“Stylish hotel set in a quiet street but oh so central.”
Review of The Arch London

The Arch London
Ranked #20 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Ellon, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Stylish hotel set in a quiet street but oh so central.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Beautiful, clean, well appointed hotel that is so central. Its within 5 mins walk of Marble Arch tube station and Oxford Street and backs onto Hyde Park and Park Lane. That said it was so quiet, our room faced the street so I was a little worried it may be noisy but not a thing. The Nespresso machine is a lovely home from home touch in the room and the other touches such as the tv in the bath and the night light in the bathroom were appreciated.
Staff that we interacted was polite and helpful.
We ate at the Hunter restaurant for a lite bite and a breakfast, both if which were great.
We noted an issue with the draining of bath water and a slight leak from the shower head that had caused the plaster to become wet (for their own maintenance) and we found vouchers for 2 x FOC cocktails and an offer of a room upgrade. We took the cocktails and declined the room upgrade - it really didnt warrant that. Loved my stay - great memories for a 40th birthday in London town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiona M
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Fiona M,

Thank you for the 5star feedback and many belated congratulations on your 40th birthday. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed your visit and the facilities of The Arch.

I am sorry about the frustration regarding the issues in your bathroom but I am glad the team dealt with it efficiently and with a sincere desire to turn this situation around.

Please do let me know whenever you are planning to return, I would be delighted to personally look after your booking.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Second time we stayed at this lovely hotel and the experience was just as good this time.

Can't fault anything - impeccable and excellent service. Perfect location right near the Marble Arch Underground.
The room was very comfortable, stylish and clean.

Internet access is good and the complimentary soft drinks is a very nice touch. Love the Nespresso machine, and the TV in the bath :)
Will defenitely be back again!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CL,

Thank you for the lovely feedback and for your return visit. Your support is noted and appreciated.

Please do let me know personally if I can be of assistance for any future stays in London.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for a brief few nights here a while ago, and our stay was brilliant.
We shall be back, and I also recommend getting to know all the helpful staff. They are a credit to the hotel and obviously are passionate for what they offer to all us guests.

I personally thanked the General manager for our stay when we were leaving.

Highly regarded place, and truly worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Brett P,

Thank you again for your lovely comments and for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.

Your support is noted and appreciated and the team and I hope you will be back soon.

Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I just want to say that this is the first review that I write in Trip Advisor and it's because I just want to share with everyone the perfect experince that I had at The Arch Hotel.

Super clean, amazing decoration, it couldn't be more well located and most important of all: WHAT A GREAT STAFF

I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I had to go back to London

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TEMPO R
Dear TEMPO R,

Thank you for the lovely review and the time you have taken to share your feedback on tripadvisor - we all love the title!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and your comment about the team here, the service and cleanliness of the hotel is much appreciated. Thank you.

Please stay with us again whenever you are back in the UK and let me know personally if I can be of assistance in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent three days at the Arch and was lovely. Can't fault the hotel - impeccable and excellent service. Fantastic location right near the Marble Arch. Close to the cinema and supermarkets. The hotel restaurant was fabulous and room service excellent. Internet access - perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank FrancoiseAUS76
Dear FrancoiseAUS76,

Thank you for your feedback about the hotel. The team and I are pleased you enjoyed the location and restaurant of The Arch.

Please stay with us again whenever your travel brings you to London next.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here in December 2013, and it was lovely. Great location, close to the Underground, and staff who could find a cab anytime. Breakfast was very good, especially the scrambled eggs. I had a room with disabled access, which I don't need, but it meant a huge bathroom and a glorious rain shower. It's a nice walk to the Marylebone High St, or to Wigmore Hall where I saw a beautiful performance of Bach's English Suites. I love walking and only took about 30 minutes to walk to Liberty, and a fraction longer to the National Gallery. There's lots of local cafés, and the night I had room service the food was good and the service excellent.
Recommended, especially if you need disabled facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms at street level are surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear RCoeli,

Thank you for the lovely review. the team and I are pleased you enjoyed the room and facilities of The Arch.

Since you have been with us things have become even better and I hope we can convince you that the hotel now deserves 5 stars.

Thank you for your support and please come and visit us again soon.

with warmest regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Arch London was recommended by a friend and i can simply say i didn't regret choosing this hôtel. Everything about this hôtel is just simply perfect and flawless. Nicely decorated toom with a modern and élégance touch to it. The staff are genuinenly helpful, and nice. I'll definitely come back next time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Michael V, General Manager at The Arch London, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Miss Nike,

Thank you for the lovely review, the team and I are really pleased you enjoyed your recent visit to The Arch.

Thank you for staying with us and please come back on your next visit to London.

With warmest personal regards,