service was prompt. On our last morning we called frontdesk to ask for assistance with luggage and the bellboy came a bit late. A frontdoor staff came to us personally to apologise for the slight delay, which was a very thoughtful gesture. They were also very helpful in helping us locate our prebooked taxi to the airport.

Combining both price and value, The Arch did not let me down. One personal note to travellers - reviews are important. Don't just look at the overall rating but you really need to go into the details to know more about your hotel and destination. I must admit I am a bit obsessive-compulsive in this regard, but such trait has indeed led to well-made decisions for my vacations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cowardjai,

Thank you for the nice feedback and sharing the positive details of your stay here on tripadvisor. It was good to read that you enjoyed The Arch, the service we provided and our central London W1 location.

Regarding your rate, which at the time of your stay was about £230.00 per night, we always try to be competitive when it comes to value for money and I am pleased you felt we delivered on your expectations.

Further to your comment about Marble Arch tube station and the connection to the Jubilee Line, please be aware that during the summer, the central line still stops at Marble Arch, nothing changed here, the Jubilee line will stop at Baker Street instead of Bond Street. From there we are a short walk (7-10 minutes) away. Its a lovely walk actually passing by the Swedish and Swiss Embassy going through one of the most picturesque London garden squares. When you come and visit us again you should try it, its lovely.

Otherwise, I would be delighted to welcome you back and hope I can be of assistance next time you are staying with us.

With warmest personal regards,